Popeyes vs Chick Fil A

plenzmd1

Have not tried the Popeyes sandwich yet. But someone down in my neck of the woods was stabbed to death for trying to cut the line. Absurdity.

i will say the Chik fil a mobile app has been a game changer.  I sit in my car, order, pay, and then walk in past the line and they hand my food to me at the mobile pickup area. So easy.  I don’t even bother with the long drive thru line either.

In my area, the battle is between Popeye's and Bojangles for the fried chicken.  KFC is a distant competitor.  

CFA beats them all on the "experience" - their customer service and product consistency is top notch.  

• Like (+1) 1

Finally got to try the Popeyes chicken sandwich.  Past experiences at Popeyes resulted in poor customer service.  Dunno if that's common across Popeyes franchise or if both I've been to are in less desirable parts of town.  In either case, service was consistent with past experiences.

The sandwich on the other hand was impressive.  In the pantheon of fast food chicken sandwiches I rank Popeyes as a respectable second behind only Wendy's spicy chicken

31 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Finally got to try the Popeyes chicken sandwich.  Past experiences at Popeyes resulted in poor customer service.  Dunno if that's common across Popeyes franchise or if both I've been to are in less desirable parts of town.  In either case, service was consistent with past experiences.

The sandwich on the other hand was impressive.  In the pantheon of fast food chicken sandwiches I rank Popeyes as a respectable second behind only Wendy's spicy chicken

Second behind the Wendy’s spicy chicken??  I’d rather eat an old sponge on a bun ?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Second behind the Wendy’s spicy chicken??  I’d rather eat an old sponge on a bun ?

Seriously, 10 years ago the Wendy’s one was respectable.    They got cheap and it’s been disgusting for a while.  

Popeyes 1

CFA 2 

Sonic (chicken blt on Texas toast) 3 

The rest all crap 

Edited by Teddy KGB

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Wendy's on ND Blvd in Amherst used to have the spicy chicken on its dollar menu. Good sandwich...two would do the job.

22 hours ago, zow2 said:

i will say the Chik fil a mobile app has been a game changer.  I sit in my car, order, pay, and then walk in past the line and they hand my food to me at the mobile pickup area. So easy.  I don’t even bother with the long drive thru line either.

I use most of the fast food joints mobile apps just for this reason. It's great to drive past the line at McD's drive thru, pull into a parking spot, and they run my food out before some people even reach the pickup window. 

21 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I use most of the fast food joints mobile apps just for this reason. It's great to drive past the line at McD's drive thru, pull into a parking spot, and they run my food out before some people even reach the pickup window. 

But.........the food you get is still from McD’s, right? I don’t see that as a win.  

Went to the other Popeyes in my area for another try

Again, the service sucked.  But this time the sammich was even better :w00t:

On 11/6/2019 at 11:38 AM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

On 11/6/2019 at 11:46 AM, Teddy KGB said:

Seriously, 10 years ago the Wendy’s one was respectable.    They got cheap and it’s been disgusting for a while. 

Maybe I'm in a Wendys test market or the ones in my area are better than the ones in your area, but the Wendy's around here make a righteous spicy chicken

19 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Went to the other Popeyes in my area for another try

Again, the service sucked.  But this time the sammich was even better :w00t:

Maybe I'm in a Wendys test market or the ones in my area are better than the ones in your area, but the Wendy's around here make a righteous spicy chicken

Wendy’s spicy chicken is about as good as fast food gets. That makes them the tallest little person....but when on the road and you need food....

Sometimes Mt Dew and salt and vinegar chips just doesn’t get it done.  ?‍♂️