Jeremy White (WGR) heartbreakingly loses all 4 babies

30 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well it was announced publicly on August 20th so we know for sure it wasn't that long.  Even if they didn't tell anyone for a month...these babies were probably premature by about 10-12 weeks.

he said the due date was the day of the Steelers game which is 12/15. So your time frame sounds correct. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Figured it was something less this when he disappeared for a while on social media.  I can’t imagine the swing of emotions - you’re pregnant, it’s actually 4!, and now this.  And it’s hard enough to do this in private but it must be really rough when you are a public figure. Just awful and prayers to his family.  

53 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

This is tragic.. it's really hard to find words..

GOD works in mysterious ways and I hope the LORD comforts them and brings them peace and eventually happy healthy children

I couldn't imagine

As a catholic, I always struggled with this part.  Why purpose does kids dying serve?  Not too get too deep and this is a high risk pregnancy, but things like SID and childhood cancer are when I struggle with God and The purpose.  Sorry if this is out of place here. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Figured it was something less this when he disappeared for a while on social media.  I can’t imagine the swing of emotions - you’re pregnant, it’s actually 4!, and now this.  And it’s hard enough to do this in private but it must be really rough when you are a public figure. Just awful and prayers to his family.  

As a catholic, I always struggled with this part.  Why purpose does kids dying serve?  Not too get too deep and this is a high risk pregnancy, but things like SID and childhood cancer are when I struggle with God and The purpose.  Sorry if this is out of place here. 

I can't tell you and I'm a lifelong Catholic as well

But I know through all the hell I've seen and fine through my faith hasn't waivered

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I'm a reformed guy. The standard answer to that question is that God knows the beginning, the end and everything in between, and that we have to trust Him in all things, both good and bad. Easier said than done.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I don't know the answer.

But I can tell you my experience dealing with miscarriage and faith...

Mrs. Bandit and I have twin boys, born on Valentines Day just like Jim (and Hunter) Kelly. It was an easy pregnancy for Mrs. B. Boys were healthy, happy, and are 6 years old now.

Then came the shitstorm.

We decided to try again. And again it happened fast. And again, the doc saw two embryos. Unbelievable. Due on July 4th, another set of holiday twins! Except that in the next appointment, there was only one...and it had no heartbeat.

They'd be 2 now.

We decided to try again. What we didn't know was that we'd go through the same things another 3 times.

We were so mad, confused, frustrated, etc. But the one thing that we refused to do was lose faith. I believed that if we were meant to have more children, it would happen in God's timeframe.

So we prayed. A lot. And I felt lead that we should try once more, and only once more. 

Mrs. Bandit agreed.

30 days from now, my daughter will turn 1. On Halloween. Another holiday baby. She is my miracle baby; the child we waited 3 years for. Sometimes it's incredibly difficult to remain sad about our loss when we're so fortunate to have her. Then I feel guilty; as though the feeling of loss means that her and the boys somehow aren't enough.

I don't mean to make this thread about me. It's not. I am crushed for the White family, and I share this story so that anyone that's struggling with losing a child (even an unborn one) knows they're not alone.

And on the issue of faith, I don't mean to say that nobody can get through such pain without it; I only know that I couldn't have.

Edited by thebandit27
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 7

15 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I don't know the answer.

But I can tell you my experience dealing with miscarriage and faith...

Mrs. Bandit and I have twin boys, born on Valentines Day just like Jim (and Hunter) Kelly. It was an easy pregnancy for Mrs. B. Boys were healthy, happy, and are 6 years old now.

Then came the shitstorm.

We decided to try again. And again it happened fast. And again, the doc saw two embryos. Unbelievable. Due on July 4th, another set of holiday twins! Except that in the next appointment, there was only one...and it had no heartbeat.

They'd be 2 now.

We decided to try again. What we didn't know was that we'd go through the same things another 3 times.

We were so mad, confused, frustrated, etc. But the one thing that we refused to do was lose faith. I believed that if we were meant to have more children, it would happen in God's timeframe.

So we prayed. A lot. And I felt lead that we should try once more, and only once more. 

Mrs. Bandit agreed.

30 days from now, my daughter will turn 1. On Halloween. Another holiday baby. She is my miracle baby; the child we waited 3 years for. Sometimes it's incredibly difficult to remain sad about our loss when we're so fortunate to have her. Then I feel guilty; as though the feeling of loss means that her and the boys somehow aren't enough.

I don't mean to make this thread about me. It's not. I am crushed for the White family, and I share this story so that anyone that's struggling with losing a child (even an unborn one) knows they're not alone.

And on the issue of faith, I don't mean to say that nobody can get through such pain without it; I only know that I couldn't have.

We don’t know the plan. It’s not meant to be that way. But I’m with you, I rely upon my faith to keep going despite what obstacles get in our way. The more you face, the more you need your faith. 

May the White family find strength and peace.  

• Like (+1) 2

I was in the middle of my workout before class and work today when I tuned in for Howard Picks the Bills then stayed tuned in heard White was coming on. I literally started tearing up and had to go to the rest room to compose myself. It just flat out sucks and no one deserves to go through that. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

he said the due date was the day of the Steelers game which is 12/15. So your time frame sounds correct. 

Already choked up, and consider myself lucky to have my two kids.  But this...that due date is actually my son's birthday.  Just a weird coincidence, but somehow makes me feel luckier to have him.

This news is terrible.  My mom lost a child before she had me and I can still hear the pain in her voice decades later when she talks about it.  I simply cannot imagine what those two are going through now losing four together.  It must be utterly soul-crushing.  All I can offer are my prayers and condolences.  Nobody should ever go through the pain of losing a child, especially losing four in quick succession.

I hope they can one day find peace.  Sadly, the pain is going to last a long, long time.

I almost had to turn it off. That was almost too raw for me. He did well to keep it together. I couldn't imagine. I just kept seeing my 2 year old baby boys face. Wanting to hug him as tight as possible. Jeremy earned so much respect as a man. Forget sports forget everything else. He is a man first. And he is hurting. 

I usually dont do it. But 4 kids. My prayers are for him his wife and his whole family as they move through this

• Like (+1) 1