Schopp STFU

theRalph

So I pretty much have stopped listening to Schoop in the last few months.  I've heard that he loves Lamar Jackson and talks him up.  Sal Capaccio is on WGR this morning talking about the season and the AFC.  Lamar Jackson came up and Sal said "Man Schoop really loves him some Lamar Jackson.  Like he really likes him as a QB but I'm just not there yet...I'm just not".  

I thought some of you on here were exaggerating his love for Lamar but Sal, his co-worker goes on air and brings it up....I guess he is really infatuated with him.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

So I pretty much have stopped listening to Schoop in the last few months.  I've heard that he loves Lamar Jackson and talks him up.  Sal Capaccio is on WGR this morning talking about the season and the AFC.  Lamar Jackson came up and Sal said "Man Schoop really loves him some Lamar Jackson.  Like he really likes him as a QB but I'm just not there yet...I'm just not".  

I thought some of you on here were exaggerating his love for Lamar but Sal, his co-worker goes on air and brings it up....I guess he is really infatuated with him.

Sal is the only sensible regular on the station, I had to switch to ESPN Rochester because Schoop & Bulldog were such garbage. 

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

Sal is the only sensible regular on the station, I had to switch to ESPN Rochester because Schoop & Bulldog were such garbage. 

I switched too.  It's more fun with those guys.  Schoop is just a grump who can't handle someone who disagrees with him. 

I like the morning guys on WGR.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He loves him for fantasy purposes, which makes sense. You don’t have to spend high to get him and will be productive. I’d rather go JA but schope mentioned him as well. 

On 8/25/2019 at 8:35 PM, bbb said:

Are those two separate podcasts.  I use Overcast, and last week, I typed in cover1 and ended up with Locked on Bills - or the other way around.  

Either case, it was some Marino guy, not Dan. 

search Cover 1 Sports, it should come up. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

He loves him for fantasy purposes, which makes sense. You don’t have to spend high to get him and will be productive. I’d rather go JA but schope mentioned him as well. 

I'll definitely take your word for it...I just don't know since I don't listen.  I just thought it was a little funny how Sal on air brought up Schoop's love for Lamar.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I switched too.  It's more fun with those guys.  Schoop is just a grump who can't handle someone who disagrees with him. 

I like the morning guys on WGR.

Instigators are great in the offseason and when the Sabres are playing well. It’s more my thing that I can’t listen when the Sabres are bad, which is too often.

1 minute ago, Happy Days said:

Schopp is the weak link in the station. Too bad analytics guy Matthew Coller went to Minnesota instead of Schopp.  

Well...Jeremy White is a chucklehead who thinks he’s a lot wittier than he actually is. And he has no idea what the advanced stats he spouts off about even mean.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Daily listener on my drive home from work. I love it. I agree, Schop can be a real pain, but it's entertaining. I don't mind someone with a differing opinion. You just have to learn to take what he has to say with a grain of salt. 

I swear they spend as much time talking about their kids, various other "drafts" and things that have nothing to do with sports as they do with sports...

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The only time I ever enjoyed listening to him, is when he's not talking sports, he can be pretty fun. He'd actually be decent as a morning/afternoon drive host on a non sports station. But his sports musing is insufferable. 

Isn't that like 90% of the time?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

The only time I ever enjoyed listening to him, is when he's not talking sports, he can be pretty fun. He'd actually be decent as a morning/afternoon drive host on a non sports station. But his sports musing is insufferable. 

He does better at non-sports issues than with sports.  I noticed that unless he has a guest on, he can’t talk about sports for more than five minutes without changing the subject to something like movies.  But I really can’t stand listening to him at all. He knows very little about sports and I listen to the station because it’s a sports station and I expect to hear about our local teams from someone knowledgeable. That’s not Schopp. 

• Like (+1) 1

I use to be able to tolerate him until he decided he would take a crack at Christianity just for the sake of it. One day they were talking about Trevor Bauer when he flipped his lid and threw the baseball into the outfield. Someone or he mentioned that he apologized, and then he had to add in "that works for salvation, all you have to do is apologize right?" (or something to that same effect). Then a few moments later because nobody else laughed or anything so he had to say it again to try and get Bulldog or the producer to join in on the bashing. They didn't take the bait. 

The frustrating part about it all is the Bauer thing only came up cause of there ESPN updates they give (every half hour, I think). It was just a quick comment on Bauer and he felt it was a perfect time to take a jab at Christianity. 

It's just frustrating, I can respect and tolerate other opionions then mine, but why are you going out of your way to take a jab. It's not even a great take, he just reached for some very low lying fruit. 

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Here’s his post game analysis today: “They won didn’t they?“  He seems to think that all questions about strategy and particular plays in the game are irrelevant, probably because he doesn’t understand what callers are talking about when they ask. Completely unentertaining and rude to callers. I turned it on to listen for a little bit and turned it off. I wish he weren’t on the post game shows. 

49 minutes ago, KennyDavisEyes said:

Shitting all over any positive calls.

Im ready to stop listening but I like the rest of WGR

Gonna write a letter to my Congressman