Monday Night Football

jkeerie

1 minute ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Considering that we'vd basically stolen the exact same system and both our starter and back up have looked good using it so far, I say it's probably NE's system that makes these QBs.

Good point.  Hope it carries through to the regular season. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Garoppolo was throwing pick 6's like a machine during the 49ers training camp. He has definitely not recovered his form from his ACL surgery.

If half of that happened with Allen during training camp this board would be broken for most of a week.

I flipped channels, but now deeply regret seeing that kind of history! An amazing feat! 

Just now, Augie said:

I flipped channels, but now deeply regret seeing that kind of history! An amazing feat! 

I think they are rushing him back a bit too fast. If he is this far off from fully planting on that leg, but hey it is the 49ers problem.

Its not like their fans were sweating it out as we Bills fans got to watch EJ launch passes into the bench, media tents, well all over the place. Pulled up an old sports article on Manuel and just busted out laughing at how bad it was....

"Manuel also got hit hard, but he was eventually just yanked because he was not good at football. Manuel would finish the day 9-of-20 for 86 yards, no touchdowns and no interceptions."

14 minutes ago, Augie said:

So....he’s the preseason version of the regular season Peterman? This is SO confusing! 

Well he really wasn't all that impressive last year in the regular season before he got injured. I think maybe the 9ers just jumped the gun giving him all that money.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well he really wasn't all that impressive last year in the regular season before he got injured. I think maybe the 9ers just jumped the gun giving him all that money.

Only $27.5 mil/year as I understand it. No biggie. We all drop that on a big weekend out, right? 

1 hour ago, IDBillzFan said:

Garapolo was pretty damn good in SFO before he got hurt. He looks so much slower and tentative. 

Brady was skittish planting his leg for a whole year after coming back from his knee injury.

Hilarious that everyone is throwing JG into the bust bin because of a few shaky weeks of pre-season coming back from that injury.

21 minutes ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Brady was skittish planting his leg for a whole year after coming back from his knee injury.

Hilarious that everyone is throwing JG into the bust bin because of a few shaky weeks of pre-season coming back from that injury.

As I've written many times, the easiest thing to predict in the NFL is failure. Not sure why some people do it so vehemently. I chalk it up to the youthful desire to say "I told you so."

1 hour ago, The Plastic Cup said:

Skittish straight to a division title and a pro bowl appearance!

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Wow. Looking like Nathan Peterman out there.

How many times do we have to go over this, guys? You have to specify regular season Peterman or pre-season Peterman.

Also, hasn't JA started more games than Jimmy G has now?

1 minute ago, GG said:

Chubb was the reason Bills were able to trade into the #7 slot

Right, he was taken at 5 so the broncos didnt want to trade out, Nelson was taken by Indy at 6 and we traded to 7 with tampa. And Miller was taken at 2  in front of us when we took Dareus. Was just further solidifying the point quoted

Edited by Bray Wyatt

13 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Jimmy Garoppolo looks terrible.

49ers' Garoppolo posts 0.0 QB rating in return

ESPN News Services

San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo went just 1-for-6 for zero yards and an interception on Monday night in his first game since he suffered a season-ending knee injury last September.

Garoppolo finished the night -- which ended with a 24-15 victory over the Denver Broncos -- with a 0.0 passer rating.