Bills signed OL Erik Magnuson and placed OL Garrett McGhin on IR.

Is it just my imagination, or are they wheeling and dealing more this year than they have in a while?

I want to believe that this team is very close to being a playoff team, and these tweaks are the best approach to getting the last few pieces in place.

1 minute ago, Gray Beard said:

Is it just my imagination, or are they wheeling and dealing more this year than they have in a while?

I want to believe that this team is very close to being a playoff team, and these tweaks are the best approach to getting the last few pieces in place.

In this case, McGhinn was hurt and couldn’t practice so they just needed another OL in his place. 

19 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

In this case, McGhinn was hurt and couldn’t practice so they just needed another OL in his place. 

Camp body to be cut later, practice squad, legitimate depth?  It doesn’t really matter, I’m just trying to keep track. A little.

2 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Should the Bills get an offensive line specific trainer? The injuries across the line Have really been up this year. Of course I jest, but it’s a bit alarming.

I agree, I've been shocked at the number of O-Linemen who have gotten banged up this preseason, and TEs too.  Not sure what's going on but every O-Linemen just about has missed at least some time with many missing significant time.  On top of that you have our top 3 TEs all out as well...

I know they're making a concerted effort to be ahead or sports science, training, and all that with their new approach and facility, but something is up when you take this many injuries at the same positions.  Either the drills, the conditioning, the field itself, something is wrong and allowing all these issues to keep creeping up.

For me it's a good reason to more camp back to Buffalo so you're closer to your $25M facility for training and wellness rather than moving everyone out to SJF for a few weeks and being away from those stat of the art facilities.  Seems silly to me to post up at a college and bring all the equipment after such a massive investment in health, wellness, and training back in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MR8 said:

I agree, I've been shocked at the number of O-Linemen who have gotten banged up this preseason, and TEs too.  Not sure what's going on but every O-Linemen just about has missed at least some time with many missing significant time.  On top of that you have our top 3 TEs all out as well...

I know they're making a concerted effort to be ahead or sports science, training, and all that with their new approach and facility, but something is up when you take this many injuries at the same positions.  Either the drills, the conditioning, the field itself, something is wrong and allowing all these issues to keep creeping up.

For me it's a good reason to more camp back to Buffalo so you're closer to your $25M facility for training and wellness rather than moving everyone out to SJF for a few weeks and being away from those stat of the art facilities.  Seems silly to me to post up at a college and bring all the equipment after such a massive investment in health, wellness, and training back in Buffalo. 

"This is the game of football. Injuries are part of it. It's a violent game that I personally don't think humans are supposed to play."

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, CSBill said:

A quote from the Bills press release: "Magnuson started at both tackle spots, but has also played guard and center." . . . I think I see a common theme here.

Exactly--seems like the Bills are focusing on versatility/utility across the line, everyone (mostly) cross-trained to be able to jump in at a moment's notice and not miss too much of a beat in the process. Great for depth insurance during a long season! Who here honestly believes that the starting 5 in Game 1 will be unchanged with no injuries by the time we've locked up our first round bye? Especially Morse.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, CSBill said:

A quote from the Bills press release: "Magnuson started at both tackle spots, but has also played guard and center." . . . I think I see a common theme here.

I'll take  "What is versatility" for $1000 Alex 

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Exactly--seems like the Bills are focusing on versatility/utility across the line, everyone (mostly) cross-trained to be able to jump in at a moment's notice and not miss too much of a beat in the process. Great for depth insurance during a long season! Who here honestly believes that the starting 5 in Game 1 will be unchanged with no injuries by the time we've locked up our first round bye? Especially Morse.  

FAIL.. you didn't answer properly  :nana:   :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

"This is the game of football. Injuries are part of it. It's a violent game that I personally don't think humans are supposed to play."

Theres a reason he doesn't have a job anymore...