Ryan Bates looked great at center against Panthers

Logic

15 hours ago, Logic said:

goddamnit.

I bet you had a whole thoughtful response mapped out to defend yourself, then realized what you were doing, and this was the result.

11 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

Really? ^

Is this the level of interaction that I should expect to see cluttering the board this season? 

A real "gotcha" moment... a real burn.

Bruh.  Lol.

There has been a fair degree of critique about Beane and signing Morse when there was a question about his concussion history.  But you do have to give him credit for scouring the waiver wires, free agents, and draft to substantially upgrade the O line.  We're going to cut some guys that will likely go elsewhere and get jobs, which speaks to both the overall paucity of O line talent and the commitment by Beane to upgrade.

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

There has been a fair degree of critique about Beane and signing Morse when there was a question about his concussion history.  But you do have to give him credit for scouring the waiver wires, free agents, and draft to substantially upgrade the O line.  We're going to cut some guys that will likely go elsewhere and get jobs, which speaks to both the overall paucity of O line talent and the commitment by Beane to upgrade.

They swung for the fences on Morse, but also structured his contract to give us relatively painless outs after this year.  They also brought in Feliciano, who looks more than capable of being an average level starter at Center, if needed.  Strong versatility all along the line, and it's almost like they built in contingency depth for if Morse misses time.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

I am thinking they will trade a Bills cut for a punter before the cut date.  Makes sure they get the player they want and the other team gets some Bills depth.  Win-win.

4 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

I am thinking they will trade a Bills cut for a punter before the cut date.  Makes sure they get the player they want and the other team gets some Bills depth.  Win-win.

No need to trade for a punter.  There are some decent ones out there (Allen, King) and more to be cut soon.  Last year they added Bojorquez just a week before the season started.

13 minutes ago, Logic said:

Hey man. 

He was just defending me against your rude, baseless, and most likely racially motivated verbal assault against me.

He and I are the good guys here. And you, @BringBackFlutie? You just need to pump the brakes.

Let me type this slowly so you can understand:

Pre. See. Zun.

17 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

If he plays well in the next 2 games, he could be a candidate for the PS. He still needs to learn to make line calls and that won't happen in just a couple of weeks, from what I gather, Josh made the line calls Friday

Why Mitch Morse was so critical this year, J Allen has enough one his plate, expecting him to make line calls consistently is asking too much at this point imo.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

I’ve always been a Bates fan. Ever since freshman year at PSU. I said this last year in a thread about offensive line and was laughed at. I feel vindicated. Can never have enough horses in the barn. 

It amazes me how fans of a college team can spot players that NFL scouts and GM miss.

There were several posters on TSW who knew that Foster and Wallace were good players.