Schopp STFU

theRalph

I mean, to think one of the most successful radio talk show hosts in buffalo, might be skeptical of the bills having success in the coming season. How dare he! Believe me, he shows confidence and positivity when the team legitimately earns it. And thats why people tune in, to find out if today is that day. It works, its an act, don't be triggered by it!

7 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

I mean, to think one of the most successful radio talk show hosts in buffalo, might be skeptical of the bills having success in the coming season. How dare he! Believe me, he shows confidence and positivity when the team legitimately earns it. And thats why people tune in, to find out if today is that day. It works, its an act, don't be triggered by it!

Nah.  It's not that.  Schopp has admitted he loves baseball and hockey more than football and in fact is more lenient on the Sabres who have been just as if not more dismal than the Bills in recent years.  I think everything with Schopp's hate for the Bills has a personal angle.  The benching and ultimate trade of Tyrod, Josh Allen's high school tweets, etc.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I am consistently amused by those who work themselves into a rage over (insert personality/network here) ... you're just hangry - have a Snickers

I'm not sure there was any rage...

I am out-of-state, so I normally listen to replays. Really like all the others...Howard, Jeremy, Bulldog, Sal, Paul, Nate... Schopp's schtick is deliberate, we're talking about the prick, right? 

15 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

And yet you know all his guests and all his opinions and takes, but you listen to something else..okie dokie! Jesus you people are funny. 

Lol. And he's right on the money with a few of his points. 

I Hate Shopp.  But he has some points I have to admit.

Last year when they were starting Peterman and then when he fell flat they put in Peterman (too soon imo).  When he got hurt it was Andersen.

Shopp was calling for Allen to start from the beginning to get him all the 1st team reps possible.  

Based on the outcome... it wouldn't hurt if the bills had done that from the start.

I was a big supporter of Peterman based on the preseason performances.  Who would have known he would have blown up so badly.

On 8/20/2019 at 7:46 PM, C.Biscuit97 said:

So people  want someone fired because they simply don’t agree with their opinion?  I’d argue that not being able to listen to other people’s opinions is a huge issue in this country. 

Who said anything about firing him?? He's great, the insufferable prick that he is.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You were one of the first people to bring up race in this thread.  Now you’re planning the victim. And of course you think racism is meaningless!

This thread sucks and should be moved to loserville. 

Victim? Victim of what? 

Go go cry yourself a river somewhere else. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Btw anyone else think Schopp looks like a Wal-Mart Francesa? 

I tuned in for a few minutes when they had Terez Paylor on because he was visiting buffalo to do an article on the bills for Yahoo.  Terez mentioned how he liked Allen and thought he was a good player, along with stating he thinks the Bills will finish second in the division because there isn’t any drama like there is in Jersey and the dolphins will flat out stink. This all came after Schopp kept mentioning how he liked Lamar so much, and after Terez made this statement Schopp changed the subject. 

I listened to that, and I think Terez was just trying to be nice to Bills fans, because he knows Mahomes is a generational talent and the Bills made the mistake of passing on him in favor of Allen, who is not a generational talent. Bills f'ed up and Terez didn't want to put salt in the wound is the way I took his interview.

Edited by Element115

20 hours ago, Plano said:

It's not "racist again", he's always been a racist. Shown that through his character his entire life.

NEXT. You will lose. Your brain capacity is pathetic if you still blindly follow this twit, so you are doomed if you dare to go toe to toe with me.

Sit down and shut up

YAWN.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Element115 said:

I listened to that, and I think Terez was just trying to be nice to Bills fans, because he knows Mahomes is a generational talent and the Bills made the mistake of passing on him in favor of Allen, who is not a generational talent. Bills f'ed up and Terez didn't want to put salt in the wound is the way I took his interview.

this is an amazingly bizarre take.  can't someone just be complimenting the bills?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Element115 said:

Dude.. what are you on about???

4 hours ago, Element115 said:

I think my head will explode if I hear this any more.  FACTS don't seem to matter around this subject:

*  The Bills did not pick Allen over Mahomes unless you believe that in April of 2017 the Bills front office had already determined that Allen would be a better NFL QB then Mahomes AND that Allen would be available to them in the 2018 draft.  BTW, had Allen even declared for the 2018 NFL draft in April 2017?

*  On this topic it helps to look at who else needing a QB passed on Mahomes:

1) The Chicago Bears took Trubisky with the #2 pick so they must have thought he was better then Mahomes.  And for the record I think Allen will at least match Trubisky as an NFL QB.

2)  The SF 49's passed on Mahomes with the 3rd pick.  That season they started out 0 - 9 and were so desperate for a QB that they traded with NE to get Jimmy Garoppolo who they immediately inserted in as QB.  Why did they pass on a generational talent especially one that was so obviously generational?

3)  The NY Jets picked ahead of KC and they didn't take Mahomes.  Yet the very next year they used a 3rd round pick to take Sam Darnold.  Is he going to be a better QB then Mahomes?

Kudos to Andy Reid and the KC Chiefs for seeing how good Mahomes was going to be.  Hopefully, folks will be saying that about the Bills & Allen.

29 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

*  The Bills did not pick Allen over Mahomes unless you believe that in April of 2017 the Bills front office had already determined that Allen would be a better NFL QB then Mahomes AND that Allen would be available to them in the 2018 draft.  BTW, had Allen even declared for the 2018 NFL draft in April 2017?

It is a mistake to think McDermott, and his soon to be new GM Beane did not discuss Allen during the 2017 draft, they knew he'd be coming out. Maybe not to the point of them deciding it was Allen over Mahomes, but if they did not have a file on Allen and were already targeting him, even to a small degree, then that would be quite worrisome. I'm also confident McDermott wanted to fix the defense before addressing the offense and simply did not give a thought to drafting Mahomes, which could turn out to be a huge blunder for the Bills and McDermott's career.

And it doesn't really matter if it is not exactly Allen being picked instead of Mahomes, the history is already written and that is how everyone sees it except a % of Bills fans...

Terez basically said, Mahomes is generational, Allen has pro bowl potential (this is a back handed slap in the face to SB potential), and was throwing Bills fans a conciliatory bone by saying he thinks Allen can be good.

So much is riding on Allen's performance this year.

Edited by Element115

26 minutes ago, Element115 said:

It is a mistake to think McDermott, and his soon to be new GM Beane did not discuss Allen during the 2017 draft, they knew he'd be coming out. Maybe not to the point of them deciding it was Allen over Mahomes, but if they did not have a file on Allen and were already targeting him, even to a small degree, then that would be quite worrisome. I'm also confident McDermott wanted to fix the defense before addressing the offense and simply did not give a thought to drafting Mahomes, which could turn out to be a huge blunder for the Bills and McDermott's career.

And it doesn't really matter if it is not exactly Allen being picked instead of Mahomes, the history is already written and that is how everyone sees it except a % of Bills fans...

Terez basically said, Mahomes is generational, Allen has pro bowl potential (this is a back handed slap in the face to SB potential), and was throwing Bills fans a conciliatory bone by saying he thinks Allen can be good.

So much is riding on Allen's performance this year.

so...how long before you go crazy again and need another name change?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Captain Murica said:

Btw anyone else think Schopp looks like a Wal-Mart Francesa? 

I tuned in for a few minutes when they had Terez Paylor on because he was visiting buffalo to do an article on the bills for Yahoo.  Terez mentioned how he liked Allen and thought he was a good player, along with stating he thinks the Bills will finish second in the division because there isn’t any drama like there is in Jersey and the dolphins will flat out stink. This all came after Schopp kept mentioning how he liked Lamar so much, and after Terez made this statement Schopp changed the subject. 

I listened to the Perez segment this morning...i really don't understand where your take is coming from?

I thought it interesting after Perez says he likes Allen, Schoop does not disagree with him at all, then Perez says hey..make no bones about it, Bills screwed up not taking Mahomes..he is a generational talent, and Allen MAYBE can make a probowl. 

Schoop deos not pile on and go into why he does not believe in Allen, but goes on to say he agreed then with the trade, and would do it again as his philosophy on the draft is the more picks ya have, the better the chances..in other words he thinks a lot of the draft is a crapshoot.

That is an honest guy who is standing by his take and owning it, even though in this case it appears to be entirely wrong...what is possibly wrong with that?

And, i was in the camp of taking Lamar too and keeping the picks...pretty sure that was a wrong take too but this season should be the one where we really get a better idea on that

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That comment was 100% aimed at you and no one else.  Its personal.

It actually would be nice to get data on % of how many local Bills fans listen to the show.  I assume the vast majority of them would be driving.