Kiko Alonso likey cut ..

HOUSE

Hmm. Kiko had a very good rookie year for us. Not sure why people are trying to revise that history. Many were very excited to have him back from injury and angry that we traded him away. In hindsight that was a great trade, but let's not pretend like all of us thought Kiko sucked and everyone was happy he was gone.

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Hmm. Kiko had a very good rookie year for us. Not sure why people are trying to revise that history. Many were very excited to have him back from injury and angry that we traded him away. In hindsight that was a great trade, but let's not pretend like all of us thought Kiko sucked and everyone was happy he was gone.

I'll admit that I was looking forward to his return and I was disappointed when I read the "Kiko Alonso Traded" headline. But when I saw who we got out of the deal, I got over it. Quickly.

9 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Got to hand it to Whaley that was a great trade.

It was Chip Kelly who handed it to Whaley - on a silver platter.

I'm picturing this conversation:

CK: "Are you interested in LeSean McCoy?"

DW: "What do you want for him?"

CK: "Kiko Alonso."

DW: (awkward silence, waiting to hear what else he wants)

CK: (awkward silence, waiting for Doug to respond)

DW (bewildered): "OK, it's a deal."

DW hangs up.

DW: "Man, I shoulda bought a lottery ticket this morning."

• Haha (+1) 1

Now that the Jets are really short at LB, I could see the Phins trading Kiko to them instead of cutting him.

2 minutes ago, Nick the Greek said:

The Legend of Kiko.. remember that one?

Chuck Norris has a Kiko Alonso poster on his wall. ?

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 1

Hate for this trade was strong among the “Smart Football” people.  Their maxims are that RBs are a dime a dozen and that you want to get maximum “surplus” from talented players on cheap rookie contracts. Maybe right in most instances... 

Same people hate Josh Allen.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arkady Renko said:

Hate for this trade was strong among the “Smart Football” people.  Their maxims are that RBs are a dime a dozen and that you want to get maximum “surplus” from talented players on cheap rookie contracts. Maybe right in most instances... 

Same people hate Josh Allen.  

This

On 8/20/2019 at 7:23 AM, CLTbills said:

I don't understand the point of cutting him. Would I love to see him leave the division so he can't take shots at our franchise QB? Absolutely. But I don't understand why they would do it.

It saves them literally nothing against the cap.

Process

On 8/20/2019 at 7:08 AM, HOUSE said:
Image result for Kiko Alonso

MIAMI DOLPHINS

Is a former Bills linebacker on the roster bubble in Miami? It appears that may be the case for Kiko Alonso. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald noted that Alonso’s roster spot is not safe with roster cuts upcoming. Here is what Jackson said in regards to Alonso.

Sam Eguavoen’s emergence and Jerome Baker’s evolution — and the fact Miami is expected to play three linebackers less than half the time — have left Kiko Alonso and Raekwon McMillan in a tenuous position. McMillan obviously is not going to be released, but his playing time likely will be impacted.

Releasing Alonso would carry $8.2 million in dead money and just a $25,000 cap savings but would save Miami $4 million in cash, per overthecap.com.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2019/08/new-england-patriots-releasing-p-ex-bills-current-miami-dolphins-lb-on-bubble-afc-east-roundup.html

He will make a team. Unless he has slowed down i think he would be a good fit here, quick and fast.