McDermott to be fired?

56 minutes ago, hemma said:

I’m aghast at your contempt for the Best of all the Beans.

Insert ‘boiled, creamed cauliflour’ and we’d be in synch.

First, boiled, creamed cauliflower should not even be a thing in this great country. Second, how dare you denigrate the greatness that is the black bean. In NO WAY can it be behind the nasty Lima bean! 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

First, boiled, creamed cauliflower should not even be a thing in this great country. Second, how dare you denigrate the greatness that is the black bean. In NO WAY can it be behind the nasty Lima bean! 

Hold on now.  Creamed boiled cauliflower, put some butter in it, salt and pepper, you got something.  Like grits, you can’t just eat it by itself.  

And black bean vs. lima bean is really not a topic anyone with a single taste bud in their head should question.  Black bean rules.

1 minute ago, wppete said:

ESPN is a joke. Complete nonesense.

They are a classic example of figuring out what you’re doing right, then fixing it.

4 hours ago, ddaryl said:

well it says if the Bills end up with a 4 - 12 season he has a 73% chance of being fired.

not much really being said here

Yeah, it is about as weak an attempt at sports journalism as I've seen.  The premise is about as pointless as it can be.  How many people actually  expect Buffalo to have an historically bad season?  Hopefully, the Bills can put that notion to rest in the first four or five games of the season.

4 hours ago, Augie said:

What are the odds of Belichick getting fired if he goes 0-16? Would you rather be eaten by a shark or a bear? The world is full of important questions like this. Thankfully, we have ESPN to turn to for answers! 

Not really a comparable question obviously.

12 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Hold on now.  Creamed boiled cauliflower, put some butter in it, salt and pepper, you got something.  Like grits, you can’t just eat it by itself.  

And black bean vs. lima bean is really not a topic anyone with a single taste bud in their head should question.  Black bean rules.

They are a classic example of figuring out what you’re doing right, then fixing it.

My wife just texted she’s returning a day early from Boston to meet the CFO who will be coming to Atlanta for a couple days. The CFO is a NYC lady in her 30’s and my wife it picking her up at 7:15an to take her to the OK Cafe (for the local folks) so she can see where business is done, and eat some grits. In NYC they call it polenta and double the price!   ?

5 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Tell whoever Brian Burke is to put his $$$ where his mouth is, I'll take as much action as he wants on McD being 73% getting fired. I can get +3500 right now.

Dawg, I’d rather read anything GreggTX writes over ESPN.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

So Colin Cowherd ALSO thinks the Bills are not a good team and Sam Darnold can do no wrong... he goes out of his way to point out that we are in that "bad team club".

It's ALWAYS been this way though... whether or not it's Miami, the Cheatriots, the Jets, we're always dumped on. It's chronic with the national media. They don't pay attention to what moves we made... all they see is last years team and mail the prediction in.

5 hours ago, CBD said:

If they go 4-12 no one here thinks it should be a consideration?

I can definitely see a scenario, this season, which results in McBeane going out the door in favor of an organizational reset.  I've been saying that for a couple of years leading up to this year.

It depends largely on how the team looks, what our record is, and most importantly, what Allen looks like.

1 hour ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So Colin Cowherd ALSO thinks the Bills are not a good team and Sam Darnold can do no wrong... he goes out of his way to point out that we are in that "bad team club".

It's ALWAYS been this way though... whether or not it's Miami, the Cheatriots, the Jets, we're always dumped on. It's chronic with the national media. They don't pay attention to what moves we made... all they see is last years team and mail the prediction in.

I just can’t believe of you really believe the media is out the Bills.  I think most non Bills fans think Darnold is a better qb than Allen and is a safer bet. Doesn’t mean it’s true but it’s understandable.  And Bell is annoying but he was arguably the best all around rb 2 years ago.  

When the Bills are good (see when they made the playoffs or had the hot Trent and Fitz starts), they get plenty of love. In fact, I think the media might root for us more when we’re good because of our fans and we are the underdogs.  If we are good, we will get plenty of love.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The record is everything.?

First of all this is a better team than the past 3 seasons and they are not going to be some crap 4-12 team.  9-7 to 10-6 is possible this season.  If JA tanks they will still be improved from last season an finish like 7-9.  Still an improvement over last season.  

7 hours ago, DCofNC said:

If they go 4-12, he should be fired.  19 - 29 for 3 years ain't gonna cut it.  Unless Beane has some serious Beans, I think McClappy is here on a Marvin Lewis type term.

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

The record is everything.?

McD is 10-15 since that start in 2017 and over those games his team has been outscored by almost 200 points.  Not to mention, 8 of those 15 losses were blowouts.  

PF / PA

2017: 151-244 (weeks 7 thru 17)

2018: 269-374

People also tend to forget that at the 2018 mid-season, Buffalo's offense was among the league's worst since rule changes to favor passing were implemented in 1978.  Through 9 games they'd scored all of 96 points.  

In most cities, being .500 or within 1 win and missing the playoffs in year 3 gets you fired.  Despite the track record, I doubt T/K Pegs would fire McD.  They want to avoid the hiring process given the HC hires for both their teams.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/08/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-most-likely-to-get-fired-after-disastrous-season-says-espn.html

The Hate is Real. 

Still, anticipation and expectations are at an all time post ‘99 high. What happens if our record is worse than last year? 

How far has ESPN fallen?

It’s really SAD how pathetic espn has become  and this has nothing to do with This article or the Bills in general, 

espn USED to be my ( BY FAR ) favorite channel in the 90’s  with Chris B Stuart Scott and the company,  now the only way I’ll watch espn is maybe if the Yankees are on that’s IT , 

• Like (+1) 2