Guilty Pleasures

What things do you enjoy watching, listening to, etc. that you know you shouldn't, but you do anyway? 

One for me, Larry the Cable Guy. I understand it's low brow humor. I personally love witty, dry thoughtful humor. I know he's far from that. But there's just something about him that make me laugh. 

39 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

What things do you enjoy watching, listening to, etc. that you know you shouldn't, but you do anyway? 

One for me, Larry the Cable Guy. I understand it's low brow humor. I personally love witty, dry thoughtful humor. I know he's far from that. But there's just something about him that make me laugh. 

Not directed at you but I’m starting not to like the phrase guilty pleasures.  If you like something why feel guilty about it?

But I liked and listened to Carly Rae Jepsen’s Emotion album recently.  I guess that’s more unconventional for a guy my age 

44 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Was given free tickets to see Larry the Cable guy at Seneca Niagara. I pi$$ed and moaned about going. I never cared for that red neck comedy gang.

But Dinner at the steak house was included and the people who gave them to us were family (gamblers).

Also didn't know tickets would be 8th row center.

Laughed my a$$ off.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Honestly, I used to hate disco. Then I gave it a real listen. I hate the culture that surrounds it, but musically it's actually really good. 

Disco has some very nice, very tight bass playing in it.  And it's happy music.  I love it.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

Disco has some very nice, very tight bass playing in it.  And it's happy music.  I love it.

Most people who lived through that era will trash disco, but listen to Another One Bites the Dust and Miss You, which are disco songs that happen to have been recorded by primarily rock bands. It's all about the branding.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Most people who lived through that era will trash disco, but listen to Another One Bites the Dust and Miss You, which are disco songs that happen to have been recorded by primarily rock bands. It's all about the branding.

The worst rock/disco song was "I Was Made For Lovin' You," by KISS.  Cringe-worthy.

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Isn't your favorite song "Glory Hole in Studio 54"?

Nope.  It's a lesser known song called, "I'm Going to Kick Your Ass at Hammer's Lot Next Month."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia. I rarely buy it, because once I start I just can’t stop. And I eat VERY little crappy food. It’s my weak spot. (Well, it’s on the long list....) 

3 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Nope.  It's a lesser known song called, "I'm Going to Kick Your Ass at Hammer's Lot Next Month."

Will that be on PPV?