Zerovoltz 2019 Season Predictions

Zerovoltz

18 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

Only two reasons Bills would go 7-9 and not 10-6; Bad rash of injuries or Oline not improved.

..couldn't or wouldn't that be the SAME dilemma for any team?.....pre-season prognostications are bogus click bait.......injuries, cuts, releases/new signings, Vontae quits, PS promotions, etc are all predictable?....would be an interesting statistical exercise to see a 5 year window on pre-season prognostications versus ACTUAL FINISHES....can't help....too dumb...........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

21 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Your list is not all bad. Totally agree with basically all of your NFC picks, including the Lions lowball. The wagon wheels come off with your AFC picks however. Won't go through them all, but the pink elephant in the room is your KC homerism on full display--KC has unanswered questions on the line (miss Morse this year too), a backfield question and the unknown of all of the off-field drama and its impact on team cohesion, etc. Also not sure how the Jets wind up with more wins than the Bills this year, objectively speaking. Yes, they have a rusty Bell and good Darnold, but their line is trash and their FO dysfunction will catch up to boot. A coach who relies on smelling salts to get his groove on and under-performed in Miami--I'm not expecting big things. Apart from the AFC West and East sections, I'm good with the rest of it though.    

Again..I admit my KC bias....but, allow me to address some concerns you bring up.

1.  We've missed Mitch Morse even before he was gone.  Really good player when on the field, but he hasn't spent a lot of time on it the past few years.  The line was better when he played, but the offense was just fine when he didn't.  I don't think the guy we have now is better, but if he is healthy all year, that would be a plus.  

2. I can tell you that the off field stuff has NOT affected the cohesion of the team.  You'll have to take my word for it.  They are FINE.

3.  Backfield questions?  We actually rushed the ball for more yards per game, more yards per touch from the RB position with Damien Williams starting after Hunt was cut.  We are good.  Plus, I am not trying to be a homer...as just an objective observer (yes, I know none of you believe that) watch out for Darwin Thompson.  He is going to be a star.

The offense has a legit chance to set the NFL scoring record.  The question is going to be how well (or bad) the completely retooled defense is.  I am guessing it won't be as awful as it's been....but it's low bar to clear. 

4.  I am very well aware that a 50 TD 5000 yard season is just not something anyone should realisitcally expect to repeat.  I am also telling you that the Chiefs are going to throw more, have more weapons than last year if that's possible (they do....the previously mentioned Thompson..and Mecole Hardman is for real)  ....The regression, if there is one...won't be much.

As far as Jets and Bills....It won't be a popular opinion, but I like the Jets offense just a LITTLE bit more than the Bills.  I think Bell is way overpaid, but I think they will get alot of him as runner and reciever, and I like Robby Anderson as a wideout better than anything the Bills have.  I do think Beasely is going to really help Allen alot and I do think Allen is going to improve...I am just inclined to think that Allen takes a small step forward, If I liked your backs better, I'd put them over the Jets....to me both teams are kind of close...the Bills have the far better D, but I like the Jets O better.  It wouldn't take much of an argument to talk me into 9-7 for the Bills or 6-10 for the Jets...I kind of think they are both in that range.

56 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

Dude, Andy Reid will lose 50 pounds before the Chiefs go 19 - 0.  In other words, it ain't happening.  Also, there is Pittsburg, KS and Pittsburgh, PA.  We talking Gorillas or Steelers?

Uh-oh.  You obviously missed his new look on the sidelines this preseason.  He's not quite svelte but he looks like he's lost a considerable amount of weight already.  I believe a couple of commentators mentioned this during a broadcast.

4 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Uh-oh.  You obviously missed his new look on the sidelines this preseason.  He's not quite svelte but he looks like he's lost a considerable amount of weight already.  I believe a couple of commentators mentioned this during a broadcast.

Good for him.  I guess the Chiefs are going 19 - 0!

AFC West

1.Kansas City Chiefs 16-0

If ever there was an offense built that could accomplish the feat of going 16-0, it’s this one.  Speed and more speed with Mahomes…they will score at will.  The question will be the defense…it’s new and differnent…but is it better?  Can it possibly be worse?  I don’t see how.  Add in top notch special teams and if the D is even 22nd or better, watch out.

Suprise Suprise Suprise

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

Good for him.  I guess the Chiefs are going 19 - 0!

I'm sure Zerovoltz will take 18-1 or 17-2 if they win the one that counts, their last one. 

I think it's very possible that if the Chiefs don't go 16-0 in the regular season, they may very well still win 14 or 15 games.