Schopp STFU

theRalph

34 minutes ago, MAGA-Man said:

Schopp finds things he knows the Bills would not be on board with and harps on those topics to make himself look right. If the Bills continue to lose this shock jock method will continue to get ratings. If the Bills ever do start winning, it will be interesting to see what their show will become because the constsnt negativity will no longer work.

I’ve seen them, just like Jerry Sullivan flip and become the biggest fans after just a few games. You’d think someone pulled their brains out and reprogrammed them to be the biggest homers ever. 

2 hours ago, theRalph said:

Schopp talks Bills in the same manner that one might discuss, say, constipation. There is no media personality, even on the national level, that goes to the extremes Schopp does in dismissing ANYTHING of a positive nature with the Bills and especially Josh Allen whom he despises. Schopp, that insufferable douch bag, used to have ex-QB now fine analyst Dan Orlovsky on the program regularly when Dan was down on Josh Allen. Now, Orlovsky is praising Allen and the douche bag is dismissing it with the notion that "nothing in preseason means anything" and no assessment is possible.

With deepest apologies to all the haters, Debbie Downers, and the like, it must be said that Allen is meeting the eyeball test this meaningless preseason. It's OK to be optimistic, it really is.

Mike Schopp, please bottle the Bills acid and STFU. And Bulldog, grow a pair and stand up to this idiot once in a while.

This is Mike Schoop's producer, Thank you for talking about us and keeping us in the public eye.  Without people like you commenting on our show, we'd probably be off the air.  But you help keep us relevant!"

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I agree.  I just wouldn’t listen.  Just saying if it that’s distasteful then do something instead of complain.

Or go to another station and start your own show?

I will say even he doesn’t really bother me, I think Buffalo sports talk could be so much better.  I’m mainly a podcast guy for sports. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, White Linen said:

He didn't stop there.  He firmly believes we picked the wrong QB and should have drafted Lamar Jackson.  

Some know what his motivations are and if you don't,  do a little investigating.  

He loves Tyrod, RG3, and Kaepernick as well.  Thinks they all got raw deals while, and I quote "Big Slow White Guys" keep getting second chances.  What can you do except turn off the radio.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Him and the Generic Sports Talk Name got so bad I stopped listening to him more than a decade ago. I always felt it was a huge disservice to the people of WNY who are such rabid sports fans to have guys on the rush hour show talking about guitar lessons and most comfortable walking shoes (actual topics). I guess there was never any viable competition but either way apparently it worked because they are still on the air...It is not my cup of tea but they are still on the air.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAGA-Man said:

lol, welcome to tribal human nature. Most fans are not going to do any type of logical analysis. We don't do that in relationships, we don't do that in politics, and we definitely don't do that with sports.

“Tribal” human nature?.....says MAGA MAN?

Present day WGR talking heads credibility benefited from goof balls of the past like Art Wander and Chuck Dickerson. Who they held in high regard cutting their teeth in the local sports talk radio business.

Edited by I am the egg man

2 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Daily listener on my drive home from work. I love it. I agree, Schop can be a real pain, but it's entertaining. I don't mind someone with a differing opinion. You just have to learn to take what he has to say with a grain of salt. 

That's not my issue with him. My issue with him is that he doesn't seem to really care for football or especially Bills football. He takes every opportunity to talk about something else. So he isn't a fan of football, isn't a fan of the Bills, doesn't really know much about the sport besides what casual fans already know, doesn't like talking to fans who call in, so why is he doing what he is doing? Maybe he should cover something that he is actually interested in.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, bbb said:

This is really the main problem

Buffalo content?  Where?  

Joe Marino has a podcast he does about 2-4 days per week, even during the dog days of summer. They’re only about a half hour each, but they’re pretty solid. 

I always look for it on “playerfm”, the “locked on bills” podcast. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just ignore the guy. He only has a job because people listen. He isn't qualified to offer real opinions on anything, so he plays heel and tries to get people to interact. Clicks and calls keep crappy people in jobs, if you don't like him - switch the station and ignore him like I do.

• Like (+1) 1

Schopp has hated all things preseason football for as long as I can remember. After Peterman's fireworks last preseason and his subsequent flameout during the season opener against Baltimore, his opinion of preseason football has only gotten worse. Like others here have already commented. When Josh shows consistency and performs at a high level, people that doubt him will crawl back under their rocks, with a mouth full of crow.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Never understood how he has any callers to his show. If you don’t agree precisely with his opinion he will berate you until he is blue in the face. 

Even when people agree with him he still sometimes bashes them.  Almost like he literally cannot ever be happy.

8 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I can’t stomach Schoop and the Bulldog.  The sound of Bulldog’s voice/stammer just annoys me.  I also can’t stand Schopp.  You pointed out some of the reasons why he suck.  I loved last year how he praised Lamar Jackson’s running but was down on Josh Allen for running the football as a QB.  I have my theories why...

Schopp is unlistenable and I refused to tune in but to his credit, his show gets huge ratings for WGR

As do I.  It has been kicked around here before where his bias comes from and I think most people agree.

• Like (+1) 1