Popeyes vs Chick Fil A

plenzmd1

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Wanted to try one of the Popeye's Chicken Sandwiches recently(never had one before.  Went to the drive-thru, and said I will take one of the Chicken Sandwiches w/cheese.  The response..."we don't have cheese here".  :thumbdown:

It was ok without the cheese, but either way, I like Chic-Fil-A more.

I won't be back to Popeyes.

I don’t think you understand Popeyes 

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

I've seen articles calling them the best fried chicken, without having a single store. They're all in convenience stores. I know there's one a few miles from my house, just haven't gone to check it out yet. 

Let us know how you like it if/when! The chicken tenders are amazing. We like the regular seasoned fries, but not the waffle fries or potato wedges.

I usually pick up around 4:30 p.m., right before the dinner rush. The chicken's usually fresh out of the oil around then. ?

9 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Worst food poisoning I ever had was IHOP.  I had the blueberry pancakes and they use that puree syrup stuff.  If that gets above 40 degrees, bacteria starts forming pretty quickly.  That's what happened to both my mom and I.  It was the worst 3 days of my life.

Happened to me once after eating at Waffle House. I was violently ill for 36 hours and seriously thought I was going to die.

5 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

lol popeyes

Chick-fil-A is the Lord's chicken for a reason.

popeyes is where you go when you really hate your digestive tract.

Yeah, Chick-fil-A is hard to beat for fast food.

As for food poisoning, I would never, ever eat at a Chipotle. I walked into one once before all the recent bad press, the smell of cilantro made me want to hurl. If I had to, I would gladly eat Taco Bell first.

Edited by Rico

5 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, Chick-fil-A is hard to beat for fast food.

As for food poisoning, I would never, ever eat at a Chipotle. I walked into one once before all the recent bad press, the smell of cilantro made me want to hurl. If I had to, I would gladly eat Taco Bell first.

That is some serious &&^%$! ... err  diarrhea dude...

10 hours ago, boater said:

Heh, when you name a blowout, it has to be good.

1. My all-time blowout is legend in the family known as "The Rehoboth Beach Incident"

2. Coming in a close second is the Great Norovirus Blowout of 2005.

....that said, I'm sure the Popeyes sandwich is respectable--but it looks too crispy. If I want a fried breading sandwich, that is what I'll order. CFA es #1.

I promise, that is the first time the word “good” has EVER been associated with that event! 

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. 

Even if you knew they wouldn’t actually die? Say.....maybe a certain #12 getting a bad omelette on a Sunday morning, in the fall....before his team plays some guys who happen to reside in WNY.....I’m just wondering out loud here.....

18 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Wanted to try one of the Popeye's Chicken Sandwiches recently(never had one before.  Went to the drive-thru, and said I will take one of the Chicken Sandwiches w/cheese.  The response..."we don't have cheese here".  :thumbdown:

It was ok without the cheese, but either way, I like Chic-Fil-A more.

I won't be back to Popeyes.

...went to one in Roch-Cha-Cha........placed my order and put the cash on the counter......accommodating (COUGH) clerk looked at me and said, "pick your money up and hand it to me".......seriously?........

17 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

so, you wanted cheese on hot , fried, chicken sandwich...makes your opinion on the subject as worthy as someone who ordered wings breaded and with ranch..and then trashed the fact that neither of those were available? and that the wings sucked

If it’s such an odd request, why would Chick-fil-A offer that as an option on their chicken sandwiches?

Just now, LabattBlue said:

If it’s such an odd request, why would Chick-fil-A offer that as an option on their chicken sandwiches?

#1) had no idea they did

#2) just cause they offer ranch and breaded wings, don’t make it right!

#3) only bustin 

23 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Had the Popeye’s chicken sandwich last week and it was legit (despite the fact that I ordered it plain and they messed it up). Chick Fil A is really good but I think that the Popeye’s sandwich was better. 

this guy agrees with ya..

My tears and sweat taste like chicken!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

More confirmation Popeyes is best at just about everything

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/08/22/yes-the-popeyes-chicken-sandwich-is-great-heres-how-it-stacks-up-against-the-competition/

BTW, click the link embedded in the quote for an explanation why Popeyes is the best , and  proves @Augie is the devil as his body rejected Gods food

We tried three sandwiches — Popeyes, Chick-fil-A and Shake Shack — because we needed to be sure of what we already knew, which was that Popeyes was very likely to win. The chain has long been regaled as the best fast-food fried chicken in the country, counting chefs David Chang and Anthony Bourdain among its fans. Its lack of a Chick-fil-A-esque sandwich until this point was inexplicable. So to try it was the equivalent of the person who asks to sample an ice cream before buying a cone — you know it’s going to be good, you just don’t know how good.

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Gotta be true, it's in the WaPo. :D

I actually did try the new Popeye's sandwich for lunch the other day. It was OK, I would eat it again, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

Just now, Rico said:

Gotta be true, it's in the WaPo. :D

I actually did try the new Popeye's sandwich for lunch the other day. It was OK, I would eat it again, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it.

I will say that section of the paper is awesome..called Voraciously..really no slant to food reporting i don't think..and the main restaurant critic is awesome.. Tom Sietsema!

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

More confirmation Popeyes is best at just about everything

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/08/22/yes-the-popeyes-chicken-sandwich-is-great-heres-how-it-stacks-up-against-the-competition/

BTW, click the link embedded in the quote for an explanation why Popeyes is the best , and  proves @Augie is the devil as his body rejected Gods food

Explosively, and repeatedly.

My wonderful bride was not left unscathed, and she is one of God’s greatest creations. 

I blame the high quality employees of Poopeyes Chicken, making minimum wage and caring little about our welfare. They probably went next door to Burger King for lunch!