XFL Unveils team logos/names

Just now, May Day 10 said:

Cyrus Kouandjio is a second round pick of the "Guardians" whoever they are

actually he is the 22nd round pick. Second round in the OL phase (10 rounds). Already had the Skill Position Phase (10 rounds) 

• 3 months later...

Just bought a pair of Houston Roughnecks season tickets. My biggest selling point is on field passes for one game a year.   The league Rosters read like a who's who of Bills training camp fodder from the Gailey/Marrone/Rex era. Even a few from McD.

Bills:

• Cam Phillips (Houston)
  • Gerhard de Beer (Houston)
  • Josh Johnson (Los Angeles)
  •  Tyree Jackson (DC)
  • Cardale Jones (DC)
  • Keith Ford (St Louis)
  • Joe Powell (St Louis)

Other recognizeable Non Bills names:

• Matt McGloin (New York)
  •  Landry Jones (Dallas)
  •  Jake Schum (Tampa) (Punter for Packers and Bucs, Frontier High School, Buff State, and UB Alum)
  • Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, That's No Moon said:

I was having a hard time placing the DC logo and why it made sense for the to be the Defenders and have the lightning.  Then I remembered the SAC logo.

image.png.67b47e2ceb7ded23dc388d146516904a.png

Cool SAC logo but probably coincidence.  Not a fan of Red and White alone. 

I have made this point a thousand times and eventually Someone will get smart and pick up on it: The only way another football league will work, is if they become a minor league of sorts for the nfl. If every nfl team had a developmental team to help mature talent, fans would watch. If you had a team of guys, (that the Bills had control over) it would matter to you. College football IS NOT A MINOR LEAGUE. You don’t have control over the players there. 

The nfl does not need this league, but the league needs the nfl. Give the nfl another revenue stream in the offseason and give the teams a chance to retain these fringe roster players, without taking a space on the 53. The teams could be made up of draft picks that weren’t ready to play in the nfl, undrafted free agents and ps guys. Maybe make the eligibility where if you dressed for a game during the NFL season, you can’t play in the minor league. The pieces are there it just needs to be worked out. A league will not stand on its own against the nfl. The fans won’t identify with any team. You need that little bit of built in rooting interest by pairing it with your nfl team.

• Like (+1) 3

32 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I have made this point a thousand times and eventually Someone will get smart and pick up on it: The only way another football league will work, is if they become a minor league of sorts for the nfl. If every nfl team had a developmental team to help mature talent, fans would watch. If you had a team of guys, (that the Bills had control over) it would matter to you. College football IS NOT A MINOR LEAGUE. You don’t have control over the players there. 

The nfl does not need this league, but the league needs the nfl. Give the nfl another revenue stream in the offseason and give the teams a chance to retain these fringe roster players, without taking a space on the 53. The teams could be made up of draft picks that weren’t ready to play in the nfl, undrafted free agents and ps guys. Maybe make the eligibility where if you dressed for a game during the NFL season, you can’t play in the minor league. The pieces are there it just needs to be worked out. A league will not stand on its own against the nfl. The fans won’t identify with any team. You need that little bit of built in rooting interest by pairing it with your nfl team.

Your most likely spot on but what if people have grown so tired of Roger's BS ways around Cheating and Officiating it does catch on? I'm willing to watch, or give it a shot. Why can't some of these ex NFL players develop or get better? Why can't NFL teams still sign these players?

Gotta start somewhere. 

If it weren't for the Bills being in my veins I'd be done with the NFL for many years now.

Not to mention the insane cost to attend a game these days if you bring a crowd of people or family.

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Your most likely spot on but what if people have grown so tired of Roger's BS ways around Cheating and Officiating it does catch on? I'm willing to watch as give it a shot. 

If it weren't for the Bills being in my veins I'd be done with the NFL for many years now.

Not to mention the insane cost to attend a game these days if you bring a crowd of people or family.

I am not the person to ask because I’ll watch a bengals bears preseason game. I literally can’t get enough NFL and I’m in the minority that think the season is way to short. I think most people would be into it if they had skin in the game with a connection to their own team. I don’t know how successful it would be, but I know without an nfl connection...it will fail.

The AAF at least had a system that closely resembled a minor league, with each team having former players from certain NFL teams/regions. They had former NFL front office people.

If that didn't hold up for even one season, I don't see how the XFL is gonna last. I'm definitely gonna watch games, but there is not enough marketing and support to get the general population into this.

The NFL doesn’t want a minor league when they have the NCAA for free basically. That said I do believe there is a niche but whoever is running the league (Vince in this case) will have to endure a lot of losses the first few years until they build up a base and get a tv deal. How long and how much is he willing to lose the first few years is the question

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

Your most likely spot on but what if people have grown so tired of Roger's BS ways around Cheating and Officiating it does catch on? I'm willing to watch, or give it a shot. Why can't some of these ex NFL players develop or get better? Why can't NFL teams still sign these players?

Gotta start somewhere. 

I am with you on this- I watched as many of the AAF as I have watched non Bills games this year. The officiating is too easy to fix for the NFL to allow it to be so bad. I will give the new league a shot and see what it brings.

45 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The AAF at least had a system that closely resembled a minor league, with each team having former players from certain NFL teams/regions. They had former NFL front office people.

If that didn't hold up for even one season, I don't see how the XFL is gonna last. I'm definitely gonna watch games, but there is not enough marketing and support to get the general population into this.

The reason the AAF failed is no one with real money was backing it. Much of the league money was "pledged"  from investors but not ever given to league. It also was thrown together in less than a year while XFL has been set for almost 2. XFL will last at least one full season and if it is not a complete crap show it will be there 2 minimum.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The counterpoint everyone has made a thousand times is that the NFL has absolutely no need for a league full of former college and pro players who aren’t good enough to play in the NFL.  Their talent will always come from NCAA.

why would the league spend a dime “developing” college guys who couldn’t make a roster or league washouts who couldn’t stay on one.

it makes zero sense. Really

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But you have to put yourself in the NFL’s shoes. From their point of view, why? Sure some people might watch it. It will still be a battle to become profitable. The NFL is insanely profitable, why spend money trying to eek out a tiny fraction increase. In addition to that, they have all the minor league development they need in the NCAA. And the NCAA doesn’t require oversight or launching a league from scratch on the part of the NFL. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

There is zero hype surrounding this new league. 

Will it have the legs to make it thru a full year, while hemorrhaging money? 

looks like another recipe for failure. I wouldn’t invest any personal money until confident this is going to work.  

Absolutely. McMahon cashed out a lot of WWE stock to make this happen. There is no chance he pulls the plug without a full season. 

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The reason the AAF failed is no one with real money was backing it. Much of the league money was "pledged"  from investors but not ever given to league. It also was thrown together in less than a year while XFL has been set for almost 2. XFL will last at least one full season and if it is not a complete crap show it will be there 2 minimum.

McMahon is the reason I think this will last at least one season. 

After that point, they'll need to make some big deals in order to stay alive.

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

The counterpoint everyone has made a thousand times is that the NFL has absolutely no need for a league full of former college and pro players who aren’t good enough to play in the NFL.  Their talent will always come from NCAA.

why would the league spend a dime “developing” college guys who couldn’t make a roster or league washouts who couldn’t stay on one.

it makes zero sense. Really

I said, the nfl doesn’t need to do it. But if a league wants to make it, it needs the nfl. I think a place to stash and develop players is a good reason for the nfl. Also you can potentially get revenue and tv money in February and March. So there’s two reasons.

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I said, the nfl doesn’t need to do it. But if a league wants to make it, it needs the nfl. I think a place to stash and develop players is a good reason for the nfl. Also you can potentially get revenue and tv money in February and March. So there’s two reasons.

The NFL disagrees with you.

Also, it's not logical to believe the NFL would wan to sanction a league that is certain to fail.  Why would they put that stink on themselves? 

Logic also concludes that if the NFL smelled a penny to be made in an alternate league in this country, they would have started one long ago,

Edited by Mr. WEO

On 8/21/2019 at 2:50 PM, Codyny13 said:

Would be nice to see teams in cities that don’t have NFL franchises already, but I’m sure they did their due diligence.

St Louis did get one but I agree. San Antonio was available but Dallass and Houston got teams.

16 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Other recognizable Non Bills names:

•  Jake Schum (Tampa) (Punter for Packers and Bucs, Frontier High School, Buff State, and UB Alum)

He that is my high school and university.