Wait What?? @ESPN votes Ed Oliver the MVP of Bills Camp

3 hours ago, CLTbills said:

ESPN also has Coach McDermott ranked highest on the list of "coaches on the hot seat" with a 73% chance of being fired after this season, so there's that. When anybody who has even remotely followed this team knows that unless we go 4-12, McDermott is going absolutely nowhere.

I've stopped putting basically any stock in anything that ESPN says about the Bills.

Well, that is exactly what the article was...the way you explained it is very misleading.

If the Bills go 4-12, there is a 73% chance McDermott gets fired...that is what the article said.

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fine but About half the NFL coaches would go before McDermott if they went 4-12 so to put him at #1 is asinine, imo.  You think Jason Garret or Maronne would survive 4-12, aint not way.  The only coaches that would be safe would be yr one coaches and some of them would be vulnerable.  I think if the Bils went 4-12, depending how badly, McDermott would survive.

Marrone was second to McDermott. (Flores was third.)

And going 4-12 would be another step in the wrong direction for the Bills...after going 9-7 and then 6-10.

Edited by JustWinPlease

3 hours ago, CLTbills said:

ESPN also has Coach McDermott ranked highest on the list of "coaches on the hot seat" with a 73% chance of being fired after this season, so there's that. When anybody who has even remotely followed this team knows that unless we go 4-12, McDermott is going absolutely nowhere.

I've stopped putting basically any stock in anything that ESPN says about the Bills.

Incorrect. It was phrased as "If they have a disastrous season" which coach would most likely be fired. Still disagree, but it's a big difference.

Cossell said there were some plays where Oliver struggled in the Colts game. Said he played well overall and was going against a good player in Nelson. He also prefaced it by saying he knows Bills fans will overreact to even that. Thanks for proving him right guys!

Edited by Chemical

qvejzmoyqdoipqlmovoa.jpg

How newly formed relationships with teammates are helping Ed Oliver’s game flourish

“Jordan (Phillips) was the first guy’s house I went over to and he had the dog over there,” said Oliver. “He had the bite suit on and ever since then he’s been cool.

He likes dogs and I like dogs too, so that’s how we connect. He likes cars and I like cars. He’s got a Raptor and I’ve got a Ford 250. That’s another way that we’re similar.”

For Oliver it was new ground for him. The player with whom he was going to be in direct competition with for a starting job opened his home to him.

At training camp, Oliver made more of a point to open up with his teammates, which was further enhanced when former Bills DT Kyle Williams spent five days at training camp to mentor the rookie.

“I think those days with Kyle were really beneficial for a few reasons,” said defensive coordinator Leslie Frazier. “From a football standpoint the fundamentals and techniques were all important.

He has a ton of respect for Kyle. I remember when we came down to visit him pre-draft he was asking us questions about Kyle. He was familiar with him. So when Kyle arrived he was hanging on every word.

Everything that Kyle talked about, technique, preparation, it was all very beneficial. Hopefully we keep those two guys in touch.” 

Not surprisingly, as Oliver interacted more with his veteran teammates his personal game became more disruptive on the field.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Chemical said:

Incorrect. It was phrased as "If they have a disastrous season" which coach would most likely be fired. Still disagree, but it's a big difference.

Cossell said there were some plays where Oliver struggled in the Colts game. Said he played well overall and was going against a good player in Nelson. He also prefaced it by saying he knows Bills fans will overreact to even that. Thanks for proving him right guys!

...conversely, which coaches would be INSULATED from the "hot seat" with a disastrous season?.....Worldwide Leader in Sports?......they need Rachel Madcow on Sportscenter.....

37 minutes ago, elroy16 said:

Damn I am pumped about Oliver and his future. The pre-draft character concerns look like nothing at this point. He's doing everything he's supposed to be doing. I can't wait to see him reach his potential. 

This not only gets me more excited about Ed, it makes me LOVE Kyle even more. He doesn’t have to be there helping like that. He could be home with the wife and kids. He’s retired.  He’s the real deal, the true professional team player. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

NFL Nation is the collection of Tweets / Bloggers 

do I need to add ...  for every team 

Better than my answer.

ESPN head quarters 3rd floor, down the hall and to the left of the ladies room.

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it's pretty clear that Oliver is on a learning curve.  He's returning to the 3 tech position after spending last year as an undersized nose tackle.  He is coming into the NFL as a player whose athleticism was so far above most of those he played with and against that he did not need a great deal of work on technique.  That's no longer true.  I'm not sure where ESPN is coming from, but he has brought plenty of energy and passion with him to the Bills.  He knows he's got work to do and he is doing it, but it's not going to happen overnight.  He's going to be fine.