NFL Preseason Power Rankings: Patriots, Rams, Saints lead way

MJS

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

That's nuts.  I get they're a big market and are viewed as a team on the rise.....but no team should have two MNF home games.

The League loves to broadcast from its home base. Says something though that they believe the G-Men will stink far more than the JESTS. 

19 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

23rd feels fair, as does the explanation. The Bills can certainly rise from there but I have no issue with that as the starting point.

I agree.  Two rankings I think are too high, based on preseason play, are the Niners and Panthers.  Unless Garoppolo plays up to the contract he got and Cam comes back as good as ever, these two teams are going to be drafting top 5 in 2020.   I think that Indy is a bit too high given Luck's physical problems, but if they get him back early enough, they'll be fine.

19 hours ago, HamSandwhich said:

Poor word usage. It’s a blight on journalism these days. Trying to get something out too quickly. 

Journalism has ALWAYS been about trying to get something out as fast as possible.  The problem is that human editors with good spelling/grammar skills have been replaced by spell and grammar checkers -- and that's not limited to journalism. 

16 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

I've never gotten all the love the Jets have received this preseason. We're better than they are and alot of praise has been thrust upon them. I mean what the hell have they done?

What  the hell have the Bills done to justify being considered better than the Jets?    The Jets brought in a new offensive minded HC, their 2nd year QB was mechanically a better passer than Allen, and they added a marquee RB and a WR about as good as the two veterans the Bills added.   Nobody knows if either the Bills or Jets OLs will be as improved as fans hope.

6 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Belichick & Brady are done. 

Famous. Last. Words.

Edited by SoTier
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, SoTier said:

I agree.  Two rankings I think are too high, based on preseason play, are the Niners and Panthers.  Unless Garoppolo plays up to the contract he got and Cam comes back as good as ever, these two teams are going to be drafting top 5 in 2020.   I think that Indy is a bit too high given Luck's physical problems, but if they get him back early enough, they'll be fine.

Journalism has ALWAYS been about trying to get something out as fast as possible.  The problem is that human editors with good spelling/grammar skills have been replaced by spell and grammar checkers -- and that's not limited to journalism. 

What  the hell have the Bills done to justify being considered better than the Jets?    The Jets brought in a new offensive minded HC, their 2nd year QB was mechanically a better passer than Allen, and they added a marquee RB and a WR about as good as the two veterans the Bills added.   Nobody knows if either the Bills or Jets OLs will be as improved as fans hope.

Famous. Last. Words.

Sure I’ll grant you that they have been about that but the game has changed in the information era. The timeframe for which the be the first to get the info out has become razor thin. I think that has more to do with it. But I digress, we’re getting off topic. 

49 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Famous. Last. Words.

I agree on both the 49ers and Panthers. Some teams are going to be bad and both of those teams make sense to me. I’m going under on both of their win totals.

2 hours ago, SoTier said:

Famous. Last. Words.

You mean other than finishing better than the Jets by at least 2 games in the standings the last 3 years. Or, making the playoffs of which the Jets haven't gotten a sniff of. And, BTW didn't we outscore them 64-37 in 2 games last year and outgain them 817-443.

Don't tell me that they should get credit because you believe the QB has better mechanics.LOL

There are plenty of reasons why the Bills deserve to at least be considered equal to the Jets. I keep seeing Jets with an over/under win total of 7.5 and Bills with 6. 

Remember the NEW YORK MEDIA IS OVERHYPING THIS TEAM!

10 hours ago, Nanker said:

The League loves to broadcast from its home base. Says something though that they believe the G-Men will stink far more than the JESTS. 

Giants have a MNF home game against the Cowboys so you may be on to something there.