Bills Equipment 'Garage Sale' this coming SAT/SUN

Hey Guys,

Ive mentioned a few times in posts my work bought a collection from a Bills employee that was a few hundred game worn jerseys, hundreds of gloves, pads, helmets, presentation game balls, hats, game balls, auto balls, game used and worn cleats, stadium signs, stadium flags, storage bins, even mouth pieces lol... pretty much everything you can think of! The Bills dont have team sales like most NFL teams sadly, so this is the closest thing we Bills fans have to a team garage sale. Just figured id give a PSA for any local Bills fans who are into stuff like that. The game worn jerseys start at $65 (cheaper than a low end nike nowdays), pants start at $30, and gloves are $25 - which would even be the cheapest way to outfit your kiddo in pro level gloves. Anyway, should be pretty cool and I wanted to give a heads up as the event is this weekend at Dave and Adams - 11am to close sat and sunday.

Hope to see some of you guys there!!! I get nothing out of it as i just work there - just figured people might want to know!!

1566257936796_203682375547069.jpg

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I hope you got permission for a thread on selling items. 

He isn't advertising his own stuff and it's bills related.

That be like starting a thread on a Bills sale at Walmart or Wegmans with some good deals

I'm sure there are lots here who would like some game work gloves or some jerseys

26 minutes ago, Forward Progress said:

Funny, I thought this was going to be a thread about trading away the players who don’t make the final 53 with the Bills to teams who would trade day-3 picks in return. 

Instead, it was an actual garage sale thread. 

Exactly my thoughts too.

30 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I hope you got permission for a thread on selling items. 

I tried to make it clear I have no financial gain. Sadly, they only gave me a weeks notice.  Personally as a collector id be heartbroken if something like this was going down and i wasnt aware of it. Im not trying to ruffle any feather - simply trying to bring awareness to the oppertunity to get in on some pretty awesome pieces of Bills history. Personally, i find the 'cut up'  DVDs pretty interesting . They are all from past regimes so its no longer relevant- but very interesting from a football perspective.  Believe it or not, i even found a dvd of trent edwards combine interview. Now THAT was a good watch.  Hopefully, wherever it ends up it makes it to YouTube:)

Another cool thing are the Ralph Wilson presentation game balls. Back then, theyd take a ball used in the game and paint it with a player, coach, or owners name. There are a few for ralph like 100 wins in the decade, or happy 80th bday - but the afc championship vs denver game takes the cake. Apparently he had it displayed in his office and after some time it had faded due to being in the sun. He asked that it be taken down to be 'restained'. When it was explained to him it wasnt a thing, he then requested that one be replaced with a new one!! Apparently there was no sentimental value in the original one that was game used lol. Jerseys and eqpt aside, its stuff like that.

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, hmsmystic said:

Put this stuff online for us West Coasters!

Edited title.

I wish i could. Just the pure qty and nature of trying to keep the cost down made it a local event. If they do offer online stuff at a later date ill be sure to update you!

14 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

mouthpieces?  Ewwwwwww

Haha right?! Not what i collect, but to each their own! Def one of the odder pieces. The sign that was above the locker room is pretty cool though, as is the logo from the center of the locker room before the remodel!

29 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Edited title.

I wish i could. Just the pure qty and nature of trying to keep the cost down made it a local event. If they do offer online stuff at a later date ill be sure to update you!

Lots of out-of-towners would love to see this sale online -- hopefully they can someday.

16 minutes ago, 17years&waiting said:

Lots of out-of-towners would love to see this sale online -- hopefully they can someday.

I dont doubt it and HOPEFULLY the Bills themselves change the thought process that this stuff is worthless. Its been doled out to alums and thrown out in years past. NE and PIT (who are admittidly different than us) actually have ebay shops for their old gear. NE opened the vaults and started selling all their extra jerseys back to the late 80s which killed prices, but did the fans a service of making it available,  which personally,  id take all day any day. PIT did something similar but not to the same extent. They seem to not want to flood the market. They have been selling their blank 1994 throwback extras for $800 a pop and people have been buying them! I think woth something like this, affordability is key. Sure, some items have a premium but to me, having a jersey worn in an NFL game for much less than $100 is pretty cool. Quality is much better than the low end nikes as well. Also makes for awesome convo starters at tailgates and games! Anywho, we wont ever get this chance again bc it was just a collection a retired employee stored in his warehouse over his 20 yr career - but maybe the team itself will change their stance and do a yearly team sale- similar to what the sabres did last weekend!!

Edited by gobills1212
  • Like (+1) 1