Jeremy White (WGR) heartbreakingly loses all 4 babies

2 minutes ago, jimmy10 said:

I too was dabbing tears on my entire drive into work listening to it. We have two healthy kids, but one delivery got very complicated at the end. It was a textbook pregnancy up until the last 10-15 minutes. We are very fortunate, and stories like this just rip my heart out. 

I saw this idea on reddit: What if everyone gives a multiple of 550 that they're comfortable with? $.55, $5.50, $55.00, etc? 

That's a good idea too.  I did the $44.44 so they'd know why the donation was made.  I wanted to do something for the 4 who were lost and since Jeremy is a Syracuse alumnus he might appreciate a pair of "44's."

43 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He set up the nursery with all 4 cribs a couple weekends ago. I thought about it and was worried it was too soon. 

I hate to say it but I had the same thought knowing the risks involved.   

His talk this morning was powerful and heartbreaking.  His strength is also incredibly impressive.  To do what he and his wife did once is more than anyone can bear.  To do it four times in succession is torturous.  

I wanted to vomit when I listened to him because I hurt so badly for them.  I have two young kids, and there’s a lot about life that didn’t understand until we had them.  I have a hard time relating to what I’ll characterize as the WGR listeners now.  I don’t gamble on sports, I think fantasy football is a waste of time, and I don’t have time to drink or to play golf.  A young family and providing for that family take precedent.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to see the “other” side — That is, to have a child and then to lose that child — and go back to the trivialities of arguing about what is the best beer, the most favorable betting line, or which defense to start in fantasy this week.  It would be beyond awful.  

My heart breaks for them and everyone who has been through it.  If he reads this, maybe the one small consolation is that he obviously was one hell of a dad to those kids in their short time on the planet and he will be an amazing father to child #5 and beyond. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

That's a good idea too.  I did the $44.44 so they'd know why the donation was made.  I wanted to do something for the 4 who were lost and since Jeremy is a Syracuse alumnus he might appreciate a pair of "44's."

Yes! Very cool gesture. 

• Royale with Cheese changed the title to Jeremy White (WGR) heartbreakingly loses all 4 babies
On 8/20/2019 at 8:41 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Wow. Is it too late to tank? ?

Congrats to him. 

REALLY weird seeing this now with the updated title.  Took me a minute to figure out the upbeat and celebratory mood in the first page.

This thread is a good reminder that when these things happen, you should know that you're not alone.  It's understandable to want to close up and deal with it on your own, but you should know that many others have gone through it and the help is out there if you're willing to look.

• Like (+1) 1

Heart breaking, just so sad, my heart goes out them,

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just turned it on. This is awful but I think it’s helping him to talk about it.

When we miscarried talking about was therapeutic. My wife actually went to a yoga/support group once a week for women who miscarried or lost a delivery and it was big for her

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am so sorry for their loss.

I volunteered for years for a support group for people who had miscarriage (s), stillbirth(s) and infant death(s) to one year (I needed the group myself for a time, and volunteered to "give back").  I also got some heartbreaking Crisis Services calls during that time period, too. While support groups are not for everyone, support of some type (private, group, a friend or stranger to listen) can be very beneficial.  No one should have their children die before they do, and yet, sadly, it is still all too common.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I listened to the on-demand audio of Jeremy sharing the news.  That was extremely tough to listen to.  I can't imagine experiencing it.   My wife went in to pre-term labor with our twins.  About 8 weeks early.  They were really small but made it ok and are healthy teens now.  Just can't imagine..   very sad. 

• Like (+1) 1

My God. 

I'm holding back tears just reading everyone's comments. I haven't even listened to Jeremy yet. I want to download it and listen later but not sure if I can handle it. 

My wife and I have lost two of our own. As a dad, it's awful. I can't begin to fathom losing four, and losing them in the way that they did. 

• Sad 3