Schopp STFU

theRalph

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Turn off WGR. There are a ton of good Bills podcasts out there. Locked on Bills and Buffalo Rumblings and Cover 1 all have made my commute much more enjoyable than the WGR whine show.

I say this every time his name comes up.  You want him gone, don’t just turn off the station. Contact the sponsors and tell them you aren’t going to frequent their businesses as long as he’s on the air.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Glad that gives you a chuckle. Tribalism misses the point entirely, as well. 

You're the one missing the point of fandom tbh. Anyone reporting on the NFL is looking for clicks not the truth.

Edited by MAGA-Man

1 hour ago, theRalph said:

Schopp talks Bills in the same manner that one might discuss, say, constipation. There is no media personality, even on the national level, that goes to the extremes Schopp does in dismissing ANYTHING of a positive nature with the Bills and especially Josh Allen whom he despises. Schopp, that insufferable douch bag, used to have ex-QB now fine analyst Dan Orlovsky on the program regularly when Dan was down on Josh Allen. Now, Orlovsky is praising Allen and the douche bag is dismissing it with the notion that "nothing in preseason means anything" and no assessment is possible.

With deepest apologies to all the haters, Debbie Downers, and the like, it must be said that Allen is meeting the eyeball test this meaningless preseason. It's OK to be optimistic, it really is.

Mike Schopp, please bottle the Bills acid and STFU. And Bulldog, grow a pair and stand up to this idiot once in a while.

I've mentioned this on the forum in the past and will do so once again. When Ralph died and Pegula hadn't yet materialized and it appeared that the Bills would most likely be moved after a sale was made, Schopp went on the air and said: "If I had the Billions of dollars to buy the team and keep them in Buffalo I wouldn't, because I just don't care enough about them or the NFL."

IMHO, he should have been relieved of his duties that day as his statement was paramount to WNY treason.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

❄️

I have never listened to him as I don’t live there.  But you can count on a thread like this every couple months.  If so many people want him gone tell the sponsors.  Not listening won’t change anything.

33 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Like I said, it’s the level of criticism that precedes any level of analysis. Pro or con. 

I think this concept of “sides” misses the issue completely as it relates to competitive team sports. 

Normally I'd agree with this, but it certainly seemed like there were "sides" with Allen.  I remember quite a bit of "deal with it, he's your QB now" rhetoric after the draft with the whole Josh v Josh debate.  

Edited by stony

1 hour ago, Wadhams said:

I never understood why WGR employs him. I have encountered numerous people who stopped listening to their network just because of Schopp. To this day I haven't met anyone who is a fan of his.

Because Schopp, like The Bulldog and Howard Simon, are legacy sports talk hosts in Buffalo. They're there because they're always there. (In a word, inertia.)

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, MAGA-Man said:

You're the one misding the point of fandom tbh. Anyone reporting on the NFL is looking for clicks not the truth.

Why does every difference of opinion have to be tribalist in nature? And I would argue that fandom is the LAST F-ing thing society should or needs to be tribal about. If you’ve boiled every aspect of discourse down to tribalism, then yeah, you’ve missed the point. Entirely.  

And while I don’t agree that anyone reporting on the NFL is incapable of truth, many of them do work for outlets that depend on ad clicks to drive revenues. But that’s on us to recognize the difference. Caveat emptor. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

I have never listened to him as I don’t live there.  But you can count on a thread like this every couple months.  If so many people want him gone tell the sponsors.  Not listening won’t change anything.

So people  want someone fired because they simply don’t agree with their opinion?  I’d argue that not being able to listen to other people’s opinions is a huge issue in this country. 

I definitely agree with you that if someone or something really bothers me, I’d just ignore.  But unless someone was a terrible human being, it seems pretty awful to want them to get fired because they don’t have an opinion you like.  And as much as I love the Bills, sadly, the negative people have been many right. JMO. 

• Like (+1) 1

With all the podcasts out there now there is no need to listen to WGR. Plus they usually separate the good guest they have on their show on the on demand so if you just wanted to listen to a guest later pretty easily done.

No reason to give them the ratings 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, stony said:

Normally I'd agree with this, but it certainly seemed like there were "sides" with Allen.  I remember quite a bit of "deal with it, he's your QB now" rhetoric after the draft with the whole Josh v Josh debate.  

Yes, there are “sides.” I just find the concept of “sides” as missing the point. 

• Like (+1) 1

guys been doing it a long so someone must like him.  he does say he will given them credit when they do something that warrants it.  I dont like or dislike im just a guys who like to listen talk bills football.

for what its worth I dont see any reason why Allen wouldnt be a good qb at this point

Edited by clearwater cadet

13 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Why does every difference of opinion have to be tribalist in nature? And I would argue that fandom is the LAST F-ing thing society should or needs to be tribal about. If you’ve boiled every aspect of discourse down to tribalism, then yeah, you’ve missed the point. Entirely.  

And while I don’t agree that anyone reporting on the NFL is incapable of truth, many of them do work for outlets that depend on ad clicks to drive revenues. But that’s on us to recognize the difference. Caveat emptor. 

We live in an era of extreme stances with no middle ground and every single fan can have a voice and get the attention of even the players themselves via social media.

As someone said before, we had this same infighting even in the 90's. I had an Aunt who absolutely despised Jim Kelly and was all too happy to point out that all the SB losses were because Jim Kelly sucked.

We are just repeating history in a diffetent era with different tools at our disposal.

Edited by MAGA-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

So people  want someone fired because they simply don’t agree with their opinion?  I’d argue that not being able to listen to other people’s opinions is a huge issue in this country. 

I definitely agree with you that if someone or something really bothers me, I’d just ignore.  But unless someone was a terrible human being, it seems pretty awful to want them to get fired because they don’t have an opinion you like.  And as much as I love the Bills, sadly, the negative people have been many right. JMO. 

I agree.  I just wouldn’t listen.  Just saying if it that’s distasteful then do something instead of complain.

Or go to another station and start your own show?

• Like (+1) 1