McDermott to be fired?

18 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/08/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-most-likely-to-get-fired-after-disastrous-season-says-espn.html

The Hate is Real. 

Still, anticipation and expectations are at an all time post ‘99 high. What happens if our record is worse than last year? 

How far has ESPN fallen?

"Is Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott on the hot seat entering 2019?

In a word-No."

So...?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

He comes off as a good defensive coach who struggles to understand offense. 

Just a lot of head scratching offensive personnel moves since hes arrived here.

And if it all comes together with this group, this year and into the future, will it be because he finally "gets it" or because the QB?

5 hours ago, DCofNC said:

I agree, I have been saying it quite a bit, this team gets destroyed on a pretty regular basis.. That should not happen.  New England loses some games, but its very rare they are severly beaten down.  The team lost by 2td or more 4 times last year alone and most of the wins were by a score or less.   The talent is weak, I get it.  BUT, back to a great coach, which should be the goal, NE has had some horrible Defensive teams and a lot of scrap heap offensive players too and they are the undisputed king of football..  I haven't seen any indication McClappy is taking this team anywhere great.  If they hit bottom again, he should go.  If he fufills every homer's dream and wins the division, then Im happy to be wrong.

Why do all haters say this, like it makes being such a downer all okay? So if the Bills win a Super Bowl you'll be a bigger man and come around? :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Why do all haters say this, like it makes being such a downer all okay? So if the Bills win a Super Bowl you'll be a bigger man and come around? :lol:

As evidenced, Beane is not afraid to augment this roster with some impact free agents or trades. We can see what he is trying to do. When the right opportinity presents itself, He will act.

14 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

And then they are more often than not, spot on about the Bills..... just have to prove it, FOR ONCE, on the field. 

Go win games. 

No they aren't spot on. Two years ago, when we made the playoffs, we were NEVER even close to being mentioned as a better team. Last year was a throwaway year because the media knew we were in cap hell and had a rookie QB in the mix and starting Peterman, another new guy. Even during the Super Bowl days we got the short shrift, and Miami almost always getting the nod over us to win the division. The media has NEVER given us enough credit, nor will they. There is an inherent bias towards other teams and lazy predictions based on last years results. Sure we have a couple of supporters out there, but let's face it, a majority are going to dump on us.

18 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not a believer in McD, not a downer.  I'm pumped for the season, hopeful the jump comes and we get to enjoy the post season in a real way this year.   My personal opinion is McD has done a hot pile of nothing so far.  He has continually struggled with clock management, in game decisions, challenges and in game adjustments ( though in theory we can blame coordinators for that, I still blame their boss for not calling for them).  He seems to be great at building a culture and reasonably good at defensive scheming, particularly with the secondary.  His incompetence in recognizing offensive talent lead to No Maholmes or Watson, Zay over Juju and leaves us still begging the question, is Allen THE man or are we looking at more mediocrity for the media to beat on? 

6 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I'm not a believer in McD, not a downer.  I'm pumped for the season, hopeful the jump comes and we get to enjoy the post season in a real way this year.   My personal opinion is McD has done a hot pile of nothing so far.  He has continually struggled with clock management, in game decisions, challenges and in game adjustments ( though in theory we can blame coordinators for that, I still blame their boss for not calling for them).  He seems to be great at building a culture and reasonably good at defensive scheming, particularly with the secondary.  His incompetence in recognizing offensive talent lead to No Maholmes or Watson, Zay over Juju and leaves us still begging the question, is Allen THE man or are we looking at more mediocrity for the media to beat on? 

If you ignore all the positives and progress the team has made, then you are correct. He's done nothing. 

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you ignore all the positives and progress the team has made, then you are correct. He's done nothing. 

I'm sorry, but one seasonal blip where the ball ALWAYS bounced your way somehow, and you won a couple extra games does. It spell progress when the next year you returned right back to mediocre.  Blame it on the QB, but HE MADE THE CALL on starting Peterman and not bothering to hold on to McCarron.  That forced the rookie who wasnt supposed to play into the spot light and it was his D that got blown out 4 games of the season.. 

Culture, yes he has something going.

Results, no.

No one is more "Spot On" about the Bills than the Bills community. Over the years, the Bills have taken us to the precipice and back and we have seen it all. Outsiders (who we can count on to misinform us anyway) sit back and base everything on trends and statistics, popularity etc. When the Bills start consistently winning again, it may shut them up for awhile, but thats the way it will always be.

8 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I'm sorry, but one seasonal blip where the ball ALWAYS bounced your way somehow, and you won a couple extra games does. It spell progress when the next year you returned right back to mediocre.  Blame it on the QB, but HE MADE THE CALL on starting Peterman and not bothering to hold on to McCarron.  That forced the rookie who wasnt supposed to play into the spot light and it was his D that got blown out 4 games of the season.. 

Culture, yes he has something going.

Results, no.

You can carry a sign with all that during the Super Bowl parade.

22 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I'm pumped for the season

I bet you are. <_<

Edited by PromoTheRobot

This guy Burke is a true idiot.

His entire article is based upon a false premise--if Bills go 4-12.

Thats like me writing an article stating if Brian Burke gets seen receiving oral sex from a tranny hooker in a bathroom on Chipewa Street then he has a 98% likelihood of being fired.

Whereas if the same scenario were applied to Jerry Sullivan he'd only have a 94% chance of being fired.  Probably because he doesnt have a real job.

• Haha (+1) 1