Jeremy White (WGR) heartbreakingly loses all 4 babies

Remember when my son was born.  You don’t ever believe something bad could happen to your baby.

My son had the cord wrapped around his neck and the cord had a true knot.  Every time there were contractions, his heart rate would decrease meaning he was being choked by the umbilical cord.  Doctor didn’t react, but the nurse was obviously distressed by what was gong on.  He was born floppy (meaning no reaction, no crying) and just grunting.  They took him away and we didn’t see him fo 8 hours.

He as born fine, but it didn’t hit us until years later what could have happened.  We met the mother of a special needs child who was in his 4th grade class.  This child was was born with brain damage and should have been in 6th grade at the time.  When talking to the mother, it was like reliving my sons birth, pretty exact.  By gods graces my son went through the same as her daughter, but would be fine.

He has never had any problems, but it still brings me to tears when I think about what could hav happened.  He is graduating college in December with his masters degree.

i can’t even comprehend what Jeremy and his wife are going through.  To even imagine something could happen with your one child during childbirth, but all 4 is simply devastating.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, davefan66 said:

Remember when my son was born.  You don’t ever believe something bad could happen to your baby.

My son had the cord wrapped around his neck and the cord had a true knot.  Every time there were contractions, his heart rate would decrease meaning he was being choked by the umbilical cord.  

Same thing happened with my younger son. The medical people decided to do a C-section immediately. Things turned out OK, minus the stupid doctor nicking the ex-wife's bladder in the process and causing a LOT of bleeding. That was way more dangerous than the baby issue.

Thoughts to JW.

3 hours ago, One Buffalo said:

I don't know if McD will work out as the Bills HC, but that is one classy man.  Kudos to him.

On a related note, I just listened to Jeremy's announcement regarding the quads...

https://wgr550.radio.com/media/audio-channel/10-01-jeremy-passes-along-some-personal-news

Just heartbreaking to listen to.  :(

Edited by LabattBlue

I listened to Jeremy tell his story on the WGR vault and although it was heart-wrenching, both my wife and I were amazed and uplifted by his strength of character and attitude about the tragedy. His ability to tell the story without completely losing it was remarkable, as was his eloquence and gratitude.  As sad as it was to hear, we were both uplifted by his approach to seeing the good and opportunity to help others in the future. I have always liked listening to Jeremy and definitely have great respect for him as a man and father. God bless them all. 

• Like (+1) 2

Towards the end of the interview, Jeremy asked for donations to go to an organization, in lieu of flowers. I believe it is the Western New York Perinatal Bereavement Network. Below is the link to donate.  Let’s make it happen. 

https://www.wnypbn.org/wny-perinatal-bereavement-donation.html

Edited by GymShorts84
Correction

• 3 months later...