Scuttlebutt on McCoy

10 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger- but a guy I work with (solid dude) that has a friend deep within- says possibility McCoy for a third- Eagles front runner. Honestly its logical but who knows. Guess we all wait and see. 

This is almost as good as the guy who said the Bills were trading for Malcolm Jenkins and his wife gave him a physical.

The eagles have a loaded backfield and no need for a washed up Shady. A 3rd rounder. No chance. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger- but a guy I work with (solid dude) that has a friend deep within- says possibility McCoy for a third- Eagles front runner. Honestly its logical but who knows. Guess we all wait and see. 

It sounds like your source is likely true. Seems plausible. My pizza guy though says he knows a friend that mingles with McD, and McCoy is staying.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

Don’t shoot the messenger

Thanks Dunkirk Don. 

15 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

The Eagles drafted Miles Sanders who is killing it in TC and well in Preseason.  And Jordan Howard was traded for from Chicago... why would they give up an additional 3rd for a 31 year old RB who'll cost them $5.45M against the cap this year? 

Edited by MR8

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

A third of what?

Loaf of stale bread. If the poster speculated that there was a fifth or sixth round offer by the Eagles for McCoy then I would take notice. The bigger issue than what McCoy has left in the tank is who would be willing to take on his salary?

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MR8 said:

The Eagles drafted Miles Sanders who is killing it in TC and well in Preseason.  And Jordan Howard was traded for from Chicago... why would they give up an additional 3rd for a 31 year old RB who'll cost them $5.45M against the cap this year? 

Someone just wants attention or just trying to stir people up..

• Like (+1) 1

- I don’t think think anyone would pay a third for Shady.

- I don’t think the eagles need Shady. 

- I wouldn’t be shocked if Shady gets dealt.

- I think the Chiefs make the most sense for a shady trade. 

- Texans are a close second.

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

I agree, I dont think the Eagles are giving up a 3rd for McCoy with Sanders and Howard already there.  However, I've never thought the Bills were going to keep both McCoy and Gore going into the season.  I think its been a competition from the outset between those two guys, and one of them isn't making the opening day roster.