Popeyes vs Chick Fil A

plenzmd1

36 minutes ago, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Oh hell no! It's going to be sold out nationwide in less than a week. They want you to download a Popeye's app to get notified the time it comes back. I'm ok though...

source.gif

I blew my chance.    Ended up with Thai food 

So I made the longer trek to Chick Fil A to do my own comp, and I tried to keep it as close to the same thing as I got at Popeyes, meaning I got just the spicy chicken, not the deluxe, and I did not add any chick fil a sauce to it. Chick Fil A's spicy chicken is definitely the better of the two as I like spicy and it was much spicier. I am now interested to see what it would be with normal vs normal, but I am not that motivated as I dont imagine a time I wouldnt order spicy chicken over non.

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

So I made the longer trek to Chick Fil A to do my own comp, and I tried to keep it as close to the same thing as I got at Popeyes, meaning I got just the spicy chicken, not the deluxe, and I did not add any chick fil a sauce to it. Chick Fil A's spicy chicken is definitely the better of the two as I like spicy and it was much spicier. I am now interested to see what it would be with normal vs normal, but I am not that motivated as I dont imagine a time I wouldnt order spicy chicken over non.

Is the spicy chicken crispy/crunchy?  I love the super crunchy stuff (but my previous experience at Popeye’s would require months of intense therapy to get me back in there). I’d go to Chick Fil A and check it out, but it’s so crowded I can’t get near the place, even with cops directing traffic! Does Popeye’s have that traffic problem? This might be telling. ? 

KFC might not be great, but they make some crunchy food! 

On 8/27/2019 at 1:24 PM, LBSeeBallLBGetBall said:

Tried again here in Cuse yesterday. Walked in, ordered and was informed they're still out, walked out. 

North Syracuse, Carousel or Dewitt? I work near the Dewitt store and might try there for lunch tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Is the spicy chicken crispy/crunchy?  I love the super crunchy stuff (but my previous experience at Popeye’s would require months of intense therapy to get me back in there). I’d go to Chick Fil A and check it out, but it’s so crowded I can’t get near the place, even with cops directing traffic! Does Popeye’s have that traffic problem? This might be telling. ? 

KFC might not be great, but they make some crunchy food! 

The popeyes one seemed to have more crunch than Chick, also never really ate at Popeyes all that much before but maybe they have gotten better? My stomach was just fine after lol

also the Popeyes I went to never seemed busy before but it was the busiest I ever saw it when I went, yet Chick was still busier

Edited by Bray Wyatt

7 hours ago, Just Jack said:

North Syracuse, Carousel or Dewitt? I work near the Dewitt store and might try there for lunch tomorrow. 

Dewitt. They had been out of sandwiches for days. They were also out of cajun fries when I went.

I can't believe this is even a debate. I guess if you don't live in an area where Chick-Fil-A is prominent, maybe. 

But living in the South, there is no comparison. I've eaten at chick-fil-a probably 500 times, at locations all around the country and NOT ONCE have I ever received cold food or bad service.

On 8/27/2019 at 3:30 PM, LabattBlue said:

The Chik-Fil-A by the Walden Galleria Mall is the worst run location I've been to.  Just don't know how to handle the crowded times at all.  Garbage behind the register counter.  Trying to get a drink refill next to impossible. People taking orders on tablets and phones while only one out of 4 registers is manned.

I would like to think for a location that has only been open a short time that corporate HQ is watching closely...maybe not.

I’ve been to chick-fil-A all over the country and they all were friendly, clean, very organized and consistent taste except for the one in Cheektowaga.

Everybody knew that this location would be meh. Social media was calling it before they even opened

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

On 8/20/2019 at 11:05 AM, B-Man said:

Was at Wendy's yesterday.  The nuggets in the Biggie bag were  room temp and dry.  Haven't had Chick-Fil-A's  yet,  but  Wendy's nuggets are third to BK and McD.

@Logic why do these companies keep making new fast food chicken sandwich options?

I'm sure an informal poll at any time over the past 10 years would have indicated that people were satisfied with the current amount!:thumbsup:

Bring on the 17 or 18 game NFL season and more raunchy chicken sandwiches...........mofos can't get enough!

...pretty strange resurgence.....we had one store in Roch-Cha-Cha....abysmal reviews..."filthy dirty....lousy food....rude inattentive employees, etc".....two new locations opened up and they're packed (perhaps new franchisee?).....I tried the new one near my house and chicken was great..BUT....when I put my cash on the counter, clerk told me to "pick that up and hand it to me".....huh?......I'm just an old senior citizen Eye-Talian wanting some food.....now with their new sandwich, lines are out the door...........

• 3 weeks later...

my plan for a ChickFA visit in Toronto was ruined by the two hour lineup

locals and tourists LOVE to line up for hours on end in this city, for nothing that special

when tourists ask what there is to do, i tell them it's a big deal to line up for fast food for hours apparently

i don't dig it...  :(