I think the wait might actually be over.

57 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Making the playoffs a couple years ago was cool, but I don't think anyone would argue that it really lifted the dark cloud over this franchise. Our journey back to respectability/true competitiveness continues.

But I think this might be the year that a page is turned, emphatically.

I've watched an unhealthy amount of preseason football this year. And it seems like the Bills might be really good. Top to bottom. And they've got star players to make impact plays at every level of the field on offense and defense.

Something feels different now.

Other than the Patriots, I can't think of an opponent I fear. And the only reason I fear them is not because of talent; it's because they're smarter than everyone else.

I think we're going 12-4 this year. We'll be good out of the gate. The future will arrive suddenly, as it often does when teams turn the corner. Within a month or two of the season starting, the Bills being a top team will just be accepted. I don't think there'll be any sweating out a playoff spot.

Go Bills!

When the Bills win the Super Bowl this year, you’re the first person I’m going to hug.

I will tell you up front that it is in fact a roll of quarters in my pocket.  Oh hell, who am I trying to fool.  I’m Asian, it’ll be a roll of dimes.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I agree that you shouldn't in a vacuum, but it's about more than just these two preseason games... It's everything about this team and its trajectory.

I really don’t mean to pee in your Cheerios.  I do like the direction of the team, but I don’t think they’re there yet.  It’s a process.

19 minutes ago, MikeSpeed said:

Sadly I've heard this all before. I have to wait now, and only except it as it happens. 

Think about it though.  Outside of the Superbowl team, when have the Bill's ever had a solid GM and coaching staff?  This team is different. 

When I think about some of the others, in their initial press conferences they talked about Superbowls.  These guys (Beane and McD) talked about building a team.  If you build it right...the wins will follow.

Edited by jkeerie

1 hour ago, Phil The Thrill said:

I’m expecting what a lot of beat reporters and analysts have been predicting.  The Bills could be anywhere from a 7 to 9 win team.  With a little luck maybe more.  

But I think what’s most important is that we see improvement from Josh Allen

Maybe we can wait 20 years like Eichel and the Sabres.  Or maybe screw that and win now.

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Making the playoffs a couple years ago was cool, but I don't think anyone would argue that it really lifted the dark cloud over this franchise. Our journey back to respectability/true competitiveness continues.

I've watched an unhealthy amount of preseason football this year. And it seems like the Bills might be really good. Top to bottom. And they've got star players to make impact plays at every level of the field on offense and defense.

Other than the Patriots, I can't think of an opponent I fear. And the only reason I fear them is not because of talent; it's because they're smarter than everyone else.

I think we're going 12-4 this year. We'll be good out of the gate. The future will arrive suddenly, as it often does when teams turn the corner. Within a month or two of the season starting, the Bills being a top team will just be accepted. I don't think there'll be any sweating out a playoff spot.

Go Bills!

Every time I read a post like this my inner fan who is very superstitious screams "no!"

I know it is irrational, but it is not like the fickle gods of football fate have ever been kind to the Bills. They have carried us older fans to the mountain top a few times only to chuck us off the other side. Yet here we go, waiving flags of hope in open defiance that are certain to get their attention....again.

Everyone just needs to shush this optimistic nonsense and channel their inner-Sully.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I was saying 9 wins was the floor back in May. After watching them play a bit, and considering the schedule, I feel a lot more confident in that. This very well could be the first double digit win season in a looooooooong time. 

They won 6 games last year with a mediocre offensive line, very little at WR, 4 different starting QBs, and a tougher schedule. Now, the roster looks much better, entering the season with an entrenched starter at QB (who is a gamer) in the same offensive system, and the league seems to have done the Bills several favors with the schedule. A lot of stars seem to have aligned for the Bills to make a run this year.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Go Bills!

It definitely feels different.  It all comes down to Josh.  We don’t need anymore 10-7 or 9-6 losses.

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Do not read much into preseason games.

I know I need to slow my roll, but I saw Allen make quick, decisive, accurate throws throughout his entire run in the Carolina game. I hadn't seen that before. I still don't fully believe he's gonna ever master this, but I have more hope than I did before that display. He could very easily lay an egg and that demonstration of proficiency could be a mirage, but it's something. I don't care that Carolina was playing vanilla defense, etc. I didn't see any of that in preseason/regular season last year and that includes the finale where he successfully demonstrated the big plays I know he can make, largely because the Fish had quit. Even in that game, I didn't see what I saw on Thursday. 

He just MIGHT be the ultimate anomaly.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 2

I remember when we first got our new HC, from the very beginning, it felt like he and the Bills finally had a plan.....let's not forget how he inherited a whole lot of cap issues and frankly, some players who  were not performing well....now has it been perfect ?...hell no....but ever since that day, I felt comfortable with McD at the helm...and that feeling is only getting stronger....we are building the right way...finally...and the results are coming soon.....

• Like (+1) 1