Mario Williams arrested!

babulator

historically, an engagement ring was given by the groom to the bride as a promise.  if the engagement were to be broken off, she could keep the ring as she would have a much harder time getting married so at the least for her loss of honor she would keep the ring which she could sell to support herself as she had no husband to do so for her.

we are in an odd (unsustainable?) time where culturally some of the old rules don't apply and some of them still do.  it makes me unsure if she should have to give back the ring or not.  makes the custom of handing out an engagement ring seem anachronistic as we have gotten rid of dowries.  diamonds are such a huge scam anyhow.  it's just disgusting.

7 hours ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Wow.... what a nut job

So after all the stuff about mental health, we’re still at calling someone a nut job?  Also, do we have any other side to the story?

but man, I’d love to hand Incognito back on our oline. 

20 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Item 2 isn’t really true.  There were lots of grumblings that the special perks he carved out for himself in his contract poisoned the locker room.  I recall something about him being the only player allowed to play music at his locker and it rubbed a lot of players the wrong way.  And then when he started mailing it in but was taking home the biggest paycheck, players started carping anonymously to the media and everything began to fray.  Ritchie, when he was here, was by all accounts a team guy.

There were reports the team had people following RI his last year here because they were afraid he was losing it.  

20 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

do you really believe players flock this board and read these threads. I'm not going to say they don't but the chances are pretty slim I would think. I also believe they couldn't give two ***** what fans on a message board say. if they did, they're pretty weak. 

Yet, the second they response, they are the bad ones.  But honestly, you could just treated him as a regular person.  When I see people who look like they are having mental issues on the street, my first thought isn’t to mock them and laugh at them.

But again, that’s why players should get every penny they can and never worry about loyalty.  Because why some fans truly care, most fans don’t give a crap what happens to these guys the second they leave the team.  They are pieces of meat.   

21 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

His performance against Washington in 2016 was the most inexcusable performance by a Bills player I have ever seen, especially given how much money he was making. He’s a dope and narcissist. No excuses for that guy.

I honestly don’t remember that game but I’ll take your word for it.  He was at times the most dominant defensive player we have had since Bruce.  And even if he wasn’t, mocking a human being (who has never been in any legal trouble or said anything bad about Buffalo) at their worse time seems pretty pathetic.

luckily, all the posters laughing at Mario have super perfect lives.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/21/2019 at 10:37 AM, BuffaloMatt said:

They also found night vision goggles, a moth incubator and a suit made of human skin. . . . Better call Clarice Starling.

That's why he signed here he wanted to be a Buffalo Bill!..oh he wanted to BE Buffalo Bill.

Edited by Bills fan in 561
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was REALLY uncomfortable to watch. Get help, Mario.

Yea- that seemed like a legit wellness issue. He broke into her house and called the police on himself essentially. While ranting erratically. It makes a lot of sense why the judge ordered a check up. 

59 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Here is the embedded video too:

Never cared for Mario.  If you're going to give someone one of the biggest football contracts at the time, I expected he would've been a generational talent during his tenure.  Imo he had some solid years with Marrone, that was all.

That being said I do find that creepy TMZ feasts on people's lowest moments like that.  

14 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Never cared for Mario.  If you're going to give someone one of the biggest football contracts at the time, I expected he would've been a generational talent during his tenure.  Imo he had some solid years with Marrone, that was all.

That being said I do find that creepy TMZ feasts on people's lowest moments like that.  

I worry that based on her commentary and past incidents these may be common moments.

this coming from a guy that thought he was a quiet hard worker when we were targeting him. I’ll own that we know little about these guys home lives and I missed projecting his demeanor.

12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

That was REALLY uncomfortable to watch. Get help, Mario.

There is no way a guy could be a #1 pick in the entire draft with all of the vetting and workups that get done and get signed for $100 million if he had mental issues like this. I do know that some people can be highly functioning and not encounter issues until they age, but you see this and other issues all too often with football players...

He entirely needs help and I hope he gets it...

4 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yet, the second they response, they are the bad ones.  But honestly, you could just treated him as a regular person.  When I see people who look like they are having mental issues on the street, my first thought isn’t to mock them and laugh at them.

But again, that’s why players should get every penny they can and never worry about loyalty.  Because why some fans truly care, most fans don’t give a crap what happens to these guys the second they leave the team.  They are pieces of meat.   

I honestly don’t remember that game but I’ll take your word for it.  He was at times the most dominant defensive player we have had since Bruce.  And even if he wasn’t, mocking a human being (who has never been in any legal trouble or said anything bad about Buffalo) at their worse time seems pretty pathetic.

luckily, all the posters laughing at Mario have super perfect lives.  

I shouldn't have to "like" this post and feel ashamed for the human race that this even has to be said....

Edited by Reed83HOF
  • Like (+1) 2