Wait What?? @ESPN votes Ed Oliver the MVP of Bills Camp

2. Matt Milano predicted to be Buffalo's breakout player by SB Nation

3. How newly acquired OL Ryan Bates adds versatility to o-line

and more 

Direct Link 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-today-espn-votes-ed-oliver-as-the-team-s-mvp-of-training-camp

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

After I read  Cossell & others said he was struggling in camp makes perfect sense.

Who voted on this, what exactly or who is the ESPN NFL Nation?

And Milano the breakout player?  He already broke out (figuratively with his leg) last year?

Im thinking breakout at the next level...like Pro Bowl and not an alternate.  Starting to become recognized by more than just Bills fans.

8 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

I have no doubt as to Oliver’s future success, but to anoint him as camp’s MVP? A stretch, imho. 

Based on the reports, I would say the MVP was Beasley.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

After I read  Cossell & others said he was struggling in camp makes perfect sense.

Who voted on this, what exactly or who is the ESPN NFL Nation?

And Milano the breakout player?  He already broke out (figuratively with his leg) last year?

NFL Nation is the collection of Tweets / Bloggers 

do I need to add ...  for every team 

• Like (+1) 1

ESPN also has Coach McDermott ranked highest on the list of "coaches on the hot seat" with a 73% chance of being fired after this season, so there's that. When anybody who has even remotely followed this team knows that unless we go 4-12, McDermott is going absolutely nowhere.

I've stopped putting basically any stock in anything that ESPN says about the Bills.

Edited by CLTbills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

ESPN also has Coach McDermott ranked highest on the list of "coaches on the hot seat" with a 73% chance of being fired after this season, so there's that. When anybody who has even remotely followed this team knows that unless we go 4-12, McDermott is going absolutely nowhere.

I've stopped putting basically any stock in anything that ESPN says about the Bills.

they are idiots 

McD would have to drive this team to less than 6 wins to get fired 

• Thank you (+1) 3

Despite my many years of watching football I'll be the first to admit that I'm very average at evaluating players, but I wasn't particularly impressed with Ed Oliver in the two games so far. When I heard Cossell talk about him being engulfed I was a bit shocked as I've not really heard anyone else so far who saw what I saw. 

Hope I'm wrong and he takes Darnold's head off in week one

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Despite my many years of watching football I'll be the first to admit that I'm very average at evaluating players, but I wasn't particularly impressed with Ed Oliver in the two games so far. When I heard Cossell talk about him being engulfed I was a bit shocked as I've not really heard anyone else so far who saw what I saw. 

Hope I'm wrong and he takes Darnold's head off in week one

He was being double teamed and STILL got a hand up to block a pass!!! 

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/ed-oliver-deflects-third-down-throw

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

The article was specifically about "what if" every team went 4-12. Based on historical trends (year 3, worse record every year) he would be the most likely to get canned. It was a bizarre topic to be sure, but in no way was it a prediction that he was on the hot seat.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, 416BillsFan said:

The article was specifically about "what if" every team went 4-12. Based on historical trends (year 3, worse record every year) he would be the most likely to get canned. It was a bizarre topic to be sure, but in no way was it a prediction that he was on the hot seat.

Fine but About half the NFL coaches would go before McDermott if they went 4-12 so to put him at #1 is asinine, imo.  You think Jason Garret or Maronne would survive 4-12, aint not way.  The only coaches that would be safe would be yr one coaches and some of them would be vulnerable.  I think if the Bils went 4-12, depending how badly, McDermott would survive.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Fine but About half the NFL coaches would go before McDermott if they went 4-12 so to put him at #1 is asinine, imo.  You think Jason Garret or Maronne would survive 4-12, aint not way.  The only coaches that would be safe would be yr one coaches and some of them would be vulnerable.  I think if the Bils went 4-12, depending how badly, McDermott would survive.

I agree--I feel like Kim & Terry are so invested with this regime right now and in lockstep with it, that McD would really have to wilt in the spotlight before there would be any rumblings beneath his seat. 

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

The only way he'd go is if he 'lost' the team, which I cant imagine happening given his style and his relationship with the players. So even if they were 4-11 heading into the final week, they'd still play hard and give it everything, in which case I'm sure Terry and Kim would put it down to stuff other than the head coach (coodinators, bad luck, Belichick voodoo or something).

The co-ordinators would probably go, but not McDermott. He'd need a really poor 2020 on top of that to get fired.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, CLTbills said:

Theyre clearly outsourcing their sports writing to India to milk what’s left of the brand 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1