Sign in to follow this  
DaBillsFanSince1973

Bills Practice - Tuesday Edition

2 minutes ago, nucci said:

Is it still considered training camp even though they are back at the stadium?

Get used to it.

19 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Damn. And I just bought two black suits for $199 at Men's Warehouse for his and Robert Foster's funerals. 

Even if they manage to survive these life threatening injuries, that's a pretty classy move of you to buy a black suit for each of them instead of just wearing the same one at both. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Not a big Spain fan or Long.... they flash at times but are not very good at pass pro....

I don’t see anyone unseating Spain at this point. But Feliciano needs to be a RG ASAP....

Don't dismiss Teller just yet, he's been having a strong camp, played very well in the 2 games

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Get used to it.

I know but just wondering what they consider the end of camp since they left Rochester

10 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

Not a big Spain fan or Long.... they flash at times but are not very good at pass pro....

I don’t see anyone unseating Spain at this point. But Feliciano needs to be a RG ASAP....

Are we better off this year compared to last

Mission Accomplished... No way you pick up 4+ brand new OL and have all 4 play at that special level... Blocking schemes and gel time should allow more improvement as season wears on... Overall no denying our OL is better than the year before. 

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Even if they manage to survive these life threatening injuries, that's a pretty classy move of you to buy a black suit for each of them instead of just wearing the same one at both. 

They had their annual Bills Training Camp Mortal Wound Clearance Sale. 

13 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

Mission Accomplished... No way you pick up 4+ brand new OL and have all 4 play at that special level... Blocking schemes and gel time should allow more improvement as season wears on... Overall no denying our OL is better than the year before. 

Being better than last year doesn't make it good....last year's line was awful

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I agree, I think it’s also really important to remember this. Spain is a great run blocker, but weaker in the pass game. We have been throwing at a much higher percentage in the preseason than I anticipate we will in the regular season. 

The lack of a balanced offense thus far has highlighted his weakness. When the real games start and it’s closer to 50/50 run/pass, I expect the narrative on Spain to change some. He’s just not getting many chances to do what he does best.

If Spain is our worst starting OL, we’ve come a long way.

Edited by Juice_32
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, nucci said:

I know but just wondering what they consider the end of camp since they left Rochester

I believe the last day of training camp was the last joint practice

• Thanks! (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Being better than last year doesn't make it good....last year's line was awful

What ?

Re-read what I posted. We are much better than last year and there was no scenario where you were going to bring in the  4+ new OL and have them all playing at some All Pro -SB level 2 games in to preseason.

We are better than last year on the OL that is a solid accomplishment alone... Fail to see why you think this year OL is still going to be awful and not good ? Because that is basically what you are saying that they are better but still not good

Edited by ddaryl

1 minute ago, ddaryl said:

What ?

Re-read what I posted. We are much better than last year and there was no scenario where you were going to bring in the  4+ new OL and have them all playing at some All Pro -SB level 2 games in to preseason.

We are better than last year on the OL that is a solid accomplishment alone... Fail to see why you think this year OL is still going to be awful and not good ? Because that is basically what you are saying that they are better but still not good

Re-read what I posted. I didn't say this years line was going to be awful . I said last years was. I also said being better than last year doesn't mean it will be good this year

Just now, nucci said:

Re-read what I posted. I didn't say this years line was going to be awful . I said last years was. I also said being better than last year doesn't mean it will be good this year

It also means that it could be a really good unit too.  We will have to wait until Sunday's come around.

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Incomplete   

Send it to NY for review

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

you said being better than last year does not mean good. How else would anyone take that statement.

If you had more to elaborate on you failed to do that I could only deduce that you are unhappy with our OL and do not feel we will be Good.. Yes you seem to agree that we are better but you don't feel we are good because of Spain and Long

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

It also means that it could be a really good unit too.  We will have to wait until Sunday's come around.

I know

Just now, ddaryl said:

you said being better than last year does not mean good. How else would anyone take that statement.

If you had more to elaborate on you failed to do that I could only deduce that you are unhappy with our OL and do not feel we will be Good.. Yes you seem to agree that we are better but you don't feel we are good because of Spain and Long

Yeah, sorry I replied. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

I think there is no question the TALENT is better on the offensive line

Feel much better about the OL coach as well

They need to prove it on the field of course

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

so being better then last year, doesn't mean it will be good this year?

that doesn't look right.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

so being better then last year, doesn't mean it will be good this year?

that doesn't look right.

I should stop but if the Bills were 0-16 last year and finish 1-15 this year...they would be better but they still wouldn't be good....

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, nucci said:

I should stop but if the Bills were 0-16 last year and finish 1-15 this year...they would be better but they still wouldn't be good....

well, okay.