I think the wait might actually be over.

Making the playoffs a couple years ago was cool, but I don't think anyone would argue that it really lifted the dark cloud over this franchise. Our journey back to respectability/true competitiveness continues.

But I think this might be the year that a page is turned, emphatically.

I've watched an unhealthy amount of preseason football this year. And it seems like the Bills might be really good. Top to bottom. And they've got star players to make impact plays at every level of the field on offense and defense.

Something feels different now.

Other than the Patriots, I can't think of an opponent I fear. And the only reason I fear them is not because of talent; it's because they're smarter than everyone else.

I think we're going 12-4 this year. We'll be good out of the gate. The future will arrive suddenly, as it often does when teams turn the corner. Within a month or two of the season starting, the Bills being a top team will just be accepted. I don't think there'll be any sweating out a playoff spot.

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Making the playoffs a couple years ago was cool, but I don't think anyone would argue that it really lifted the dark cloud over this franchise. Our journey back to respectability/true competitiveness continues.

But I think this might be the year that a page is turned, emphatically.

I've watched an unhealthy amount of preseason football this year. And it seems like the Bills might be really good. Top to bottom. And they've got star players to make impact plays at every level of the field on offense and defense.

Something feels different now.

Other than the Patriots, I can't think of an opponent I fear. And the only reason I fear them is not because of talent; it's because they're smarter than everyone else.

I think we're going 12-4 this year. We'll be good out of the gate. The future will arrive suddenly, as it often does when teams turn the corner. Within a month or two of the season starting, the Bills being a top team will just be accepted. I don't think there'll be any sweating out a playoff spot.

Go Bills!

Welcome to the party. I've been here for a couple of months.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’m leaning towards thinking we have a legit franchise QB. 

Top 10 Defense.  

Middle of the pack OL, with a mix of solid vets and young guys with potential. 

Same goes for the WRs.  No #1, but plenty of 2/3 type guys.  

RB by committee, all able to catch out of the backfield.. very Patriot-like.  

Lots of depth with a strong culture and front office.  

Just need to see it on the field, but I’m ready to be all in on these guys.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 13

A lot of good vibes going on here, The team is coming together.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 5

And oh, what a wait it was.  Much more than I ever signed up for when I decided to irrationally devote myself to sports in general and this team.

But, it will make the success infinitely sweeter, and I agree we’re on the cusp.  Something any Pats fan under 40 will never experience or understand.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I can't say for sure how the season unfolds what our record will be. I will say I haven't seen a Bills team with this many playmakers or this much depth in decades. One thing is for sure. they won't be boring nor do I believe this is the "same old bills".

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

I agree that you shouldn't in a vacuum, but it's about more than just these two preseason games... It's everything about this team and its trajectory.

Right again.  It's about the coach and the process and the GM and the competitive fire and the QB and the work ethic and the talent and the owners.  It just all seems to be falling together 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Welcome to the party. I've been here for a couple of months.

After watching the team this camp and preseason, I'm there, too.

11 wins. ("What did you say, Logic? 11 wins?! That's ridiculous!").

I think the Bills are going to be good this year, and are going to be very good for the next decade. About damn time.

And let the record show that @Shaw66 was the first brave soul to say so on TBD!

• Like (+1) 1