Allen vs Murray

JD333

10 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Dear Rookie.

Lesson #1 at TBD.

If you post ridiculous stories like that ... Expect to get grilled mercilessly 

Be nice to the Cardinals fan. We rarely see them on this board.  You can take all the shots you want at all the P*ts, JEST and Phish fans wearing Bills colors over their home jerseys.

I just watch condensed Az game. I’m not sure Allen’s worst 20 plays together are this bad. I’m calling kylers choiceto go football over baseball and error. 

Also he’s roscoe Parrish tiny on the field. 

Back up is way better 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 hours ago, mjt328 said:

Said it before.  The Internet has changed the way people debate, and not necessarily in a good way.  Everyone thinks they are an expert at everything.  And very few are willing to admit when they are wrong about something.  Most people will double-down, and refuse to budge regardless of the evidence.

Josh Allen has always been a PERFECT example of how the general public (a.k.a. the fans) differs from the NFL professionals,  when it comes to scouting a college prospect.

Fans usually HATE when their teams draft players based on physical potential.  They want their GM to take the guys who put up the big stats and had lots of college success.  They want guys like Baker Mayfield, Johnny Manziel and Tim Tebow.  But NFL scouts are paid to see past the NCAA results, and try to forecast how good a guy CAN be.  By most accounts, Allen was absolutely loved by most NFL scouts.  He had all of the physical, athletic and mental traits desired in an NFL quarterback.  The only reason he lasted as long as he did, was because 2018 was an exceptionally strong QB draft.  

Up until the flood of Draft Websites and YouTube channels, the average fan could scream how STUPID his team was for not drafting Manziel.... but never had to own up to it when that guy turned out to be a bust.  Now all of the Internet "experts" are learning how difficult scouting really is, and they can't hide all of their old opinions.  But instead of admitting "Maybe the Bills actually did draft the right Josh"... they choose to criticize EVERY inaccurate pass, and downplay any success Allen has.  It's actually kinda sad and pathetic.

The biggest thing the NFL people have over anyone writing about the draft is that they've actually interviewed the guy in depth.  I would say just about every top 10  QB  spent significant time with team management before the draft.  We know the Bills were on the phone with Allen for a long time the day of the draft talking about his teen nonsense.  

These writers, especially ones like the author here who looks like he lives in his parents' basement, have never spoken with any of these guys except maybe to ask for an autograph or selfie.  They know nothing about the minds of these guys.  

6 hours ago, Sunshower said:

I actually think Rosen will have  the better career. I strongly felt Arizona should have traded down. Murray will be in the CFL in 4 years.

Murray will never play in the CFL. He'll go back to baseball.  

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Brandon Anderson of Medium.com says Kyler Murray is better than he looks this preseason, and Josh Allen is worse.

https://medium.com/sportsraid/kyler-murray-better-than-josh-allen-nfl-preseason-analysis-arizona-cardinals-buffalo-bills-quarterback-36f18ad3c990

Pure speculative bull####.  I get that I am a homer but c’mon...