Schopp STFU

theRalph

As annoying as Schoop can be sometimes, especially about Josh Allen, I don't mind his show overall. I sort of like his sarcasm a lot of the time. 

You can't blame him for being skeptical of the Bills. The record over 15+ years is what it is.

Boston and NY sports media types would probably have a stroke on air if they covered some of those Bills teams during the depths of the drought. 

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I’d be rude to the mouth breathers that call into the post game show too. These people wait on hold for 30 minutes and still can’t figure out what they want to say and get a coherent sentence across. It’s just really bad radio

to be fair, if its a home game my takes prolly be pretty bad after gettin to @Hammered a Lot at 7AM..

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Schopp & Bulldog are almost certainly still doing regular season post-game shows.

As you can see, there are a lot of folks here who seem to blur their own personal identity with that of the team.  Any transgression made to the team, no matter how minimal, is perceived as a personal slight against the fan.

It's kind of a weird phenomenon if you ask me, but it's very much real.

Most folks who contribute here do not want to engage in objective discussion about the Bills.

They want to engage in a feel-good ritual of sorts, in which we are all in agreement the everything is great and going to remain great in the future.  Any suggestion to the contrary is perceived as an attack on the Bills organization, and in turn, the fan.

It's really weird.

I thought Nate was doing both pre and post game..but maybe it is just Pregame..will check now

argh,,think you are right, does not mention the post game, just the overdtime show which Nate hosts after the postgame

https://buffalonews.com/2019/07/17/wgr-makes-changes-to-lineup-leading-into-bills-game-coverage/

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, APoxOnYou said:

Its disingenuous to compare Allen to Peterman.  

That is the point. Its pre-season. Not the best indicator of player performance clearly shown by Peterman. Allen stats are not even on the Peterman preseason level yet...I see no problem saying it does not mean a whole lot.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, theRalph said:

Schopp talks Bills in the same manner that one might discuss, say, constipation. There is no media personality, even on the national level, that goes to the extremes Schopp does in dismissing ANYTHING of a positive nature with the Bills and especially Josh Allen whom he despises. Schopp, that insufferable douch bag, used to have ex-QB now fine analyst Dan Orlovsky on the program regularly when Dan was down on Josh Allen. Now, Orlovsky is praising Allen and the douche bag is dismissing it with the notion that "nothing in preseason means anything" and no assessment is possible.

With deepest apologies to all the haters, Debbie Downers, and the like, it must be said that Allen is meeting the eyeball test this meaningless preseason. It's OK to be optimistic, it really is.

Mike Schopp, please bottle the Bills acid and STFU. And Bulldog, grow a pair and stand up to this idiot once in a while.

I'm not Mike's biggest fan but I'm not sure how accurate most of this is. Quite honestly, what have the Bills done to give anyone in Buffalo hope that they finally have it right. 

I was upset when they drafted Allen, much like many fans, as there were red flags. He's won me over quite a bit but I'm not fully sold yet. Until Josh performs like an NFL quarterback on Sindays, there is room for criticism. 

Schopp is a weird dude. He prefers drafts and trades to games. He prefers tennis to football. He hates most things that have anything to do with what we enjoy. It makes for a strange dynamic when listening to his show. That being said, he's a solid professional on air personality that keeps the show moving. 

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

I can't listen to people talking about sports when I feel I am way more knowledgeable then they are.  I only listen to Jerry Sullivan sometimes when I am driving between 9-12.  IMO the guests he has on his shows are far superior to WGR and they actually talk about basketball which I love.

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Its more than just Tyrod

Yeah, but that is a lot of it I think when it comes to Allen I think. He still goes on about Tyrod sometimes, as if the Bills were the only team to come to this conclusion. 

I don't mind listening to someone with the opposite opinion, because it's going to be fun listening to him IF Allen really turns out to be something. 

I am optimistic about Allen, but I don't see him having the type of career that is going to shut the doubters up, so to speak. If he has Cam Newton's career, with an MVP, a SB appearance and a lot of wins that won't get it done. People still think Newton isn't very good. 

it's entertainment.  I know in the present state of things that having a differing opinion is a terrible affront, worthy of banishment, but really ... if ya don't like the guy then DON'T LISTEN.  I don't care for MTS (Murph The Shill) so guess what?  I don't listen.  It's really that simple.  I am consistently amused by those who work themselves into a rage over (insert personality/network here) ... you're just hangry - have a Snickers

40 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

it's entertainment.  I know in the present state of things that having a differing opinion is a terrible affront, worthy of banishment, but really ... if ya don't like the guy then DON'T LISTEN.  I don't care for MTS (Murph The Shill) so guess what?  I don't listen.  It's really that simple.  I am consistently amused by those who work themselves into a rage over (insert personality/network here) ... you're just hangry - have a Snickers

Folks around here absolutely love to hate on Mike Schopp, Jerry Sullivan, Steve Tasker, and The Buffalo News in general, among others!

It's tough to make it through a week here without a hate thread directed to one of the above.

On 8/20/2019 at 6:17 PM, TheFunPolice said:

Schoop loves Tyrod Taylor and thinks he wasn't treated fairly.

It's that simple. 

It is funny to me when he talks about Tyrod and how good he was, or how he never turned the ball over.... Like, big deal, he never threw the ball, that's why he never turned it over. Tyrod wasn't good. He was average at best

• Like (+1) 1

Pretty sure Schopp & Bulldog benefit from the Howard Stern effect.  People who LOVE Schopp & Bdog listen for 25 minutes on average before school starts or before radio time is over at Shady Acres but people who HATE the show listen for 4 hours a day and the replays and share their hate here at TBD.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I wasn’t a huge Tyrod fan and was ready to move on.  All I heard was he was the problem and holding our offense back.  Well our offense was worse without him.  

Bortles 10      Tyrod 3 

Why couldn’t the rookie play as good as the pro bowler Tyrod ?    You’re making some valid points here.  

Edited by Teddy KGB
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Pretty sure Schopp & Bulldog benefit from the Howard Stern effect.  People who LOVE Schopp & Bdog listen for 25 minutes on average before school starts or before radio time is over at Shady Acres but people who HATE the show listen for 4 hours a day and the replays and share their hate here at TBD.

Nice way to insult a bunch of people from WNY who happen to like their show.  Nice d-bag move if that's what you were going for.

12 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

How cute. Racist being thrown out there again. People like you have rendered that term meaningless.

You were one of the first people to bring up race in this thread.  Now you’re planning the victim. And of course you think racism is meaningless!

This thread sucks and should be moved to loserville. 

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Never realized the repetitive vapid drivel local talk drive time radio shows spewed until I retired.

Thankfully, there's some solid national radio talk in the 10-3 time slots.

Edited by I am the egg man

Btw anyone else think Schopp looks like a Wal-Mart Francesa? 

I tuned in for a few minutes when they had Terez Paylor on because he was visiting buffalo to do an article on the bills for Yahoo.  Terez mentioned how he liked Allen and thought he was a good player, along with stating he thinks the Bills will finish second in the division because there isn’t any drama like there is in Jersey and the dolphins will flat out stink. This all came after Schopp kept mentioning how he liked Lamar so much, and after Terez made this statement Schopp changed the subject. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2019 at 6:52 PM, billsredneck1 said:

agree but please keep in mind douche ends with an e.....psa

I'm well aware of this. Regrettably, this tarnishes my otherwise fine record of crafting angst ridden Bills screeds with proper spelling and grammar. Would have edited it, but someone quickly mentioned the error, and I enjoyed the variety of replies citing my gaffe.