Bills Practice - 8/21

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

On my phone I couldn’t figure out what I was watching and I was scratching my head to remember who our new WR’s are, then I realized they were a little girthier than your typical wideouts.

We like our WRs like we like our cheerleaders. Soft hands and 300lbs.  

I'm really nervous about Morse.

When asking JW about it last week, his answered seemed more about his overall health and wasn't a fan of putting a timetable on his return, whether it be week 1 or being available at all this season.

McD basically said the same thing today.  There is no time table when a reporter tried to narrow him down.  Day by Day.

Based on the fact that he got his concussion on the first day of pads, right now I would label it less than 50/50 that Morse will be available for us this season.  It wouldn't surprise me if he is one more concussion away from potentially calling it a career.

Of course, his health is what's most important and football is a far second.   But as a fan, the response from McD during the process isn't that encouraging.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As a shorter defensive tackle, it’s not surprising that he Has put his hands in that position. The technique is to keep hands high on the chest but as you do so coming from a lower position, your hands can often slip up off the jersey and hit the face. That being said, he definitely has to improve upon that.

They only call it if you keep your hands in the face. He has to release.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

I'm really nervous about Morse.

When asking JW about it last week, his answered seemed more about his overall health and wasn't a fan of putting a timetable on his return, whether it be week 1 or being available at all this season.

McD basically said the same thing today.  There is no time table when a reporter tried to narrow him down.  Day by Day.

Based on the fact that he got his concussion on the first day of pads, right now I would label it less than 50/50 that Morse will be available for us this season.  It wouldn't surprise me if he is one more concussion away from potentially calling it a career.

Of course, his health is what's most important and football is a far second.   But as a fan, the response from McD during the process isn't that encouraging.

The concussion protocols require coaches not to comment on timetables.  That is why his answers feel so troubling. Truth is he just not allowed to comment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Uhm, What's Zay Jones' new role?  WR4?

A reporter asked if Zay has accepted/embraced his reduced role, and McD basically said yes...did NOT dispute a reduced role, which is what I found interesting and spoke to the fact that Zay has accepted it too.  In fact, McD had a couple chances to kind put stronger support behind Zay and elected to be pretty mellow about it and spoke in ways to confirm a reduced role while also pointing out they are still also working to confirm roles.  

He definitely still said a couple positive things about him, but felt it also wasn't the strongest endorsement either and McD missed some spots to show a bigger commitment to him.

Could be nothing, but just found it interesting that he didn't dispute a reduced role and seemed reserved and careful in some of his answers.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

jzqvzf04tit33sxsqmxg

Heath Farwell: "There's a bunch of roles that need to be filled on this team"

Bills Special Teams Coordinator Heath Farwell meets with the media Tuesday at One Bills Drive. Topics Include: Ray-Ray McCloud finding a role on special teams, what the staff is looking for in guys making the roster on special teams, and the development of the two punters on the roster.

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

A reporter asked if Zay has accepted/embraced his reduced role, and McD basically said yes...did NOT dispute a reduced role, which is what I found interesting and spoke to the fact that Zay has accepted it too.  In fact, McD had a couple chances to kind put stronger support behind Zay and elected to be pretty mellow about it and spoke in ways to confirm a reduced role while also pointing out they are still also working to confirm roles.  

He definitely still said a couple positive things about him, but felt it also wasn't the strongest endorsement either and McD missed some spots to show a bigger commitment to him.

Could be nothing, but just found it interesting that he didn't dispute a reduced role and seemed reserved and careful in some of his answers.  

maybe he meant his best days are ahead of him...on another team?

I could be wrong but that wasn't how I read in to it and believe zay stays?

wont be long now, cuts are coming.

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Center eligible isn't possible.  Morse would have to line up at end.

You can run a Center Eligible out of the Swinging Gate formation. Snapper either reports as eligible or has an eligible number and make sure he's uncovered with enough other guys on the line to one side.

7 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Yup, hes WR2. People on here sure love to hate on Zay.

No one hates Zay - they hate the way the ball bounces off his hands; the inconsistencies where he comes up big in some games and is a drive-killer in others.

There is a difference. 

• Like (+1) 1