Popeyes vs Chick Fil A

plenzmd1

4 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This is very accurate. I could eat that bun by itself and would be very happy. 

I don’t know.    I view the chicken as a push tbh.     Very similar but the spicy sauce/bun/pickles at Popeyes give it the win. 

The buttered bun trick is key.    Works well for fuddruckers too 

I finally got my hands on a Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich and I came away with two thoughts.

1. It was awesome. The guy who stabbed the other guy for budging in line did nothing wrong.

2. The crew at the Erie Blvd location in Syracuse is easily the worst I've ever seen at any eatery. Just awful service.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

2. The crew at the Erie Blvd location in Syracuse is easily the worst I've ever seen at any eatery. Just awful service.

All the locations here in Syracuse suck. I've never had good service at any. But I still go, knowing how it will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

I finally got my hands on a Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich and I came away with two thoughts.

1. It was awesome. The guy who stabbed the other guy for budging in line did nothing wrong.

I think popeye’s is known for universally bad service. When I got my sandwich the other day, the line wasn’t long and yet moved extremely slowly. the workers forgot to open half the dining room area. The kitchen was total chaos.  

Plus, it was funny how just about every other person came back up, complaining about errors with their orders. They kept just Basically giving people free food To fix the problems. even my order randomly came with an extra sandwich.

i think that’s what gives chic fil a the edge. I would rather have a slightly worse sandwich but with much better service. 

14 hours ago, Just Jack said:

All the locations here in Syracuse suck. I've never had good service at any. But I still go, knowing how it will be. 

Chik-Fil-A is like the OCD Soccer Mom with a spotless kitchen scented with Febreezed to perfection, that buys name brand products, puts just the right amount of mayo on the bread, cuts it diagonally and removes the crust

Popeyes is like a ghetto/trailer park Mom, whose kitchen has a pall of cigarette smoke, buys the bottom shelf cereal in a bag, and smokes a cigarette while putting whatever you ask for on a totally unhealthy but incredibly tasty sammich

• Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

Popeyes is like a ghetto/trailer park Mom, whose kitchen has a pall of cigarette smoke, buys the bottom shelf cereal in a bag, and smokes a cigarette while putting whatever you ask for on a totally unhealthy but incredibly tasty sammich

Cigarette or...

https://nypost.com/2019/11/11/man-says-he-found-half-smoked-joint-in-popeyes-chicken-sandwich/

10 hours ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

I think popeye’s is known for universally bad service. When I got my sandwich the other day, the line wasn’t long and yet moved extremely slowly. the workers forgot to open half the dining room area. The kitchen was total chaos.  

Plus, it was funny how just about every other person came back up, complaining about errors with their orders. They kept just Basically giving people free food To fix the problems. even my order randomly came with an extra sandwich.

i think that’s what gives chic fil a the edge. I would rather have a slightly worse sandwich but with much better service. 

Your first paragraph was spot on. They were screaming at each other in the kitchen. There were 2 of us in store waiting for our orders. The woman who took my order forgot to fill it. Just started playing on her phone. I had to ask if they were waiting on chicken or something and she just apologized and said she forgot.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:15 PM, JR in Pittsburgh said:

im sorry that you are the way you are.

38 minutes ago, JR in Pittsburgh said:

This seems randomly mean.  ?

And somewhat inscrutable. I am unclear what your crime supposedly is.

In any event, maybe we can start a thing. I apologize for the fella who is sorry for you being you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

And somewhat inscrutable. I am unclear what your crime supposedly is.

In any event, maybe we can start a thing. I apologize for the fella who is sorry for you being you.

I was just teasing that he preferred the sanitized experience and food he described as not as good, as opposed to the better food, with a little bit of risk (and in his case a free bonus sandwich!).

you’ll have to excuse me being a little rough around the edges- I’ve grown up in the mean streets of the Popeyes drive thru. 

• Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...