Popeyes vs Chick Fil A

plenzmd1

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Taco Bell

I will add the BK Whopper to the list.....but there was nothing like the Great Popeye’s Blowout of 1992. THAT was nothing short of death defying food poisoning. 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I will add the BK Whopper to the list.....but there was nothing like the Great Popeye’s Blowout of 1992. THAT was nothing short of death defying food poisoning. 

Worst food poisoning I ever had was IHOP.  I had the blueberry pancakes and they use that puree syrup stuff.  If that gets above 40 degrees, bacteria starts forming pretty quickly.  That's what happened to both my mom and I.  It was the worst 3 days of my life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Worst food poisoning I ever had was IHOP.  I had the blueberry pancakes and they use that puree syrup stuff.  If that gets above 40 degrees, bacteria starts forming pretty quickly.  That's what happened to both my mom and I.  It was the worst 3 days of my life.

We have friends who blessed about a dozen people with food poisoning on Thanksgiving Day. They lived in a place with one bathroom. Serious trouble ensued. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Augie said:

Heh, when you name a blowout, it has to be good.

1. My all-time blowout is legend in the family known as "The Rehoboth Beach Incident"

2. Coming in a close second is the Great Norovirus Blowout of 2005.

....that said, I'm sure the Popeyes sandwich is respectable--but it looks too crispy. If I want a fried breading sandwich, that is what I'll order. CFA es #1.

Wanted to try one of the Popeye's Chicken Sandwiches recently(never had one before.  Went to the drive-thru, and said I will take one of the Chicken Sandwiches w/cheese.  The response..."we don't have cheese here".  :thumbdown:

It was ok without the cheese, but either way, I like Chic-Fil-A more.

I won't be back to Popeyes.

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Wanted to try one of the Popeye's Chicken Sandwiches recently(never had one before.  Went to the drive-thru, and said I will take one of the Chicken Sandwiches w/cheese.  The response..."we don't have cheese here".  :thumbdown:

It was ok without the cheese, but either way, I like Chic-Fil-A more.

I won't be back to Popeyes.

so, you wanted cheese on hot , fried, chicken sandwich...makes your opinion on the subject as worthy as someone who ordered wings breaded and with ranch..and then trashed the fact that neither of those were available? and that the wings sucked

• Haha (+1) 1

Food poisonings? Got a story. One place I used to work, since we would spend so much on the vending machines, the company that supplied them decided to throw us a little cookout. $2 got you a burger, bag of chips and a soda. We had two lunch shifts. 12-12:30 and 12:30-1:00. I was the first in line for the second lunch shift. That night I got violently ill. It was right about the time mad cow disease was the rage, so I was telling people that I got a mad cow burger. And I know it was their food because the person that was behind me in line also ended up getting sick. Both of us ended up having to take a day off work. 

20 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How is this even a question?  Chick Fil A is the best fast food restaurant in the United States.

This ^^^^

4 hours ago, shrader said:

I hate the fact that someone actually gets paid to create the trash found at this link.  Is there seriously nothing better to do with one's time than to recap twitter posts?

Does it sadden you to know they get paid a lot of money?

• Sad 1