Matrix 4

TSNBDSC

1.  Awesome news loved the Matrix universe.  The first movie is still to this day my favorite action movie and one of the best movie experiences I have ever had.  The animatrix and the video game added a ton to the story.  I'm a believer that Zion was still in the Matrix and never actually free.

2.  The Wachovski brothers are now the Wachovski sisters?  No judgement but that is incredibly interesting.  I knew the one brother was trans but was confused when I saw a Lilly Wachovski.

3.  Glad to see the Wachovski sisters will get to continue the story.  2 and 3 weren't as good as 1 but I still enjoyed them.  The world that was created was such an interesting concept.  I watched that first movie so many times and think I will again tonight!

• Like (+1) 1

Speaking of The Matrix, that reminds me of an article I read awhile back that 1999 was the last great year of cinema

http://www.bbc.com/culture/story/20190806-was-1999-cinemas-last-great-year

The argument is that 1999 was the last year with several great original screenplays:

Fight Club, The Matrix, American Beauty, The Sixth Sense, American Pie, Three Kings, Election, Being John Malkovich, Magnolia, The Blair Witch Project, and Office Space

Unfortunately 1999 is also the year it all went down hill with the release of Star Wars, Episode I, The Phantom Menace and Toy Story 2. 

Hollywood saw how much bank both made and started moving away from taking a risk on original content and towards recycling known intellectual properties

Hence we are know on The Matrix 4.  Star Wars Episode IX, countless reboots and re-imaginings of DC & Marvel characters, and how many Transformers or Lego movies?

• Like (+1) 1

I loved the Matrix trilogy. Even 2 and 3. Neo and Trinity both died in 3 so I wonder what they're gonna do with that. The Wachowski brothers had quite a few bombs after the Matrix, so it will be interesting to see how this is. 

• Like (+1) 1

Spoiler alert:. Neo will look down and out but will grab one of the tennis balls off the bottom of his walker and throw it at agent Smith.  He will miss but Smith will trip over it and fall.  Smith will start loudly complaining about his sciatica which will be overheard by Trinity who does not fight physically, but verbally with Smith by lamenting the horrors of menopause.  While this is going on within earshot Neo will surreptitiously crawl over to his gun, load it and put a bullet in his own head.  Roll credits.

Edited by 4merper4mer
  • Haha (+1) 1

My hopes arent very high.  They had a near perfect film with The Matrix.  Matrix 2 was kind of a mess, but had some great moments and scenes.  Matrix 3, a little less and got a little cheesy.  Honestly, it was almost impossible to keep The Matrix story going keeping the same standard as the original

Many years have passed.  No Fishbourne either is a huge blow.

17 hours ago, section122 said:

1.  Awesome news loved the Matrix universe.  The first movie is still to this day my favorite action movie and one of the best movie experiences I have ever had.  The animatrix and the video game added a ton to the story.  I'm a believer that Zion was still in the Matrix and never actually free.

The first one was such a mind F.  The only way they'll ever be successful with this is if they find a way to recreate that feel.  You're suggestion is one approach.  Part of me wonders if they'll just say that the characters themselves are the matrix and not real.  They need some sort of crazy twist or else they're destined to fail.  I have zero faith in it.

11 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Speaking of The Matrix, that reminds me of an article I read awhile back that 1999 was the last great year of cinema

The argument is that 1999 was the last year with several great original screenplays:

Fight Club, The Matrix, American Beauty, The Sixth Sense, American Pie, Three Kings, Election, Being John Malkovich, Magnolia, The Blair Witch Project, and Office Space

Unfortunately 1999 is also the year it all went down hill with the release of Star Wars, Episode I, The Phantom Menace and Toy Story 2. 

Hollywood saw how much bank both made and started moving away from taking a risk on original content and towards recycling known intellectual properties

Hence we are know on The Matrix 4.  Star Wars Episode IX, countless reboots and re-imaginings of DC & Marvel characters, and how many Transformers or Lego movies?

Yeah this isn't some new thing that started in 1999 it's been a thing since always in film and before that books and radio and before that probably people telling stories around the fire. I mean you know what else came out in 1999, Tarzan which was approximately the 37th movie about that story/universe. It's honestly just evolution/survival of the fittest as it appears in our behavior. If something works keep doing it and everyone starts doing it, new things appear only occasionally in comparison. If they succeed it's the new thing and spreads everywhere if not it pretty much just dies. 

Edited by Warcodered

12 hours ago, /dev/null said:

From a pure business standpoint there is no incentive to taking a risk on a project like the Matrix when you know can make Fast & Furious 14: Cleveland Nights for $200 million, in 18 months, and gross $550 million.  Its guaranteed return.  From a financial standpoint you would be stupid not to run it into the ground.  

The only threat is shifting taste and audiences which will shell out the dollars for original ideas.  Netflix is trying just that but the quality isn't there yet.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:22 PM, TSNBDSC said:

From linked article - How have they not have Tayyiba Haneef-Park (tallest female indoor-volleyball player. At 6 feet, 7 inches) in some sort of movie even if it is a non-speaking role.  Sure they can use CGI / costumes but it is so much easier if they have a huge actor to start with. 

https://www.ask.com/slideshow/largest-athletes-all-time/3?utm_source=ouins&utm_campaign=005123c800b03da39921ba3ca189907b60&utm_term=Variety (Penske Media Corporation)_Variety_00855b9a11315754ffc857dabac030cd6b&utm_request=9f76b2b0c5e70c6795b3a525115c0ab5&utm_content=newnext&utm_medium=Da_OS_ASK_US_D_LargeAthlete_v1_0708&o=777317&ad=semA&ag=fw12&an=social&qo=semQuery

Lana is the worst of the two in terms of talent/ability. High odds of this being either incomprehensible or over-the-top preachy. Had both siblings been coming back, I'd be more interested personally. 

(Cloud Atlas and Sense8 were Lana as an example, without her sibling)

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Thank you (+1) 1