McDermott to be fired?

1 hour ago, RochesterRob said:

They are thinking back to the last decade of Ralph running the team with the coach gone 3 years or less after he was hired.  That aside Buffalo is so unimportant to ESPN that they never looked past a quick Wiki of the team's coaching history.  Sloppy reporting/analysis.

There was a difference then too in that yes they'd fire the coaching staff, but still had the same GM or a protege of him so the roster stayed more constant, therefore improvement was expected.   From the GM's eyes, the players I drafted are great, must be the coach sucks.  This time everything turned over so not the quick turn around expectations there either.

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/08/buffalo-bills-sean-mcdermott-most-likely-to-get-fired-after-disastrous-season-says-espn.html

The Hate is Real. 

Still, anticipation and expectations are at an all time post ‘99 high. What happens if our record is worse than last year? 

How far has ESPN fallen?

Great title NOT

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

You sad, sad little man, Chandler!

You fail to realize the iron clad grips on their coaching jobs Matt Patricia has in Detroit and Mike Vrabel has in Tennessee.?

Honest to goodness how are they still alive as a reporting institution?

Please don't anyone tell me it is click bate, because no job would be so worth sullying my own name with useless, thoughtless, tripe.

Is “sullying” a reference to a former BN reporter who wrote similar crap. I like it. I have really enjoyed not being “ sullied” this season!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

Tell whoever Brian Burke is to put his $$$ where his mouth is, I'll take as much action as he wants on McD being 73% getting fired. I can get +3500 right now.

Brian Burke is founder of the website AdvancedFootballAnalytics (never been there) and is basically one of those people who think you can treat football like baseball.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

You do understand that it assumes a 4-12 season ?

That's what makes it so pointless. There's no evidence to suggest that the Bills will go 4-12, so he's done an analysis of something based on a very unlikely assumption.

If you really want to calculate the probability of McD getting fired, first start with the probability that the Bills win fewer than five games. Let's say that's a 20% chance. So if, according to the writer's so-called analytics, there's a 73% chance that he gets fired for going 4-12 and there's a 20% chance of him going 4-12 (or worse), then the actual probability of him being fired is 14.6% Not a very enticing headline, is it?

Just now, PlayoffsPlease said:

when we get to 4-11, lets talk. Prior to that, its mentally challenged concept. 

LMAO at 'oh, you didn't read the whole thing...he's talking about a 4-12 team'. That 73% figure is something someone pulled from thin air because people will read it and think it's 'analytical'. It's bad math plus bad football. 

If this team goes 4-12 it's because of injuries, period. Combine that with McDermott has a ton of buy in from management. If they finish at 4-12 I will book anyone here as much as they want at 3-1 he isn't the first guy fired.

McD and Beane have both created an amazing college like atmosphere that is catching on with all the players based on what we can see.  Regardless of record over the next few years you don't fire leaders who are doing what's best for the players, organization and fans in creating a winning atmosphere.   We should make a poll to help show our support of them!   Keep up the hard work and progress toward a Championship for all Bills fans.

Love what I'm seeming from this leadership!  

Go Bills!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

That's what makes it so pointless. There's no evidence to suggest that the Bills will go 4-12, so he's done an analysis of something based on a very unlikely assumption.

If you really want to calculate the probability of McD getting fired, first start with the probability that the Bills win fewer than five games. Let's say that's a 20% chance. So if, according to the writer's so-called analytics, there's a 73% chance that he gets fired for going 4-12 and there's a 20% chance of him going 4-12 (or worse), then the actual probability of him being fired is 14.6% Not a very enticing headline, is it?

He did the same analysis for every single team. Its pretty obvious that all teams can't go 4-12.  Its whats called a "what if". its a game. Games can be fun.  People that take games too seriously end up feeling badly a lot. 

Edited by PlayoffsPlease

1 hour ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

So basically 2% of 73%....ESPN has become the National Enquirer of sports.

Because Fox Sports is so much better!!! 

Step 1 on anything negative about the Bills, attack the credibility of the source.  

Step 2 completely misread what is being said.  

I don’t think there is anyway the Bills are going 4-12.  But if they do, why in the world would you keep McDermott?  People treat the guy like he’s the next Belichick here.  What innovative thighs has he shown that he can’t be replaced?

we aren’t going 4-12 so this is all moot.  McDermott is a nice guy but I haven’t really seen anything elite about his coaching style.  There are like 5 head coaches who matter in the NFL.