Talk me out of drafting Josh

Big C

So, I signed up for fantasy on a flier even though I usually can't last much more than 2 weeks with it- that being said, my auto-draft (didn't even pay attention to the draft) did pretty well all around, and I am left with Carson Wentz and Russel Wilson... I am wondering if I should try and trade one of them for Josh.... 

2 hours ago, Big C said:

Guys I have this feeling Josh Allen is the biggest value at QB this year. He is getting ranked around 20th overall and I want to draft him late after loading up on the other positions. Why shouldn't I do this?

Because he's a 2nd year player who less than a TD per game throwing last year.  You can't count on the same run production as defensive coordinators have now had a full offseason now to study film to neutralize him.  He has a lot of upside but I'd take a QB who puts up consistent numbers year in and year out.

He's probably not a top 15 QB and will usually be available on the waiver wire later if you want him.

On 8/20/2019 at 5:44 PM, whatdrought said:

Well, I submitted a trade of Wilson for Allen... Maybe I'm an idiot. 

I also got Beasley and Singletary for free.

Whoah. Wilson is a top fantasy QB.

21 minutes ago, MJS said:

He's probably not a top 15 QB and will usually be available on the waiver wire later if you want him.

Whoah. Wilson is a top fantasy QB.

I care so little about fantasy. Either my team will be great and I'll put forth some effort, or I'll give up by week 3. :P

On 8/20/2019 at 5:20 PM, Big C said:

Guys I have this feeling Josh Allen is the biggest value at QB this year. He is getting ranked around 20th overall and I want to draft him late after loading up on the other positions. Why shouldn't I do this?

If you're drafting Allen as your #2, I think it's a good call.

4 hours ago, Buffalo86 said:

Last night I grabbed  Allen in the 16th round of my 17 round, 12 team draft. 

I feel Josh is a decent back up qb for fantasy. His floor should be pretty high considering his run yardage. With any luck the OLine, WR upgrades boost him to a viable #1 option! What im really hoping happens is that Josh blows up and I can deal Cam! Hey, it is called fantasy football so im allowed to dream.

Edited by Dante

20 hours ago, Dante said:

I feel Josh is a decent back up qb for fantasy. His floor should be pretty high considering his run yardage. With any luck the OLine, WR upgrades boost him to a viable #1 option! What im really hoping happens is that Josh blows up and I can deal Cam! Hey, it is called fantasy football so im allowed to dream.

At the very least, Allen has good matchups early in the season if Cam's not ready to go.  I'm starting the season with the 3-headed QB monster of Garoppolo, Trubisky, & Allen and will see who pans out.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.