Zerovoltz 2019 Season Predictions

Zerovoltz

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Didn't notice this thread, but if anyone picks their own team to go 19-0 during the season under the BEST of circumstances is an utter moron. 

You have to be a bigger moron if you pick your team to go 16-0 when it's NOT the best of circumstances.

And then add to it that you go into another teams board and predict the team of that board is crap... 

only to have a worse record 6 weeks in....

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

On 10/13/2019 at 3:21 PM, Warcodered said:

He's been mysteriously absent the last week. I'm sure he'll be back this one.?

Yeah...that was me.  He's better than I gave him credit for.  

On 10/13/2019 at 9:35 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

He was here this past Wednesday.  

He acknowledged his predictions weren’t holding up so well.  

.....and they still aren't.  ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

Fair play Zero. I won't ever criticise you or anyone else for having strong opinions on players and teams and expressing them on this forum. I do it all the time. We all get some wrong too. The key is if you want the next opinion to be respected you have to 'fess up to the ones you get wrong.

I loved Watson coming out, I was wary on Mahomes. I was wrong to be wary on Mahomes. I was right to love Watson. You win some, you lose some. Nobody is batting 100. Not even the professionals.

• Like (+1) 1

Thanks....I've always enjoyed my interactions here....and I HATE douchebags who won't eat the crow they deserve.  I know I come off as a douche here and there, but I try and be objective and I'll eat my crow....bad as it tastes.  ( I HATE being wrong!)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 8/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, Zerovoltz said:

4. Miami Dolphins 1-15

There isn’t much to say here.  They are in full blown tear it down mode.  The whole season is one long extended tryout to see who is a part of the rebuild and who isn’t….including Josh Rosen.  If they do find that Rosen can be their QB1, they’ll have a nice chip to trade for a bounty of goodies that can help the rebuild along quicker.  

Look on the bright side.....

You may have guessed 1 right

On 8/20/2019 at 4:32 PM, Zerovoltz said:

4.  San Francisco 49ers.  3-13

Jimmy G proves himself to be a total fraud.  It all comes crashing down as the team loses all hope.  Waste of a good D and some decent pieces.  No QB = no good.  Shanahan and Lynch find they are jeopardy of losing jobs.

Hooo boy .....  He swings and Misses!!!!    ;)  ;)  LOL 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Thanks....I've always enjoyed my interactions here....and I HATE douchebags who won't eat the crow they deserve.  I know I come off as a douche here and there, but I try and be objective and I'll eat my crow....bad as it tastes.  ( I HATE being wrong!)

Good sport, but you’re not objective with regards to the Chiefs and it doesn’t appear you make any effort to even attempt to be. Which is fine, they’re your team and you can homer all you want. But don’t try to slip in some comment about “objectivity.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Hooo boy .....  He swings and Misses!!!!    ;)  ;)  LOL 

I missed on the 49ers too. Had them 7-9 and Shanny Jnr and GM Lynch being shown the door at the season's end. I undervalued the Cardinals as well. Had them 1-15 I think they are going to win 5 or 6 games. NFC West was my worst set of predictions I think.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'll give you credit for taking the bashing, but.............

To pick your own team to go undefeated is as demented as it gets. You do realize that, don't you?

For example, the Bills could have the PERFECT roster with the weakest schedule going into a season and I STILL would never pick my team to go unbeaten. NEVER.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Fair play Zero. I won't ever criticise you or anyone else for having strong opinions on players and teams and expressing them on this forum. I do it all the time. We all get some wrong too. The key is if you want the next opinion to be respected you have to 'fess up to the ones you get wrong.

I loved Watson coming out, I was wary on Mahomes. I was wrong to be wary on Mahomes. I was right to love Watson. You win some, you lose some. Nobody is batting 100. Not even the professionals.

I liked them both ?

But man was I wrong about Dak

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

.....and they still aren't.  ?

Fess up, wasn't there more than a little bit of trolling involved when you created this thread, picking your team to go undefeated and ours to suck? Asking for a friend....

1 hour ago, JoPar_v2 said:

Good sport, but you’re not objective with regards to the Chiefs and it doesn’t appear you make any effort to even attempt to be. Which is fine, they’re your team and you can homer all you want. But don’t try to slip in some comment about “objectivity.”

And I'd like to add - Fans are called "fans" because they are not objective about their teams.  It's not an expectation.  That's OK. 

Or as the Senator would say "19 - 0 Baby!"

But JoPar is correct, the problem isn't lack of objectivity about Your Team, it's trying to say "I'm Objective!  19 - 0 Baby!"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I missed on the 49ers too. Had them 7-9 and Shanny Jnr and GM Lynch being shown the door at the season's end. I undervalued the Cardinals as well. Had them 1-15 I think they are going to win 5 or 6 games. NFC West was my worst set of predictions I think.

It seems that outside the top 10 winning teams, the rest of the NFL is bad and VERY bad.  

Games between bad and VERY bad will make teams like AZ look better.  

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

And I'd like to add - Fans are called "fans" because they are not objective about their teams.  It's not an expectation.  That's OK. 

Or as the Senator would say "19 - 0 Baby!"

But JoPar is correct, the problem isn't lack of objectivity about Your Team, it's trying to say "I'm Objective!  19 - 0 Baby!"

45 minutes ago, teef said:

you guys are crazy.

fa·nat·ic

/fəˈnadik/

noun

a person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal, especially for an extreme religious or political cause.

That may also qualify as "crazy" 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/20/2019 at 3:32 PM, Zerovoltz said:

AFC West

1.Kansas City Chiefs 16-0

If ever there was an offense built that could accomplish the feat of going 16-0, it’s this one.  Speed and more speed with Mahomes…they will score at will.  The question will be the defense…it’s new and differnent…but is it better?  Can it possibly be worse?  I don’t see how.  Add in top notch special teams and if the D is even 22nd or better, watch out.

The whole thing looks like a crow-fest to me, but I don't want to Jinx us.

But permit me to help you out here:

crow.gif

56 minutes ago, teef said:

you guys are crazy.

What's.  Your.  Point.