Bills Practice - 8/21

1 hour ago, Philo Beddoe said:

How about he just goes eat some hay? He can make things out of clay and lay by the bay.

What do you say?

What do I say? I hope Zay can stay another day if he chooses to play the right way and be versatile like Ray-Ray. Like in a top/bottom gay way? Nay! In a Steve Tasker "slay" way so to keep The Turk at bay and earn his pay beyond next May. Only then with that pay, can Zay go cray-cray with a "bae" who resembles a young Faye Dunaway first with some foreplay and then later sway with a full glass of chardonnay and spray his....okay, so my post has gone astray and there are board rules I should obey, so - yes - Zay can eat some hay or make things out of clay or lay by the bay or, hell, even watch HBO's Game of Thrones Rams-ay flay another enem-ay. Is the Lions game today? Oh, it's this Friday! Yay!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Buffalo Bills think unselfishness of Zay Jones could have impact in win column

One player received celebratory claps and shouts after running downfield on a punt from Corey Bojorquez to tap it near the goal line to prevent it from going into the end zone.

That player was Bills wide receiver Zay Jones, who’s playing special teams for the first time of his NFL career.

With the additions of veteran receivers John Brown and slot man Cole Beasley, Jones suddenly became a bit more available to contribute in other areas of the game.

When Bills coach Sean McDermott asked him to try out some special teams work, Jones didn’t hesitate.

“I knew that I could do it and I knew I was capable of doing it. I think that’s a key of winning games - to be unselfish,” Jones said. “You gotta try to put your team first - whatever it takes to win (at) whatever position it is.

It may be a little bit uncomfortable for you at first but you go do it with a good attitude and then you get good results off of it.”

He might be a good corner.  He doesn't allow separation one on one and he's likely to bat down a lot of balls. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Estelle Getty said:

Zay has had some horrible drops. More than a WR should. End of story. I don’t hate him and hope he gets better but at this point he is who he is.... A slightly better version of Josh Reed. 

Zay Jones reminds me of Cheerios...without the honey.

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

?

What a ridiculous write up. The guys been lousy at reciever so now let's praise him for being unselfish and playing ST? 

Hes available at "other areas" because he's sucked at the position he was drafted to play. 

He may not be good, but he's a fine young man. Reminds me of Peterman.

5 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

maybe he meant his best days are ahead of him...on another team?

I could be wrong but that wasn't how I read in to it and believe zay stays?

wont be long now, cuts are coming.

I believe Zay Jones' role is going to be as a jack of all trades as it pertains to receiving.  Some receivers  are going to be outside receivers (John Brown, Duke Williams - if he makes the team).  Some are going to be slot receivers (Beasley, Ray Ray, McKenzie etc. but Zay Jones is the only nreceiver who's been charged with the responsibility of learning the full route tree of both outside and slot positions.  That suggests he's not going to start but will sub in a lot, and he can do it anywhere.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

A Jesus freak who can't play NFL ball? 

Right up McDermotts alley.

So, certain kinds of religious bigotry and cynicism is frowned upon, but this kind is the sort that is applauded and declared to be a rational assertion, often by the same crowd that is offended if it goes against a protected class.

7 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

I believe Zay Jones' role is going to be as a jack of all trades as it pertains to receiving.  Some receivers  are going to be outside receivers (John Brown, Duke Williams - if he makes the team).  Some are going to be slot receivers (Beasley, Ray Ray, McKenzie etc. but Zay Jones is the only nreceiver who's been charged with the responsibility of learning the full route tree of both outside and slot positions.  That suggests he's not going to start but will sub in a lot, and he can do it anywhere.

The inconsistency and inopportune stone hands is still an issue, but I think he does enough for the jack-of-all trades role you are suggesting. He really needs to improve the drops though.

12 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

The more versatility he offers . the better for the team and himself.

Go Bills

9 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

So, certain kinds of religious bigotry and cynicism is frowned upon, but this kind is the sort that is applauded and declared to be a rational assertion, often by the same crowd that is offended if it goes against a protected class.

it was a reach for an insult.

or humor.

why so serious Doc ?

12 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The inconsistency and inopportune stone hands is still an issue, but I think he does enough for the jack-of-all trades role you are suggesting. He really needs to improve the drops though.

He did. It’s a narrative thing. Statistically his drop percentage was perfectly average. Lower than Browns in fact.

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

He did. It’s a narrative thing. Statistically his drop percentage was perfectly average. Lower than Browns in fact.

Wasn't aware of that. I suppose it is timing and context. The dropped TD sticks in the mind. Anyway, I am rooting for him and don't think he's a bust as some here apparently do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

Had the same thoughts as I read his post. Double standards abound.

Anyway, Zay better become great at special teams or his NFL career won't see past his 20's