Zerovoltz 2019 Season Predictions

Zerovoltz

12 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

You need to go back and do the math. Your records don't add up.

I know.....I have read some people who put a great deal more time into this than I do, that go game by game for every team and make the records all come out even.  It's a legit point you make, but If I had a team called at 3-13 and they go 4-12....the idea is that I am predicting them to be a bad team.  Just as I have said 7-9 on the Bills....that could EASILY be 9-7 or 6-10...they are in that range.  

This seems like a  lot of time and effort spent on another team's fan site, particularly when most of your posts are really about telling us how great Mahommes is and how Josh Allen and the Bills are just average - at best. To each their own; however, I just don't get it. The only thing that makes sense to me is that you must be a former Bills fan who was enamored with Mahomes, got upset when the Bills didn't draft him, became a Chief's fan when they drafted him, and love to come back here to remind us that the Bills could have had him...

I could be wrong; but, I doubt you would be here posting if Mahomes was an awful QB...

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....Jeff's Magic pseudo name??....ZERO-VOLTZ .....a/k/a "low battery".......Andy at 19-oh?......damn good coach but his hiccups...............

One does have to wonder if JeffIsMagic = Zerovoltz

Andy Reid will have to overcome himself in the playoffs.  They might be good enough to do that.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought this was well thought out and fairly reasonable.  But even as someone who loves Mahomes, 19-0??? ?

stick to reasonable predictions like Josh Allen being the NFL Mvp. 

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

This seems like a  lot of time and effort spent on another team's fan site, particularly when most of your posts are really about telling us how great Mahommes is and how Josh Allen and the Bills are just average - at best. To each their own; however, I just don't get it. The only thing that makes sense to me is that you must be a former Bills fan who was enamored with Mahomes, got upset when the Bills didn't draft him, became a Chief's fan when they drafted him, and love to come back here to remind us that the Bills could have had him...

I could be wrong; but, I doubt you would be here posting if Mahomes was an awful QB...

I would guess most fan bases see the Bills as average to below average.  Just need to prove them wrong but how do we view the Lions?  Kinda the same thing.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I know.....I have read some people who put a great deal more time into this than I do, that go game by game for every team and make the records all come out even.  It's a legit point you make, but If I had a team called at 3-13 and they go 4-12....the idea is that I am predicting them to be a bad team.  Just as I have said 7-9 on the Bills....that could EASILY be 9-7 or 6-10...they are in that range.  

I got Bills at 10-6

Chiefs at 8-8

Don't feel like doing all the teams, I just think yours will not be as good this year.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would guess most fan bases see the Bills as average to below average.  Just need to prove them wrong but how do we view the Lions?  Kinda the same thing.

That is true; however, I don't go on the Lion's site to tell their fans that I think their team is average...

3 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

That is true; however, I don't go on the Lion's site to tell their fans that I think their team is average...

Haha fair.  I like other fans of other teams so I welcome even if they are homers.  

5 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I got Bills at 10-6

Chiefs at 8-8

Don't feel like doing all the teams, I just think yours will not be as good this year.

I’ll definitely bet on over 8 wins for KC.  

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

The only thing that makes sense to me is that you must be a former Bills fan who was enamored with Mahomes, got upset when the Bills didn't draft him, became a Chief's fan when they drafted him, and love to come back here to remind us that the Bills could have had him...

I think that would be a good theory, but Zerovolts posts on a few other forums (just with that one user name, who knows how many others). So unless he is also tied to the UK, the Broncos, the Jets, and the Bears, it is just safe to assume he is a common internet troll. 

The sites I found with a quick google search (and yes Mahomes is mentioned in nearly all the posts)

- jetsnation.com 

- nfluk.com

- orangemane.com (Broncos)

- chicitysports.com 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

It’s those darn Bills homers that you just can’t stand though, right?

I don’t like angry homers who get angry about any little criticism about the Bills.  But deep in me and every home opener, the suppressed homer in me comes out and I start thinking big dreams.  And then the Chargers destroy us and I’m sad. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don’t like angry homers who get angry about any little criticism about the Bills.  But deep in me and every home opener, the suppressed homer in me comes out and I start thinking big dreams.  And then the Chargers destroy us and I’m sad. ?

Good! And I'm sure going forward you'll be as charitable to optimistic Bills fans as you are to this Chiefs guy who's predicting something that's never happened before in NFL history.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Kansas City over Cleveland

Kansas City over New England

Super Bowl.

KC over Green Bay….in the leauges 100th season…only fitting we have a rematch of Super Bowl I.  KC completes an undefeated season.

Is Andy Reid going to be fired before the playoffs ?

42 minutes ago, Klaus said:

I think that would be a good theory, but Zerovolts posts on a few other forums (just with that one user name, who knows how many others). So unless he is also tied to the UK, the Broncos, the Jets, and the Bears, it is just safe to assume he is a common internet troll. 

The sites I found with a quick google search (and yes Mahomes is mentioned in nearly all the posts)

- jetsnation.com 

- nfluk.com

- orangemane.com (Broncos)

- chicitysports.com 

I am also at Brownsboard.com  but the mods changed my name to Pat Mahomo there :(

If you search here, I fully explain why I came here...and it has everything to do with Mahomes...I wanted to see and interact with Bills fans as the trade took place and we got Mahomes etc....I came here BEFORE Mahomes had his big year.  I make some toll like posts but I have participated in a lot of general football discussion here and really enjoy Bills fans and this place....I've said before, I've been won over by you guys....I bought my kid a bills jersey, I had my picture taken with Poncho Billa on the draft floor at the 2018 Draft.  Iam ROOTING for the Bills.  I want to see Josh Allen succeed even as I remain skeptical.  

....I hardly ever post on Jetsnation, or Chicity sports....but I practically live at Orangemane.com trolling those guys. I have made bets and played in fantasy leauges over there.  

3 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

My predictions last year turned out pretty good.  They are here in the archives somewhere.  

Can't find them so far...I found them on the Broncos board I post on...exact same ones...

NFC EAST
1. Dallas Cowboys 11-5 Zeke and Dak along with a stout D will win the division, on the strength of a 7-1 home record.
2. Philadelphia Eagles 10-6. A bit of super bowl hangover but they make the playoffs as wild card
3. New York Giants 6-10. They get Beckham back, and they drafted Barkley. Eli is still old.
4. Washington Redskins. 4-12. This is not a strong roster and it didn't get stronger this offseason.

AFC EAST
1. New England Patriots 11-5. Tom Brady still has something left. The rest of the roster is a bunch of guys that Brady and Belichick will make work. Rest of division is awful wich helps
2. New York Jets 7-9. Darnold gets his rookie year in taking some lumps. Bad roster.
3. Miami Dolphins 5-11. 2 of the wins are agains the Bills. Roster is in flux. Another team that didn't get better this offseason.
4. Buffalo Bills 2-14. They made a fluke playoff run last year, then traded more peices to go up for a QB who is a project. The offense is awful. Shady is getting older AND he's in trouble.

NFC NORTH
1. Minnesota Vikings. 12-4. Pretty much everyone is back with an upgrade at QB.
2. Green Bay Packers 10-6 Rodgers is back...he's about all they have but that's still alot.
3. Chicago Bears 6-10. Bears roster has been upgraded, but they only go as far as Trubisky can take them...wich isn't far.
4. Detroit Lions. 3-13. I don't think Matt Patricia will be a good head coach and I don't like the overall roster talent.

AFC NORTH
1. Pittsburg Steelers. 10-6 Antonio Brown. check. LeVeon Bell...eh....doesn't matter. Big Ben. Check. Another division title
2. Cincinatti Bengals 8-8. Some good players, but Dalton has some games where he drops off a cliff. Running game will be disappointing.
3. Baltimore Ravens. 6-10. Flacco sucks. Still not any big weapons on offense. Defense isn't great.
4. Cleveland Browns. 4-12. Everyone is all over the Browns to make the playoffs..no. But a 4 game improvement is in order.

NFC SOUTH
1. Atlanta Falcons. 12-4 The core of a very good team returns and they've done it all except win a superbowl.
2. New Orleans Saints. 10-6. Brees is still good, but they are missing Ingram for 4 games and their WR corps is suspect after Michael Thomas. D is decent.
3. Carolina Panthers. 9-7 McCaffrey is a fraud. Cam is good but not great. tough division.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 6-10. QB situation is chaos. Not the best roster talent on top of that.

AFC SOUTH
1. Indianapolis Colts. 10-6. Andrew Luck. When he's healthy, they can win even with a horrible roster.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars. 8-8. Yes, their D is still great, but their schedule really broke well for them last year.
3. Houston Texans. 7-9. That defense is a shadow of it's former self, and Watson has to stay healthy AND teams that can keep him in the pocket will beat him.
4. Tennesee Titans. 5-11. Mariotta sucks. Overall roster talent isn't very good. again, won't benefit from two games of Jacoby Brisset and Tom Savage.

NFC WEST
1. LA Rams. 11-5. Too much talent not to win it. Goff and Gurley with some regression.
2. Arizona Cardinals. 9-7. Enough talent to compete...
3. Seattle Seahawks. 7-9. Seems like their roster is full of other teams early round draft failures...Pete Carrolls last year.
4. San Francisco. 5-11. I don't beleive in Jimmy Garropollo. McKinnon being out for the year doesn't help...

AFC WEST
1. CHIEFS. 11-5. Cheifs were 5th in offense, yet one of the worst red zone teams in the NFL last year. Alex SMith only completed 44% of his red zone attempts. The D was bad and we still won 10 games. If you don't think Mahomes can't improve on the above stats, and that the D might be even slightly better, then I can't help you.
2. LA Chargers. 9-7. Team is loaded with talent...I think Rivers shows his age this year. No homefiled advatntage.
3. Denver Broncos 8-8. Added a journeyman QB to a 5-11 team...good for a 3 game improvement. That D is living off it's reputation at this point.
4. Las Vegas Raiders. 4-12. They probably weren't going to be a big threat WITH Mack...and they aren't a threat without him.

Playoffs
New England, Pittsburg, Indianapolis, KC, Chargers and Bengals AFC. Chiefs win AFC

Cowboys, Vikings, Falcons, Rams, Saints, Eagles. Vikings win NFC

Super Bowl. Chiefs over Vikings (again)

3 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Can't find them so far...I found them on the Broncos board I post on...exact same ones...

NFC EAST
1. Dallas Cowboys 11-5 Zeke and Dak along with a stout D will win the division, on the strength of a 7-1 home record.
2. Philadelphia Eagles 10-6. A bit of super bowl hangover but they make the playoffs as wild card
3. New York Giants 6-10. They get Beckham back, and they drafted Barkley. Eli is still old.
4. Washington Redskins. 4-12. This is not a strong roster and it didn't get stronger this offseason.

AFC EAST
1. New England Patriots 11-5. Tom Brady still has something left. The rest of the roster is a bunch of guys that Brady and Belichick will make work. Rest of division is awful wich helps
2. New York Jets 7-9. Darnold gets his rookie year in taking some lumps. Bad roster.
3. Miami Dolphins 5-11. 2 of the wins are agains the Bills. Roster is in flux. Another team that didn't get better this offseason.
4. Buffalo Bills 2-14. They made a fluke playoff run last year, then traded more peices to go up for a QB who is a project. The offense is awful. Shady is getting older AND he's in trouble.

NFC NORTH
1. Minnesota Vikings. 12-4. Pretty much everyone is back with an upgrade at QB.
2. Green Bay Packers 10-6 Rodgers is back...he's about all they have but that's still alot.
3. Chicago Bears 6-10. Bears roster has been upgraded, but they only go as far as Trubisky can take them...wich isn't far.
4. Detroit Lions. 3-13. I don't think Matt Patricia will be a good head coach and I don't like the overall roster talent.

AFC NORTH
1. Pittsburg Steelers. 10-6 Antonio Brown. check. LeVeon Bell...eh....doesn't matter. Big Ben. Check. Another division title
2. Cincinatti Bengals 8-8. Some good players, but Dalton has some games where he drops off a cliff. Running game will be disappointing.
3. Baltimore Ravens. 6-10. Flacco sucks. Still not any big weapons on offense. Defense isn't great.
4. Cleveland Browns. 4-12. Everyone is all over the Browns to make the playoffs..no. But a 4 game improvement is in order.

NFC SOUTH
1. Atlanta Falcons. 12-4 The core of a very good team returns and they've done it all except win a superbowl.
2. New Orleans Saints. 10-6. Brees is still good, but they are missing Ingram for 4 games and their WR corps is suspect after Michael Thomas. D is decent.
3. Carolina Panthers. 9-7 McCaffrey is a fraud. Cam is good but not great. tough division.
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers. 6-10. QB situation is chaos. Not the best roster talent on top of that.

AFC SOUTH
1. Indianapolis Colts. 10-6. Andrew Luck. When he's healthy, they can win even with a horrible roster.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars. 8-8. Yes, their D is still great, but their schedule really broke well for them last year.
3. Houston Texans. 7-9. That defense is a shadow of it's former self, and Watson has to stay healthy AND teams that can keep him in the pocket will beat him.
4. Tennesee Titans. 5-11. Mariotta sucks. Overall roster talent isn't very good. again, won't benefit from two games of Jacoby Brisset and Tom Savage.

NFC WEST
1. LA Rams. 11-5. Too much talent not to win it. Goff and Gurley with some regression.
2. Arizona Cardinals. 9-7. Enough talent to compete...
3. Seattle Seahawks. 7-9. Seems like their roster is full of other teams early round draft failures...Pete Carrolls last year.
4. San Francisco. 5-11. I don't beleive in Jimmy Garropollo. McKinnon being out for the year doesn't help...

AFC WEST
1. CHIEFS. 11-5. Cheifs were 5th in offense, yet one of the worst red zone teams in the NFL last year. Alex SMith only completed 44% of his red zone attempts. The D was bad and we still won 10 games. If you don't think Mahomes can't improve on the above stats, and that the D might be even slightly better, then I can't help you.
2. LA Chargers. 9-7. Team is loaded with talent...I think Rivers shows his age this year. No homefiled advatntage.
3. Denver Broncos 8-8. Added a journeyman QB to a 5-11 team...good for a 3 game improvement. That D is living off it's reputation at this point.
4. Las Vegas Raiders. 4-12. They probably weren't going to be a big threat WITH Mack...and they aren't a threat without him.

Playoffs
New England, Pittsburg, Indianapolis, KC, Chargers and Bengals AFC. Chiefs win AFC

Cowboys, Vikings, Falcons, Rams, Saints, Eagles. Vikings win NFC

Super Bowl. Chiefs over Vikings (again)

Ok. So you were pretty far off on many of your projections. Case in point, your Bills prediction. But plenty of other picks were off too.

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Again..I admit my KC bias....but, allow me to address some concerns you bring up.

1.  We've missed Mitch Morse even before he was gone.  Really good player when on the field, but he hasn't spent a lot of time on it the past few years.  The line was better when he played, but the offense was just fine when he didn't.  I don't think the guy we have now is better, but if he is healthy all year, that would be a plus.  

2. I can tell you that the off field stuff has NOT affected the cohesion of the team.  You'll have to take my word for it.  They are FINE.

3.  Backfield questions?  We actually rushed the ball for more yards per game, more yards per touch from the RB position with Damien Williams starting after Hunt was cut.  We are good.  Plus, I am not trying to be a homer...as just an objective observer (yes, I know none of you believe that) watch out for Darwin Thompson.  He is going to be a star.

The offense has a legit chance to set the NFL scoring record.  The question is going to be how well (or bad) the completely retooled defense is.  I am guessing it won't be as awful as it's been....but it's low bar to clear. 

4.  I am very well aware that a 50 TD 5000 yard season is just not something anyone should realisitcally expect to repeat.  I am also telling you that the Chiefs are going to throw more, have more weapons than last year if that's possible (they do....the previously mentioned Thompson..and Mecole Hardman is for real)  ....The regression, if there is one...won't be much.

As far as Jets and Bills....It won't be a popular opinion, but I like the Jets offense just a LITTLE bit more than the Bills.  I think Bell is way overpaid, but I think they will get alot of him as runner and reciever, and I like Robby Anderson as a wideout better than anything the Bills have.  I do think Beasely is going to really help Allen alot and I do think Allen is going to improve...I am just inclined to think that Allen takes a small step forward, If I liked your backs better, I'd put them over the Jets....to me both teams are kind of close...the Bills have the far better D, but I like the Jets O better.  It wouldn't take much of an argument to talk me into 9-7 for the Bills or 6-10 for the Jets...I kind of think they are both in that range.

You certainly do have KC bias. I doubt the no name players you mentioned are going to be as good as you think. But hey, you guys had a good year so if anyone gets to be optimistic it is you guys.

I personally see the Jets and the Bills in a similar light as you. I like Darnold and I think they will have a much improved team. I think the Bills will split with them. I think both teams will be in the 8-8 to 10-6 range. One might make the playoffs as a wild card.

Where I differ from you is on the opinion of Josh Allen. I've had to talk myself into supporting past Bills QB's, I am convinced that Allen is going to be good, and it hasn't taken a lot of convincing. His play speaks for itself (not the box scores or the stat lines). To really understand you have to go watch him closely. He's smart, he's coachable, he's a leader, he's a gamer, he's aggressive, he's got great arm talent, and he's an athletic freak. Add to all that his improved decision making and I guarantee be will be a good QB in this league for many years.

And I like Darnold too.

• Like (+1) 1