Schopp STFU

theRalph

1 minute ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

It’s almost like he doesn’t know anything about football or human nature tbh. 

It’s funny 

Bills just won and you're in two separate threads complaining about Schoop.  Enjoy the victory.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I haven’t listened to one minute of him today but I can picture it. He’s not wrong I’m guessing. 

Idiot drunk fans calling in talking about Super Bowl and how great we are. Can do no wrong. And he’s being realistic. In all honesty, we should have destroyed the Jets today. Countless mistakes on the field. Countless mistakes In play calls and game plans. How is it They only handed the ball off like 4 times in the entire first half when it was a 6-0 game at the time. It’s almost like they are trying to make a point. Daboll and Clappy hands shouldn’t get a pass on this game just because they won. 

Edited by mrags
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On August 28, 2019 at 8:52 AM, Royale with Cheese said:

So I pretty much have stopped listening to Schoop in the last few months.  I've heard that he loves Lamar Jackson and talks him up.  Sal Capaccio is on WGR this morning talking about the season and the AFC.  Lamar Jackson came up and Sal said "Man Schoop really loves him some Lamar Jackson.  Like he really likes him as a QB but I'm just not there yet...I'm just not".  

I thought some of you on here were exaggerating his love for Lamar but Sal, his co-worker goes on air and brings it up....I guess he is really infatuated with him.

Are you getting closer??

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, mrags said:

I haven’t listened to one minute of him today but I can picture it. He’s not wrong I’m guessing. 

Idiot drunk ink fans calling in talking about Super Bowl and how great we are. Can do no wrong. And he’s being realistic. In all honesty, we should have destroyed the Jets today. Countless mistakes on the field. Countless mistakes I’m okay calls and game plans. How is it They only handed the ball off like 4 times in the entire first half when it was a 6-0 game at the time. It’s almost like they are trying to make a point. Daboll and Clappy hands shouldn’t get a pass on this game just because they won. 

Just can't be happy.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m happy. They won. They did some things well. But the playcalling and game plan in the first half was terrible. We should have been up by 21 at least but we weren’t 

The game plan was exactly right in my opinion.  The vulnerability of the Jets is at LB and secondary.  Their strength is DL.  They set up to stop the run and spy Allen.  “Make him be a QB” was their mantra.  They way to beat this is to throw.  It was working, but a combination of bad luck and poor execution by Allen on a couple of plays destroyed the effectiveness.  A bigger dose of running in the first half was not the answer.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, FLFan said:

The game plan was exactly right in my opinion.  The vulnerability of the Jets is at LB and secondary.  Their strength is DL.  They set up to stop the run and spy Allen.  “Make him be a QB” was their mantra.  They way to beat this is to throw.  It was working, but a combination of bad luck and poor execution by Allen on a couple of plays destroyed the effectiveness.  A bigger dose of running in the first half was not the answer.  

You have to have at least a thought of running the ball. They didn’t. There’s got to be some attempts even if they go nowhere. And if what you say is true, then shots downfield should have been a realistic answer and it wasn’t even attempted to the extent that it should have. I’m not talking about then td to Brown or some of the other deep plays we had. I’m talking about Rockets down the field where you’re wRs are on all out sprints for the end zone. It didn’t happen. 

And any playcalling that runs a QB sneak on 4th and 2 on 3rd down, with the defense absolutely stacking the box is criminal. 

4 minutes ago, mrags said:

You have to have at least a thought of running the ball. They didn’t. There’s got to be some attempts even if they go nowhere. And if what you say is true, then shots downfield should have been a realistic answer and it wasn’t even attempted to the extent that it should have. I’m not talking about then td to Brown or some of the other deep plays we had. I’m talking about Rockets down the field where you’re wRs are on all out sprints for the end zone. It didn’t happen. 

And any playcalling that runs a QB sneak on 4th and 2 on 3rd down, with the defense absolutely stacking the box is criminal. 

There were a number of plays that appeared to be called runs that Allen checked out of because of what the  defense presented.  In general I agree there should be some mix, but I am not in favor of running into the line just to say we did if the defense appears stacked against it.  Allen did take a couple of shots in the first half and I suspect more were called that he did not throw either because they were not there or he did not have time.  

In general I agree that the net result was a lack of variability, but that is circumstance as much as anything.  I absolutely agree with a game plan to attack the Jets aggressively through the air.  That is their vulnerability.  

49 minutes ago, FLFan said:

There were a number of plays that appeared to be called runs that Allen checked out of because of what the  defense presented.  In general I agree there should be some mix, but I am not in favor of running into the line just to say we did if the defense appears stacked against it.  Allen did take a couple of shots in the first half and I suspect more were called that he did not throw either because they were not there or he did not have time.  

In general I agree that the net result was a lack of variability, but that is circumstance as much as anything.  I absolutely agree with a game plan to attack the Jets aggressively through the air.  That is their vulnerability.  

If that’s the case they should have some real shots down the field and they didn’t. Even the long plays today were barely considered deep balls. 

1 hour ago, FLFan said:

Not true. You can't throw every play i don't care what the game plan is. We got better when we got back to running if we were more balanced in the first we would have rolled them.

the secondary was there weaknesses but that doesn't mean you totally abandon what we are built on. I suspect McD told Dabol to get it together at halftime and there was a big difference in the play calling and performance of this team.

Personally, I don't think he knows much about sports in general.  However, in saying that, I still think he does pretty well with his show.  I don't understand why people get so upset with criticism in general with our teams.

I mean, it goes hand in hand with being a fan.

Fan does not equal cheerleader, you can have opinions and criticize as you wish.

I don't see either Schopp or Bulldog as all negative, and that's the way it should be.  I'll take the good with the bad. 

• SDS locked this topic