Monday Night Football

jkeerie

4 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I think the receiver was standing OOB when he made that block...wonder if it is legal?

Since when did you worry about what was or wasn’t legal? You’re a REBEL! 

• Haha (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

I still think it's absolutely hilarious how every NFL Insider thinks that Jimmy G is a top 10 quarterback in this league. I also cannot believe that the 49ers even considered giving out that contract when he is literally done nothing in the NFL. How did this guy come so far and make it so big without doing anything at all?

Teams still don't understand that Patriots backup QBs can't play outside of New England.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Flack looks OK.

Sucks to be Ravens fan 

I'll never get paid for evaluating QBs, but I'm pretty sure the Ravens completely screwed up dumping Flacco and moving to Lamar Jackson. Once you remove Jackson's ability to run, he's an okay quarterback. A poor man's Kaepernick. At least sit him behind Flacco for another year.

I still remember a Dolphins punt returner putting one foot OB, laying down and reaching out, and touching the ball. Got them a touchback I think? Looked and felt funny, but the guy knew the rule. Shocks me how often professionals don’t know little rules like that. The stinkin’ Pats* thrive on that stuff! 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I still remember a Dolphins punt returner putting one foot OB, laying down and reaching out, and touching the ball. Got them a touchback I think? Looked and felt funny, but the guy knew the rule. Shocks me how often professionals don’t know little rules like that. The stinkin’ Pats* thrive on that stuff! 

I suppose that if you're thinking about breaking...or at least bending the rules you should know what they are.

• Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jimmy G was hot coming in for San Fran. Won 6 games in a row to close out the season if I recall correctly. Once he gets the feel for the speed of the game back he'll be fine. 

I think the reports of his demise are overrated.  Maybe a little rusty but I think he’ll be back when it matters

6 minutes ago, Augie said:

It was Welker  who subsequently was traded to the Pats. 

Edited by freddyjj
  • Thank you (+1) 1

@Augie, Prooly not a punt but a kickoff. Smart play if the ball is near the sideline. Make sure you step OOB first, then ctach the ball, because you are OOB, ball is also OOB, flag thrown!

Dead Patriot play ion 2001 drilled that rule into my head.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/17/sports/nfl-week-14-video-replay-is-star-in-overtime-for-patriots.html

Edited by plenzmd1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Prooly not a punt but a kickoff. Smart play if the ball is near the sideline. Make sure you step OOB first, then ctach the ball, because you are OOB, ball is also OOB, flag thrown!

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/12/17/sports/nfl-week-14-video-replay-is-star-in-overtime-for-patriots.html

Yes correct it was on a kickoff.  Ball moved to 35 then. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Prooly not a punt but a kickoff. Smart play if the ball is near the sideline. Make sure you step OOB first, then ctach the ball, because you are OOB, ball is also OOB, flag thrown!

Could have been a kickoff. I just remember WTF???

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Thank you for that link.  It explains the rule clearly.  "If a loose ball touches anything out of bounds, it is considered out of bounds."  I'll have to commit that to memory.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

Thank you for that link.  It explains the rule clearly.  "If a loose ball touches anything out of bounds, it is considered out of bounds."  I'll have to commit that to memory.

I’ve got my wife’s birthday, and our anniversary. I’m running out of room! 

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, jkeerie said:

Maybe you should write them down.

I tried that. I had them tattooed on my forehead....but when you look in the mirror.......I guess I didn’t think it through very well. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Garoppolo was throwing pick 6's like a machine during the 49ers training camp. He has definitely not recovered his form from his ACL surgery.

If half of that happened with Allen during training camp this board would be broken for most of a week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

You're right.  I recall that.  Cassel looked good one season in KC as I recall.  Then he fizzled.  In the pregame, Hasselbeck talked about Stitham and how NE develops QBs, citing Garapolo and Jacoby Brissett.   I think the jury is still out elsewhere and I'm wondering about the effectiveness of NE's offensive system. 

Considering that we'vd basically stolen the exact same system and both our starter and back up have looked good using it so far, I say it's probably NE's system that makes these QBs.

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Garoppolo was throwing pick 6's like a machine during the 49ers training camp. He has definitely not recovered his form from his ACL surgery.

If half of that happened with Allen during training camp this board would be broken for most of a week.

So....he’s the preseason version of the regular season Peterman? This is SO confusing! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1