XFL Unveils team logos/names

11 minutes ago, MR8 said:

Yes but William "Buffalo Bill" Cody had nothing to do with the City of Buffalo... so the name has nothing to do with the city, just a silly connection based on similar name. 

?

I'm just saying most teams names have nothing to do with the city.... Colts? Chargers? Titans? Redskins? Raiders? Rams? Lions?...

Just a silly thing to be rubbed about with these names.

Yea but at least there is a connection, no matter how silly, with the name and again...the logo. And I know lots of teams dont have a connection to the city and I think those names stink. Steelers, Dolphins, 49ers, Cowboys...good names. Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets (especially coupled with the Houston Astros) are good names.

I just think as a start up team you should TRY to connect to your new fanbase. Im not watching the XFL either way though so overall I dont really care.

38 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

I attended a couple Barcelona Dragons games back in the day.  I was in middle school then so I don't remember much.  They played at a stadium that had track and field stuff so you were pretty far away from the action.

I watched a little on the TV but not too much. I remember it being quite scrappy, sort of like the AAF and XFL and most other start up leagues. Though they did get a few players who had success in the NFL. Warner being the biggest, but also John Kitna,  Adam Vinatieri, Dante Hall, Brad Johnson, James Harrison and Jake Delhomme.

2 hours ago, jletha said:

Some of the logos are alright (Roughnecks, Renegades) but the names are awful. IMO teams should try to make connection to the city somehow. The Wildcats, Dragons, Vipers? Those are so stupidly generic awful names.

Generic, yes.

However, these names and logos are considerably better than those absurd names and logos from the first XFL.

Edited by Mark Vader

4 minutes ago, jletha said:

Yea but at least there is a connection, no matter how silly, with the name and again...the logo. And I know lots of teams dont have a connection to the city and I think those names stink. Steelers, Dolphins, 49ers, Cowboys...good names. Orlando Magic, Houston Rockets (especially coupled with the Houston Astros) are good names.

I just think as a start up team you should TRY to connect to your new fanbase. Im not watching the XFL either way though so overall I dont really care.

I thought the Orlando Apollos was a good name in the AAF

8 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

I was having a hard time placing the DC logo and why it made sense for the to be the Defenders and have the lightning.  Then I remembered the SAC logo.

image.png.67b47e2ceb7ded23dc388d146516904a.png

OP had like 8 feet of snow in November not that long ago.  Very autumnal.

My Dad was in SAC.

• 1 month later...

Sitting here watching the XFL Draft as Noise while I am working.

Weird Format with Phases. (Skill Positions, OL, Def Front 7, DBs, and an Open Phase) 

1.5 min per pick 10 picks per phase

Snake Draft with a lotto to allow teams to pick where they select in each phase.

Seems alot like a Fantasy Football Draft that is run at all the Bars before the NFL Season Starts.

https://www.xfl.com/articles/phase-2-offensive-line-draft-tracker

Heard some UB Bulls drafted during the OL Phase

Also A couple former Bills with Cyrus Kuandjo and De Beers.

Edited by MAJBobby

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sitting here watching the XFL Draft as Noise while I am working.

Weird Format with Phases. (Skill Positions, OL, Def Front 7, DBs, and an Open Phase) 

1.5 min per pick 10 picks per phase

Snake Draft with a lotto to allow teams to pick where they select in each phase.

Seems alot like a Fantasy Football Draft that is run at all the Bars before the NFL Season Starts.

https://www.xfl.com/articles/phase-2-offensive-line-draft-tracker

Heard some UB Bulls drafted during the OL Phase

Also A couple former Bills with Cyrus Kuandjo and De Beers.

Also saw  keith towbridge cyril richardson and cam phillips too

On 8/21/2019 at 10:00 AM, PromoTheRobot said:

This just in...The following XFL teams have just folded:

DC Defenders
Dallas Renegades
Houston Roughnecks
Los Angeles Wildcats
New York Guardians
St. Louis BattleHawks
Seattle Dragons
Tampa Bay Vipers

They looked so promising!