Pats release long time punter Ryan Allen

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, HOUSE said:

The joke is the patriots tried to hide Corey Bojorquez on the practice squad without using him in any games.

I wish they’d take him back.

The joke was on us for playing a punter and holder who can’t catch a football

9 hours ago, MJS said:

Picking up New England castoffs is probably not a good idea. They don't usually pan out.

If it were a position player I would agree. This is merely a shrewd cap move. Why pay a $1.5 million cap hit for Allen if you can get a rookie for around $500k?

8 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Tom Brady can probably average 50 yards as a punter.  For that matter, he can probably kick field goals reliably while holding for himself.

Only if he gets to apply his own Brady rules... So jeah shouldn't be a problem...

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we should sign him just because his name is Allen.

And then we should try and acquire as many Allens as we can.

Allen is the new Williams? We could also use another Carter, Johnson, Jones, Lewis, Murphy, Phillips, or Wallace.

Bojorquez put up better numbers than Allen last year in terms of average yards per punt (46.1 to 45.1), net average (41.2 to 39.5), and inside 20% (48.9% to 32.8%).  New England felt in needed to upgrade despite his Super Bowl performance.  I'd bring him in to compete but don't expect a huge upgrade if we make him our punter.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills punters have failed to impress

Cory Carter and Corey Bojorquez have been in a competition throughout the spring and summer, but neither has been able to create separation in the competition. For every booming punt, there seems to be two or three inconsistent kicks.

The regular season is just weeks away and the Bills still don’t have an answer at the position. Making matters worse for Buffalo, Carter will not play on Friday night against the Detroit Lions due to knee soreness.

Still playing at high level

Allen is still among the best punters in the NFL. In 2018, Allen finished seventh in the league with a 45.1-yard average with 21 of his 64 punts landing inside the 20-yard line.

Adding a player of Allen’s caliber could help decide a few games in Buffalo’s favor, if signed.

6 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Bills punters have failed to impress

Cory Carter and Corey Bojorquez have been in a competition throughout the spring and summer, but neither has been able to create separation in the competition. For every booming punt, there seems to be two or three inconsistent kicks.

The regular season is just weeks away and the Bills still don’t have an answer at the position. Making matters worse for Buffalo, Carter will not play on Friday night against the Detroit Lions due to knee soreness.

Still playing at high level

Allen is still among the best punters in the NFL. In 2018, Allen finished seventh in the league with a 45.1-yard average with 21 of his 64 punts landing inside the 20-yard line.

Adding a player of Allen’s caliber could help decide a few games in Buffalo’s favor, if signed.

You've got to think Bean is looking at that position it's clearly a weak point right now. I mean nobody's pulled away with it in camp and not because they've both been great.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:37 PM, Doc Brown said:

Bojorquez put up better numbers than Allen last year in terms of average yards per punt (46.1 to 45.1), net average (41.2 to 39.5), and inside 20% (48.9% to 32.8%).  New England felt in needed to upgrade despite his Super Bowl performance.  I'd bring him in to compete but don't expect a huge upgrade if we make him our punter.

For 8 games.  Then he injured his non-punting....shoulder.

Next.

On 8/20/2019 at 1:37 PM, Doc Brown said:

what were the hang times?

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

For 8 games.  Then he injured his non-punting....shoulder.

Next.

I'm not opposed to bringing Allen in.  Just don't expect a significant improvement as the Pats felt they needed to upgrade so they drafted a punter.

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

what were the hang times?

Similar looking at their net averages.