Schopp STFU

theRalph

3 minutes ago, Element115 said:

I get home before the show ends so I switch to listening on my PC when I get home.

but i would think 90% of radio , especially live radio, is listened too whilst driving. I think podcasts would be the same..although now I am hearing more people listening to podcasts while working out

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

but i would think 90% of radio , especially live radio, is listened too whilst driving. I think podcasts would be the same..although now I am hearing more people listening to podcasts while working out

Yeah, for me it is Joe Rogan at work, Schopp & Bulldog on the ride home, later at night it's Tim Pool on Youtube.  I don't watch much TV anymore.

Just now, Element115 said:

Yeah, for me it is Joe Rogan at work, Schopp & Bulldog on the ride home, later at night it's Tim Pool on Youtube.  I don't watch much TV anymore.

do you talk to humans anymore?

• Haha (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I listen to podcasts all the time as a form of entertainment, mostly replacing traditional TV viewing or reading.

I never listen to podcasts while driving.

I think a lot of people in office environments listen to live radio or podcasts as well.

For years, while working, I would put Schopp & Bulldog on in the background out of habit.

I stopped that about 6 months ago and haven't been back yet.

They spend too much time talking about Mike Schopp's fantasy leagues nowadays!  A subject I have less than zero interest in.  When they switch to that, I switch off.  

I also find that it's much better to listen late, with the show being recorded.  That automatically edits out commercials for you, and allows you to FF through the slow bits when they are talking about their children, Schopp's fantasy teams, and the hour or two of pure filler they put into their daily 4 hour show.

You can move through an hour pretty quickly that way if there is nothing there of interest or substance, and move to the next hour.

If/when you find them sunk into an interesting discussion, I stop and enjoy the show.

I find that on most days, you probably aren't going to get more than one good segment of conversation that you really enjoy.

So the trick is to find that quickly and easily.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I think my head will explode if I hear this any more.  FACTS don't seem to matter around this subject:

*  The Bills did not pick Allen over Mahomes unless you believe that in April of 2017 the Bills front office had already determined that Allen would be a better NFL QB then Mahomes AND that Allen would be available to them in the 2018 draft.  BTW, had Allen even declared for the 2018 NFL draft in April 2017?

*  On this topic it helps to look at who else needing a QB passed on Mahomes:

1) The Chicago Bears took Trubisky with the #2 pick so they must have thought he was better then Mahomes.  And for the record I think Allen will at least match Trubisky as an NFL QB.

2)  The SF 49's passed on Mahomes with the 3rd pick.  That season they started out 0 - 9 and were so desperate for a QB that they traded with NE to get Jimmy Garoppolo who they immediately inserted in as QB.  Why did they pass on a generational talent especially one that was so obviously generational?

3)  The NY Jets picked ahead of KC and they didn't take Mahomes.  Yet the very next year they used a 3rd round pick to take Sam Darnold.  Is he going to be a better QB then Mahomes?

Kudos to Andy Reid and the KC Chiefs for seeing how good Mahomes was going to be.  Hopefully, folks will be saying that about the Bills & Allen.

More than one team can make a mistake right? 

The Bears probably feel ok with the decision. They were 12-4 and feel good about their QB.

The 49ers, Jets and Bills are still in wait and see mode. All have QB's that could be the answer. I would argue any of the three would take Mahomes in a heartbeat over the current QB. 

Remember, the reason the Bills are tied to Mahomes the most is because they traded the pick. Yes others could have drafted Mahomes higher in the draft but the Bills traded the pick he was drafted with meaning they did not value him at #10. Subtle but meaningful - Bears can say at #2 they did not value Mahomes there, but at #10 they would have for example. Bills are the only team that passed at him that far down the board. 

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Did anyone see the NFL played a game on an 80 yard field? Not sure what else can be said to show that pre-season is a joke...

And, I know ticket prices were super high, but nobody was buying them, so they lowered them.  Not sure how many people finally went to the game.................But, then because of the field, the Packers didn't play 33 players they had planned on playing.  What a ripoff 

They're still trying to grow the sport in the booming province of Manitoba.

Next August, NFL braintrust plan on taking Moose Jaw Saskatchewan by storm.

.....unless of course the September winter storms there are a month early.

Edited by I am the egg man

On 8/20/2019 at 6:02 PM, theRalph said:

Schopp talks Bills in the same manner that one might discuss, say, constipation. There is no media personality, even on the national level, that goes to the extremes Schopp does in dismissing ANYTHING of a positive nature with the Bills and especially Josh Allen whom he despises. Schopp, that insufferable douch bag, used to have ex-QB now fine analyst Dan Orlovsky on the program regularly when Dan was down on Josh Allen. Now, Orlovsky is praising Allen and the douche bag is dismissing it with the notion that "nothing in preseason means anything" and no assessment is possible.

With deepest apologies to all the haters, Debbie Downers, and the like, it must be said that Allen is meeting the eyeball test this meaningless preseason. It's OK to be optimistic, it really is.

Mike Schopp, please bottle the Bills acid and STFU. And Bulldog, grow a pair and stand up to this idiot once in a while.

Wow, I could not have said it better!!!   Kudos to the Ralph

On 8/20/2019 at 6:02 PM, theRalph said:

Schopp talks Bills in the same manner that one might discuss, say, constipation. There is no media personality, even on the national level, that goes to the extremes Schopp does in dismissing ANYTHING of a positive nature with the Bills and especially Josh Allen whom he despises. Schopp, that insufferable douch bag, used to have ex-QB now fine analyst Dan Orlovsky on the program regularly when Dan was down on Josh Allen. Now, Orlovsky is praising Allen and the douche bag is dismissing it with the notion that "nothing in preseason means anything" and no assessment is possible.

With deepest apologies to all the haters, Debbie Downers, and the like, it must be said that Allen is meeting the eyeball test this meaningless preseason. It's OK to be optimistic, it really is.

Mike Schopp, please bottle the Bills acid and STFU. And Bulldog, grow a pair and stand up to this idiot once in a while.

It's funny you bring up the orlovsky part of it because I caught about 2 minutes of the pregame on Friday and Schopp was talking to Sal and was saying he didn't put any stock into allen making presnap adjustments in the preseason (exactly what Orlovsky was praising allen for) .

Sal basically said those are the things you want to see happening during preseason and the numbers are less important. 

In is usual fashion, schopp backed down from actual football talk and moved on to something else. 

Edited by The Wiz

25 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

It's funny you bring up the orlovsky part of it because I caught about 2 minutes of the pregame on Friday and Schopp was talking to Sal and was saying he didn't put any stock into allen making presnap adjustments in the preseason (exactly what Orlovsky was praising allen for) .

Sal basically said those are the things you want to see happening during preseason and the numbers are less important. 

In is usual fashion, schopp backed down from actual football talk and moved on to something else. 

If Allen shows a big improvement this year and we make the playoffs , for me personally it will be EXTRA sweet !!! The EXTRA part will be to see all the Allen haters to eat soooo much crow !!! 

Gooooo Bills !!!!!

1 hour ago, The Wiz said:

Schopp is a baseball guy. He doesn't know football. Which is odd for a town that doesn't h ave an MLB team but does have an NFL team.

4 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Podcasts brutha. Locked on Bills and Cover1 for starters.

Are those two separate podcasts.  I use Overcast, and last week, I typed in cover1 and ended up with Locked on Bills - or the other way around.  

Either case, it was some Marino guy, not Dan.