Name 5 teams better then the Buffalo Bills

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Realistically, this squad is a top 15 on the field and a top 25 on paper. As much as we love the team,  there are very few, if any, nfl analysts that would not consider the Bills as over-achieving if they reached further than a wild card game in the playoffs. The McBean regime has assembled a good group, but one without any prime-of-their-career game changers that have historically dominated the league at the top level. 

That "game changer" could eventually be Oliver, or Edmunds, or if we are really lucky, Allen.  Although I agree that as of right now, we don't really have an elite talent at a game changing position.  

White may be elite, but CB isn't really a game changing position unless you are Deion Sanders.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

^^^This. Don’t forget the Jets just came through an offseason of rank dysfunction, firing their GM right after they gave him the keys to the kingdom in running the draft and finishing up FA! Who does that and expects to be world beaters the same year? Their line is expected to be terrible, and their coach who apparently won a power struggle, never wanted the biggest FA splash that they got, in Bell. Why shouldn’t the Jets be on a “prove it” basis even more so than the Bills? They are the ones with a 1st yr HC who was just fired within the same division (how do those types of hires usually go, *cough* sexy Rexy) 1st yr GM and questions along their roster to boot. C’mon man! We should be considered favorites to sweep them imho, and be in a class of better teams above them. 

Their line is not good. They have no secondary to speak of. They have a second year QB, who, outside of a stellar opening day performance, was worse than Josh Allen. And, its the first year in a new system. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Their line is not good. They have no secondary to speak of. They have a second year QB, who, outside of a stellar opening day performance, was worse than Josh Allen. And, its the first year in a new system. 

so 50-0 win for the Bills at the Jets?

why bother even putting their helmets on?

second or third year watching the NFL and not quite grasping those road game hitches and hiccups that never go away?

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

so 50-0 win for the Bills at the Jets?

why bother even putting their helmets on?

second or third year watching the NFL and not quite grasping those road game hitches and hiccups that never go away?

I will never understand this response. I honestly cannot understand why the act of analyzing another team is worthy of criticism.  It is literally what gamblers do when setting their bets. 

Of course they need to play the games, but at the outset, it looks like the Jets are really bad. It is a game the Bills should be favored in. I cannot understand why they aren't, and it is definitely a game I will be betting.  

I definitely think we will be a team that the top teams don’t want to play. 

I think our defense is going to be very good and the offense should be much improved. 

If Allen takes that next step in development I think this team should be able to hang with anyone. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Billzfan23 said:

How can you not have the Bears on this list.  They were 12-4 and will probably win the same number (if not more) games this year.

Because I believe they will take a step back. They won't be 5-1 in their division this year, they don't play the NFC West, and their schedule as a whole this year is a lot tougher compared to last. I think they end up 9-7. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

I will never understand this response. I honestly cannot understand why the act of analyzing another team is worthy of criticism.  It is literally what gamblers do when setting their bets. 

Of course they need to play the games, but at the outset, it looks like the Jets are really bad. It is a game the Bills should be favored in. I cannot understand why they aren't, and it is definitely a game I will be betting.  

Why do you think the Jets are really bad? What makes them any worse than our guys at this point?

The have a QB that most (outside of Buffalo) looks better than ours right now, they signed CJ Mosely (who is an absolute beast) and they have Leveon Bell?

They have every reason to think their D should be int he same tier as ours

Their WR group is probably close to equal or a little under

Their O-line has a little more proven talent, but call it a wash

Their QB probably is probably a small step ahead of ours

Their RB situation is way better than ours

I think the betting line of having this game be an even spread (including home field) is exactly where it should be right now. 

4 hours ago, HOUSE said:
I was looking at teams around the NFL, can you name 5 NFL teams  CLEARLY better then the Buffalo Bills. If the Buffalo Bills played the below teams twice ( home & away) the Bills would lose both. Maybe I am a BIG HOMER but I can't come up with 5.

How this post was created:

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, whorlnut said:

Patriots, Rams, Chiefs, Steelers, Cowboys, Texans, Chargers, Saints, Eagles. 

We we are getting closer, but we’re not quite there boys. 

Good list but I disagree about the middle 3 also.

The Texans, are pumped up every year and disappoint.

The Cowboys season depends too much on what Zeke does, and Prescott is far from certain, he could be one of the best, could be one of the worst...we don't know.

The Steelers have a year older Big Ben and lost AB and their starting TE. Is Conner really that good? The OL made him and it's still there so maybe.

Even the Chargers are just an IF depending on holdouts and injuries.

• Like (+1) 1

Would likely beat us twice: 

KC.  The offense can put up points, and the D is much improved.  

NO.  Same as KC.  In fact, NO may be the best team in the NFL right now.  

Close, but not in list: 

Indy:    Very close to top list.  Great balanced team, but not sure their offense is good enough to put enough points up on our D.  See this as a low-scoring game and we would likely split.  

Pats: don't think they win twice.  Will find out this year.  TB is older, and Oliver is there for the pressure. I think we can score on their D.  

Steelers:  Good offense, but I like our D, and their D is not elite anymore.  

Browns: paper team right now.  

49 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why do you think the Jets are really bad? What makes them any worse than our guys at this point?

The have a QB that most (outside of Buffalo) looks better than ours right now, they signed CJ Mosely (who is an absolute beast) and they have Leveon Bell?

They have every reason to think their D should be int he same tier as ours

Their WR group is probably close to equal or a little under

Their O-line has a little more proven talent, but call it a wash

Their QB probably is probably a small step ahead of ours

Their RB situation is way better than ours

I think the betting line of having this game be an even spread (including home field) is exactly where it should be right now. 

They have a notoriously bad secondary (outside of adams, who is just OK) and just lost a starting LB. Mosley is a two down linebacker. This is true in the context of the NFLs passing league. I cannot imagine a scenario where their defense is in the same tier as ours, the second DVOA defense in the league. 

Their O-Line is a mess. They brought in a retired Center to start for them. By any measure, they were as bad if not worse than the Bills last year.  This year, we have brought a number of vets, including one of the top Centers in the league. 

QB and WR are a wash. 

Bell is an amazing back, but hasn't played in a full year, is on the verge of being out of his prime, and playing behind a substantially worse OL than he had at PItt.  I don't care how good Bell is, with that line, he will not be the same player. 

I cant wait to bet the Bills +3. Edit: I guess it is 1.5 now.  

Edited by JoshAllenHasBigHands
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

They have a notoriously bad secondary (outside of adams, who is just OK) and just lost a starting LB. Mosley is a two down linebacker. This is true in the context of the NFLs passing league. I cannot imagine a scenario where their defense is in the same tier as ours, the second DVOA defense in the league. 

Their O-Line is a mess. They brought in a retired Center to start for them. By any measure, they were as bad if not worse than the Bills last year.  This year, we have brought a number of vets, including one of the top Centers in the league. 

QB and WR are a wash. 

Bell is an amazing back, but hasn't played in a full year, is on the verge of being out of his prime, and playing behind a substantially worse OL than he had at PItt.  I don't care how good Bell is, with that line, he will not be the same player. 

I cant wait to bet the Bills -3. 

I don't disagree with any of that. I think I'm just a little more bullish on them and a bit more conservative on us.