MMQB: Some love for Josh Allen (And Bar Bill)

YoloinOhio

8 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

"It’s not about what you agree with, it’s about the ability to have a smart discussion about our current society, and Stills is unafraid to have that dialogue in an increasingly politicized atmosphere."

Which I will continue to inflame by giving props to a guy who criticized his owner for having a fundraiser for a politician he supports thereby shaming his boss and thus anyone that would vote for Trump.....and then I'll agree with his decision to ridiculously criticize Jay-Z for actually doing the very things needed to move us forward together as Americans......I as a flaming lib do not want that to happen.  I need division.

Peter King is a moron.  But I support his Josh Allen take.  

Peter King didn’t write the article and doesn’t even write for that website anymore.  But yet HE’S the moron...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

josh-allen-082019-getty-ftrjpg_1v5g5cf5b

With Josh Allen, the Bills are using the blueprint that turned Cam Newton into the NFL MVP

In Carolina, Newton had to grow over four seasons before the Panthers got him the support he needed to emerge as league MVP. The result was a trip to Super Bowl 50. With the Bills' brass having that run fresh in mind, they are doing their best to accelerate Allen's development in a similar way.

At wide receiver, the Bills now have a savvy, speedy field-stretcher in John Brown and an inside/possession option in Cole Beasley.

At running back, they have LeSean McCoy in a committee that includes the ageless Frank Gore and rookie Devin Singletary.

At tight end, they have multiple athletic targets. They also have a rebuilt offensive line, where left tackle Dion Dawkins in the only starting holdover.

As was the case with Newton early in his career, the biggest concerns with Allen are decision-making and accuracy. Like Newton did, Allen has made up for his passing errors with fast, physical running.

The 6-5, 237-pounder rushed for 631 yards and eight touchdowns in 12 games as a rookie. Over a full season, that projects to 841 yards and 11 TDs - right on par with the best of Newton's ground game.

6 hours ago, GRHater69 said:

Next time anyone goes to the Bar Bill try doing Russian Roulette with the wings. If you order a single (10 wings) they do one with suicidal sauce but don't let you know which one it is. I've only done this once and the suicidals give you the slow face-melt after about 25 seconds.

On my more recent annual visits to the Bar Bill, I've been "upping my game," each year with regard to the wings.  For years, I'd just stick with "hot."  To me, it's a perfect amount of heat and the flavor is, IMO, simply unbeatable.

Two years ago, I went with extra hot.  I finished them, but I felt it. 

Last year, I went for it and got the suicidal wings.  I ate seven and then shared the rest.  I'm glad I did it, but I won't do it again.  In fact, I think this year I'll go back to "hot."

On 8/19/2019 at 7:28 PM, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

Man that’s awesome I love how excited Jim is and how he wants Allen to succeed , 

also it’s pretty cool that Brady* supports Jim Kelly foundation,

I hate Brady a little bit less now , 

11 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Name 1

In mother Russia you don’t find Waldo , Waldo finds you ! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/19/2019 at 7:18 PM, HamSandwhich said:

They had me at Allen’s story but lost me with the cowtowing to the progressive agenda. They put Stills on a pedestal. Keep politics out of sports! 

I am a bills fan and Kenny Stills became my favorite athlete in any sport with his criticism.

***** the Dolphins owner. ***** Trump.

8 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

I wouldn’t rank any of them in top 5 and no where near Bar Bill. Nine eleven is tied for worst ever with the boiled wings we had in Canada. 

Lol. So how long have you worked at Bar Bill?

• Haha (+1) 1