Schopp STFU

theRalph

9 hours ago, eanyills said:

I like Schopp. He can be a condescending prick at times but I find him alright. The worst part of their show is the callers. They take the absolute worst bottom of the barrel takes to react to.

The real problem with WGR is whoever is the program director. We’re a small city with two professional teams. They’re doing a terrible job of keeping shows fresh. And I should never hear a food draft. Talk about UB, other things happening in the NFL/NHL, hell, talk about MLB/NBA/MLS or get somebody like Matthew Berry to talk fantasy before you spend an hour drafting foods or states or talking about your fantasy drafts. It’s just the same takes about the same topics with the same calls every single day. Whoever sits down with these guys when they map out their planning is doing a piss poor job.

I know the reason why.  It’s because people in WNY primarily only care about the Bills.  The Sabres are a distant, distant, distant second.  Also WGR pays to broadcast their games on radio so they are motivated to try to promote both teams.

They could talk about UB but no one would care.  The interest on a large scale just isn’t there.  They also could talk national sports, which they do a little, but their niche is local radio.  There are a million other outlets you can listen to for that.  

I think that overall the station is pretty good.  I can’t stand Schopp but he gets ratings so who am I to argue

I dont really mind schopp.  I do think he brings a voice of logic that i appreciate.

It does feel like he and even moreso bulldog have mailed it in a bit on their jobs and profession.  I'd say howard simon as well.  I like them as people and everything.

Bulldog in particular, i have no idea what he brings to the table at this point.  

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Putin said:

It’s plain and simple he wanted wanted the other Josh  , and I’m sure there’s nothing more that he would like then to be right , 

does anyone remembers him having a guest on his show that had positive things to say about Allen ? I don’t ,  and BTW his lapdog is the same piece of trash as he is , 

and what bugs me is not just what he says it’s the way he says , 

I would rather listen to CNN/fake then those fools !!!!

Hope Allen has 70% completion this year !!!

And yet you know all his guests and all his opinions and takes, but you listen to something else..okie dokie! Jesus you people are funny. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

And yet you know all his guests and all his opinions and takes, but you listen to something else..okie dokie! Jesus you people are funny. 

Funny how ? Like a clown funny ? Like I’m here to amuse you ? How tha f@)$ am I funny ? 

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAGA-Man said:

Outrage culture.  Everyone want's their wining to be heard! "Look at me, look at how angry I can get, I want satisfaction!"

Sounds just like someone we all know. The big orange racist moron in the white house.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Plano said:

Sounds just like someone we all know. The big orange racist moron in the white house.

How cute. Racist being thrown out there again. People like you have rendered that term meaningless.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How cute. Racist being thrown out there again. People like you have rendered that term meaningless.

Are you blind or just plain stupid?

If you don't think the things that he has done/said are racist you must be.

Pocahontas? Nah, normal to call someone of Native American origin that.

How about this? "I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that's guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

"Shithole countries"

Do I need to go on?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_views_of_Donald_Trump

for your reading pleasure. I'm sure you'll squeal "fake news". But as a Jewish individual that he just spoke out against yesterday, he just all but sealed his fate with that comment. He must know who runs the country, right? His BANKRUPTCY lawyers, accountants, media, etc.

He's a moron who absolutely has zero business being in office, and if you can't see that...well, you're blind to the facts.

Edited by Plano
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Plano said:

How about this? "I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I tell you something else. I think that's guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

"Shithole countries"

Do I need to go on?

for your reading pleasure. I'm sure you'll squeal "fake news". But as a Jewish individual that he just spoke out against yesterday, he just all but sealed his fate with that comment. He must know who runs the country, right? His BANKRUPTCY lawyers, accountants, media, etc.

He's a moron who absolutely has zero business being in office, and if you can't see that...well, you're blind to the facts.

Let me guess you gave up on the Russian collusion so it’s back to the he’s a racist AGAIN ha ? 

You need to calm down and get your self ready for 4 MORE YEARS of Trump , 

USA ?? USA ?? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Putin said:

Let me guess you gave up on the Russian collusion so it’s back to the he’s a racist AGAIN ha ? 

You need to calm down and get your self ready for 4 MORE YEARS of Trump , 

USA ?? USA ?? 

It's not "racist again", he's always been a racist. Shown that through his character his entire life.

NEXT. You will lose. Your brain capacity is pathetic if you still blindly follow this twit, so you are doomed if you dare to go toe to toe with me.

Sit down and shut up

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Turn off WGR. There are a ton of good Bills podcasts out there. Locked on Bills and Buffalo Rumblings and Cover 1 all have made my commute much more enjoyable than the WGR whine show.

But I think One Bills Drive with Murphy and Tasker is a good show, with good analysis, objectivity, and good guests.  They struggle a little to fill 3 hours every day, which makes sense to me, especially in preseason, but it is a good show, podcasts.

I just started to listen to Bills' podcasts more regularly and found most of them were awful outside of the professional radio. 

Even worse about Schopp is how unprepared he seems to be, how little legwork he clearly does to get ready for his show. Tons of filler and useless information there to go with his lack of objectivity.

Edited by Mister Defense
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mister Defense said:

But I think One Bills Drive with Murphy and Tasker is a good show, with good analysis, objectivity, and good guests.  They struggle a little to fill 3 hours every day, which makes sense to me, especially in preseason, but it is a good show, podcasts.

I just started to listen to Bills' podcasts more regularly and found most of them were awful outside of the professional radio. 

Even worse about Schopp is how unprepared he seems to be, how little legwork he clearly does to get ready for his show. Tons of filler and useless information there to go with his lack of objectivity.

They are paid by the team.  No sure they're that objective.  

Edited by stony

49 minutes ago, Plano said:

"Shithole countries"

Do I need to go on?

Probably should go on since him telling the truth is upsetting you. 

Not to mention there's nothing worse than a whiny person trying to bring politics into a football discussion.

Pathetic on your part.

Edited by Binghamton Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wasn’t a huge Tyrod fan and was ready to move on.  All I heard was he was the problem and holding our offense back.  Well our offense was worse without him.  

This is technically true but it is also disingenuous.  Tyrod wasn't the only loss from the 2017 offense.  They also lost their best 2 offensive lineman from 2017, which showed up in the effectiveness of the running game and was detrimental to the passing game.  The Bills were also playing a rookie QB which led to more turnovers.  That is the main reason the Bills were worse on offense outside of the loss of the 2 lineman.  If Allen played behind the same offensive line, he probably wouldn't have turned the ball over as much.  Here is the surprising things, Allen actually had a better yards per play when you factor in passing, rushing and sacks than Taylor did, behind a worse offensive line.  Allen produced 2,492 yards on 437 attempts for a 5.7 average while Taylor produced 2,970 yards on 550 attempts for a 5.4 average.  Allen also produced the same number of td's (18 - passing & rushing) as Taylor did in less games and with less attempts.   The 2017 Bills produced 33 more points than the 2018 Bills.  The 2017 Bills scored 3 TD's on defense while the 2018 Bills scored on 1 TD.  That brings the 33 points down to a 19 point differential.  The kicker missed an extra point in 2018 that he didn't miss in 2017, so that's gets it to 18 points.  The kicker also missed 2 more kicks in 2018 that he didn't miss in 2017, getting the differential to 12 points.  The 2018 Bills had 32 turnovers and the 2017 Bills had 16 turnovers.  The 2017 Bills were also better at running the ball, especially when you take the QB's numbers out of the picture.  The 2017 Bills averaged 3.9 per carry for 1,512 yards and 8 TD's.  The 2018 Bills averaged 3.5 per carry for 1,294 yards and 7 TD's.  So when you factor in a worse offensive line, a less productive running game, twice as many turnovers and a rookie QB, a 12 point differential isn't much at all.  When you watch the games (especially coaches tape) it is much easier to see that Tyrod brought the production of his offense down while Josh Allen's production was brought down by the talent around him.  Outside of turnovers (which is expected of a rookie QB), Allen actually out-produced Taylor in relation to the opportunities each QB had, despite playing behind a lesser offensive line.  If Allen becomes a better decision maker without losing his play making ability, he will be a much more effective alternative to Tyrod Taylor.  If he doesn't become a better decision maker, then he will get thrown away just like Tyrod did.  I think with improved protection and better weapons, he will be a better decision maker and easily make up for that 12 point differential.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, Plano said:

It's not "racist again", he's always been a racist. Shown that through his character his entire life.

NEXT. You will lose. Your brain capacity is pathetic if you still blindly follow this twit, so you are doomed if you dare to go toe to toe with me.

Sit down and shut up

Toe to toe with you ?  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Plano said:

"Shithole countries"

Do I need to go on?

Your reference to Warren as "of native American descent" speaks volumes. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

I don't expect opinion to change but wanted to say it anyway. I play in tournaments with Schopp's wife and have gotten to know him pretty well over the years. I am also in his Sabres ticket draft and it would be tough to find a nicer guy. Don't let the radio stuff fool you as it could not be further away from what his personality really is. Anyway, just thought I would mention it.....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2