Allen vs Murray

JD333

Kyler Murray Is Better Than He Looks This Preseason — and Josh Allen Is Worse

Numbers don’t tell the whole story. Murray is much closer to being a successful NFL quarterback than Allen.

KYLER MURRAY AND JOSH ALLEN ARE TWO OF THE MORE INTRIGUING YOUNG NFL QUARTERBACKS. Murray is a rookie, the number one pick who was handed the reins to the Arizona Cardinals offense. Allen surprised pundits by going seventh last year, then surprised them again by looking better than expected down the stretch for the Buffalo Bills.

https://medium.com/sportsraid/kyler-murray-better-than-josh-allen-nfl-preseason-analysis-arizona-cardinals-buffalo-bills-quarterback-36f18ad3c990

• Haha (+1) 1

Dumb article...none of this matters until the real season starts and then we will see the truth. However Allen has looked night and day different from last year. He seems like he understands what to do in any given situation now and the concept of what they are trying to do on the play.

That being said how will he be at diagnosing hidden coverages once the season starts?

Edited by matter2003

"Allen’s stats were opposite Murray’s, but so were some other things. He was in an advantageous position all game, with many short-yardage down situations, a short field, and a strong run game. Allen also took almost every snap out of shotgun and made a lot of quick, safe, short passes. He completed five passes to Cole Beasley just past the line of scrimmage and a couple more to LeSean McCoy. These are the equivalent of run plays in 2019. Any NFL quarterback can catch the snap in shotgun and make a five-yard pass to his first read."

There was no run game when Allen was in the game...

The first drive was 3 rushes for 3 yards

The second drive was 2 rushes for 4 yards

7 yards rushing in 108 gained (10 yard penalty) -- and penalties, sacks and 3/4 third down conversions...I am all for good analysis and this ain't it

• Awesome! (+1) 4

So just for the hell of it I Googled  the guy.  He has no credibility, fancies himself an expert on and writes on different sports, pop culture, whatever seems to strike his fancy.

This is what “journalism” has become.  Any fool with access to a phone or keyboard can write whatever they want.  There must be a way for TBD to discourage posting drivel like this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

So let me get this straight -  because he successfully put his team in short yardage situations, he is bad?

got it 

I never stopped to think how bad Tom Brady really is. He may actually be the worst QB of all time.

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If you're going to create a burner account just to troll, I suggest being a better troll.

I give this effort a 1 out of 10.

I for one don't mind stories like this getting posted. Nothing bonds a fanbase like taking an anencephalic human pinata like the author and metaphorically putting him in the TBD stocks to be pelted with offal and rotting cabbage by the gentry.

• Like (+1) 2

I had to write a response to the article on that page.  I know I shouldn't give the guy the time of day, but I couldn't help it.  This is the comment I left...

That was absolute garbage. I feel like my IQ went down 20 points after reading that idiotic take. The story just screamed of an agenda and “look at me and my unique insight.” You excused every mistake that Murray made, and there were many, while belittling every good play that Allen made. It would be amusing if this were an Onion article, but sadly I think you might actually believe the ridiculous words that you wrote. Murray may end up being a good QB, but your analytical skills will always be third string.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Did this guy not watch Allen play last year? He had a swarm of defenders in his face on just about every drop back with our JV Oline and still ripped off many nice plays and won some games in HIS rookie season. JA>KM at this point and its prob by a mile. The future will only show if that gap can even become close. Silly writer looking for click bait hate.