XFL Unveils team logos/names

7 minutes ago, jletha said:

Some of the logos are alright (Roughnecks, Renegades) but the names are awful. IMO teams should try to make connection to the city somehow. The Wildcats, Dragons, Vipers? Those are so stupidly generic awful names.

I agree. When you look at the names in the NFL, they're not jokey or overly aggressive sounding. Names like Renegades and Roughnecks sound like they're connected to WWE. It's like they're picked to be 'cool' but like you say, they just come off as lame. But yeah, some of the actual logos are pretty cool.

I remember the World League which became NFL Europe. They had some great names and logos when they started, New Jersey Knights, London Monarchs, Raleigh Durham Skyhawks, San Antonio Riders, Barcelona Dragons. There were some bad ones too, but on the whole I think they did a good job with that, and some of the uniforms were actually to the standard of the NFL IMO

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

The other league that recently failed  was like watching 4th qtr of preseason games. The talent level is just not there to get me to watch

QB play is/was the biggest issue.  They need to get some halfway competent QBs to play there.  Not Mike Bercovici.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

QB play is/was the biggest issue.  They need to get some halfway competent QBs to play there.  Not Mike Bercovici.

agree but if you're halfway competent, you're on an NFL roster

29 minutes ago, nucci said:

The other league that recently failed  was like watching 4th qtr of preseason games. The talent level is just not there to get me to watch

For the Alliance and, I suspect, the XFL, the viewership will end up being die hard football fans. The casual NFL fan that pretty much watches their team only, or some NFL games in a season, is simply not wasting their time watching other football leagues. The XFL probably thinks (hopes) they can pul some of these fans, but they likely cannot. I watch football nearly every night during the fall. I will watch any college game and any NFL game. Come spring, I will watch any XFL game that gets televised. I suspect I am the rare fan though. Who knows, the USFL would have succeeded if Trump hadn’t blown it up. Anything is possible. 

2 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

For the Alliance and, I suspect, the XFL, the viewership will end up being die hard football fans. The casual NFL fan that pretty much watches their team only, or some NFL games in a season, is simply not wasting their time watching other football leagues. The XFL probably thinks (hopes) they can pul some of these fans, but they likely cannot. I watch football nearly every night during the fall. I will watch any college game and any NFL game. Come spring, I will watch any XFL game that gets televised. I suspect I am the rare fan though. Who knows, the USFL would have succeeded if Trump hadn’t blown it up. Anything is possible. 

The USFL had talented , big names players...probably would have succeeded if they stayed in the Spring

1 hour ago, RobbRiddick said:

I just looked up the old WLAF uniforms to see if my memory was right. There are definitely some good ones I think. Some awful ones too, like the cloud, but looks like they went with a less is more approach (sorry, this was the best image I could find)

91WLAFhelmetsinfors.jpg.w300h412.jpg

I attended a couple Barcelona Dragons games back in the day.  I was in middle school then so I don't remember much.  They played at a stadium that had track and field stuff so you were pretty far away from the action.

1 hour ago, MR8 said:

Yes because the "Bills" make a solid connection to Buffalo..... ?

Well honestly I always thought the Bills was a lame name. But Im sure that youve heard of Buffalo Bill Cody, where the name came from. Also the logo is a Buffalo, which is pretty well connected to the city, since its name is Buffalo.

4 minutes ago, jletha said:

Well honestly I always thought the Bills was a lame name. But Im sure that youve heard of Buffalo Bill Cody, where the name came from. Also the logo is a Buffalo, which is pretty well connected to the city, since its name is Buffalo.

Yes but William "Buffalo Bill" Cody had nothing to do with the City of Buffalo... so the name has nothing to do with the city, just a silly connection based on similar name. 

?

I'm just saying most teams names have nothing to do with the city.... Colts? Chargers? Titans? Redskins? Raiders? Rams? Lions?...

Just a silly thing to be rubbed about with these names.