Predict the Season

GunnerBill

Great write up.

Consistent, slightly optimistic. I would e thrilled with 10 wins.  We always play poor in Cleveland (it is in the Bills DNA) and they are stacked, i dont see us winning that one.  Nor do I see us beating the titans in Tennessee.  Also going 4-0 vs the Dolphins and Jets, I dont se that happening.   One game would could easily win is the Ravens game, I think Lamar Jackson will be horrific this year, no more great defense, no Terrel Suggs.    So i will opt for 8-8 which is good progress as far as i am concerned.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

Beside the Cheifs offense being very good, the AFC is wide open.  If Allen develops into a top 15 Qb Buffalo could win the division.  The Steelers will be solid but less explosive.  NE is NE but without anyone outside that is a tough matchup.  Without Gronk that offense is manageable.  McDermott has a pretty good record of giving them fits.  If the Bill's reach their potential they are contenders.  

Also, they play 5 games vs top QBs.  2 Brady, Baker, Wentz, and Big Ben.  The Bils defense is pretty gnarly, and gives even the best QBs fits.  If the offense plays like an improved version of the the last 5 games they will win alot of games and surprise alot of people.

Outside of a good record (I expect somewhere between 10-6 and 8-8), I want the Bills to beat the national media darlings.  Jets, Giants, Cowboys, and now the Browns.  Let them eat crow (or whatever)  Buffalo never gets any respect, and, hopefully, this season some will be due.  Although the players make the plays, I am upbeat because of the coaching staff that is strong.

I expect similar record than you Gunner but I assume that path will be quite different. From your breakdown you expect us to be solid team which in general beats weaker opponents and lose to stronger ones.

I expect it to be much more interesting, with some surprises here and there.

I have it in quarters of the season:

1. Jets, Giants, Bengals, Pats: 3-1 

We cannot lose to Bengals and we beat Pats at home. I am Bills fan only 3 years so I refuse to accept that BB and TB are unbeatable. We lose either opener or Giants after that.

2. Titans, Dolphins, Eagles, Redskins: 3-1 (total 6-2)

This can go either way, but most likely loss is Titans. I fully expect us to beat Eagles at home in great game (just as we beat Tampa or Oakland two years ago), and if we win at Tennessee before, we really might lose a shocker vs Redskins.

3. Browns, Dolphins, Broncos, Cowboys: 3-1 (total 9-3)

This is where we prove that we are for real. These are all tough games, and I think loss will be road game at Browns or Dolphins. I admit I might be foolishly optimistic but I really feel that Thanksgiving game at Dallas is meant to be huge for the Bills. We are not losing there.

4. Ravens, Steelers, Pats, Jets: 2-2 (total 11-5)

We are not beating both Ravens and Steelers. We are not beating Pats twice. So whether we are 10-6 or 11-5 depends on game with Jets, which can go either way. But as I said I am really optimistic about Allen and whole team and we will not lose at home with potential division win and maybe even 1st round bye (a man can dream).

My core prediction is that we will beat Pats, Eagles and Cowboys, and lose some random unexpected game (Giants and Redskins being the prime candidates).

Edited by No_Matter_What

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Great write up.

Consistent, slightly optimistic. I would e thrilled with 10 wins.  We always play poor in Cleveland (it is in the Bills DNA) and they are stacked, i dont see us winning that one.  Nor do I see us beating the titans in Tennessee.  Also going 4-0 vs the Dolphins and Jets, I dont se that happening.   One game would could easily win is the Ravens game, I think Lamar Jackson will be horrific this year, no more great defense, no Terrel Suggs.    So i will opt for 8-8 which is good progress as far as i am concerned.

Don't write off the Ravens defense. Their secondary: Humphrey, Smith, Carr, Thomas and Jefferson could be, and on paper is, the best in the NFL. And they still have Brandon Williams and Michael Pierce up front on the interior. That is still one of the best DT combos in the league. They lost some productive edge rushers, no doubt, but they drafted Jaylon Ferguson out of Louisiana Tech who I loved, they brought Pernell McPhee back who knows the scheme and they have Tim Williams and Tyus Bowser in the system who they drafted a couple of years ago and no team does a better job of preparing in advance for FA departures and having guys in the building primed to take over.

Their offense? Now that is a real question mark. But if you wanna play hide the QB in the NFL you hire Greg Roman as your OC. I don't think the Ravens will be great this year... they are an around .500 maybe just sub .500 football team. But they will beat a couple of good teams. Because they are extremely well coached, and their talent level, especially on defense, is better than advertised.

• Like (+1) 2

I see a lot of people picking us to win 10/11 games but still losing to NE twice.  I know it’s hard to believe we can actually beat them after all these years of them dominating us not to mention the fact that they are the defending champs once again but with Brady’s arm showing signs of decline and Gronk gone if we are going to be as good as a lot of our fans are thinking we should be I would say we would have no excuse not to beat them in Buffalo.  Especially if the defense is supposed to be top 5.